Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle buff "sharing" needs a revamp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

12-29-2012

Riot, you don't make an attempt to fix the largest contributor to the resource starvation in the jungle. You don't even begin to explore how to fix an issue that has become "meta" and has stayed that way for well over a year; it's an issue that is seen in every game at nearly all levels of play.

Blue and red buff do not belong to the jungler after first clear. This is an establish rule of the jungler; in fact, it's part of the jungler's role to assist in passing these buffs to the lanes. It's expected to happen, and if the jungler refuses to give them up then they could end up on the bad side of a report for griefing.

Why hasn't anything been done about the method used for passing jungle buffs to the lanes? Giving up the gold and full xp of red and blue buff every time they're up is crippling, yet the current design of grabbing buffs demands that this happens.

As much as if floors me that this issue has never been addressed by Riot, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume it's never occurred to you to change this element of the jungler. However, you do need to change this element of the jungler. Buff passing should become more literal. Junglers should be able to literally pass a buff to a champ in lane. They get to claim the gold/xp, and if need be, they'll still be able to send that buff to a lane by visiting their teammate and passing them the buff.

When the players ask for jungle changes and jungle reworks, this is the type of thing they're talking about. Players want a different jungle that requires a different type of play, not the same S2 jungle with more restrictions on starting items. No offense, but from where I'm sitting you don't seem to making much of an effort in this department.

You can tweak the numbers to your heart's content, but if the concept you're tweaking the number for is a flawed concept, then none of if will matter. You need to step up and make real changes.

EDIT:

What really blows my mind in terms of why people don't love this idea is that regardless of how often you choose to give away your jungle buffs, the price to pay to give them away is too extreme in the current jungle. It doesn't just cost you a buff, it costs you gold and xp as well, and that's not ok.

Someone mentioned how difficult it is to give purple side bot lane the red buff. I agree. If the buff sharing system were change to a system that allowed the jungler to bring the buffs to the lanes, this would change the dynamic of the jungler's roaming a lot. It would be much more engaging than "blue will go to mid, red will go top or bot depending on my team color".

Axxlon

12-29-2012

The carry doesn't really need red, and it helps you with your ganking better...

Narvuntien

12-29-2012

You and your team still have a season 2 mind set..

General Quackers

12-29-2012

Quote:
Axxlon:
The carry doesn't really need red, and it helps you with your ganking better...

Give your bot lane red and if the enemy doesn't follow suit, your bot lane will win. It makes harassing, trading, and farming easier for your carry.

Quote:
Narvuntien:
You and your team still have a season 2 mind set..

Because nothing has changed in terms of optimal strategies for winning a game since S2. Hemorrhaging gold into your AD carry is still the number priority of the laning phase because a strong AD carry is still the method for winning a game. Denying your lanes blue and red buff against a team whose jungler is giving the buffs to the lanes is going to fail.

There is nothing to be gained from a jungler being selfish with the jungle buffs during the laning phase.

Kody119

12-29-2012

the buffs are ALWAYS the junglers, wheter the laners aknowladage it or not. for the most part, it's just better to hand them off and more beneficial (execept in red's case, that's debatable always, and a few blue heavy junglers) it's help you laners win without you being there, or have to spend more time ganking when top lane is getting pushed because the opponent doesn't need to be anywhere but there.

MrGarthonk

12-29-2012

I don't think it needs a revamp- if the midlaner literally heads over to the blue buff, it's clear as anything that he's about to receive it, enabling strategic counterplay.

Furthermore, buffs reset their duration upon transfer- this is open to plenty of abuse.

General Quackers

12-29-2012

Quote:
Kody119:
the buffs are ALWAYS the junglers, wheter the laners aknowladage it or not. for the most part, it's just better to hand them off and more beneficial (execept in red's case, that's debatable always, and a few blue heavy junglers) it's help you laners win without you being there, or have to spend more time ganking when top lane is getting pushed because the opponent doesn't need to be anywhere but there.

List 3 indisputable reasons, each, for a jungler to keep red and blue buff during the laning phase. Illustrate how that helps their team more than giving teammates the buffs while they lane.

Koldheartedjsp

12-29-2012

if i want my buff, i keep it. I keep 2nd or even 3rd blue if it'll make my life easier and i don't feel like having it being difficult

i tell them im keeping the buff. If they attempt to steal it i never pass them another one. If they are successful i afk

LSA

12-29-2012

Quote:
Original Duck:
Blue and red buff do not belong to the jungler after first clear..

Says who? If mid is feeding hard then I'm not going to let them have blue buff, simple as that. Why should I give it to them if they're just going to die again and give the other team our blue?

Blue buff is mine, and if I want to give it to somebody then I most likely will.

General Quackers

12-29-2012

Quote:
Koldheartedjsp:
if i want my buff, i keep it. I keep 2nd or even 3rd blue if it'll make my life easier and i don't feel like having it being difficult

i tell them im keeping the buff. If they attempt to steal it i never pass them another one. If they are successful i afk

Yes, that certainly sounds like a winning strategy that we'll see in lots or tournaments to come. You're an idiot and a jackass.