Jungle buff "sharing" needs a revamp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excretus Maximus

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Give your bot lane red and if the enemy doesn't follow suit, your bot lane will win. It makes harassing, trading, and farming easier for your carry.
I want to see purple side give their bottom lane red, I really, really, do.

octavian1127

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaphah View Post
How the f*ck did you get plat
gonna guess it's a ranked 3's plat badge

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
lol'd. I don't care enough about a game that I'll never be good enough at to make it mean anything. I do what i want, and if people take my buffs after i tell them not to, i see no reason to stay in the game. I'd rather afk, and piss off someone who tried to piss me off, than attempt to carry an *******

if they were carrying me, even better B) . They'll likely get even more angry

serves them right for attempting to steal a buff when i said i was keeping it
Can someone point a red at this guy? Obv toxic troll...

cmck

12-29-2012

Quote:
List 3 indisputable reasons, each, for a jungler to keep red and blue buff during the laning phase. Illustrate how that helps their team more than giving teammates the buffs while they lane.
Lets say I'm amumu for this example. Keeping the second and third blue allows me to have more ults for ganking all lanes. Keeping red helps me slow people during ganks in all lanes. Getting the gold in general allows me to keep up with the laners easier which makes me more of an asset.

Now if I gave my blue away it would only help mid, not top or bot because I wouldn't have as many ults. It would also hurt my gold. If I start giving away red to adc it would let them win trades and force the enemy bot to tower hug. Them tower hugging would prevent me from ganking or letting my adc get easy kills when I do use my ult in bot lane. Another side effect to adc taking red means top loses the red buff slow during ganks. The jungler helps all lanes equally, but giving the buffs away only helps that one lane.

Not saying you shouldn't give away buffs, but there are advantages to keeping them if you can use them.

General Quackers

12-29-2012

What really blows my mind in terms of why people don't love this idea is that regardless of how often you choose to give away your jungle buffs, the price to pay to give them away is too extreme in the current jungle. It doesn't just cost you a buff, it costs you gold and xp as well, and that's not ok.

Someone mentioned how difficult it is to give purple side bot lane the red buff. I agree. If the buff sharing system were change to a system that allowed the jungler to bring the buffs to the lanes, this would change the dynamic of the jungler's roaming a lot. It would be much more engaging than "blue will go to mid, red will go top or bot depending on my team color".

Excretus Maximus

12-29-2012

Quote:
It doesn't just cost you a buff, it costs you gold and xp as well, and that's not ok..
Gold yes, XP no. You can stand right by the buff and get the XP when your mid/top/whatever kills it.

General Quackers

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excretus Maximus View Post
Gold yes, XP no. You can stand right by the buff and get the XP when your mid/top/whatever kills it.
You get less xp if you're not alone when you kill something. That's why solo lanes have a level advantage.

The Sterg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

tl;dr: Mid got mad because the jungler needed a blue

lSwearSheWas18

12-29-2012

I agree with gold&exp rework. I have no problem giving away the buff to mid lane, but it is extremely annoying to lose the farm. They have a whole lane to farm, I have only the jungle. Of course, I give it away since it is better than mid not having blue, but it is something that bugs me.
A gold and exp change would very much improve this.

Chutney Wiggles

12-29-2012

If mid gets the blues and the carry gets the reds, I get the cannon minions.