Role checker before ranked ques ( PLEASE READ)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gagooli

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthya Aras View Post
I think as you are picking your game type and then whether it's ranked or not, you would then get a 3rd choice which is to what role you are playing. Players would be thrown into the champion select where there they could communicate with their teammates and counterpick the enemy. These means that communication is still being initiated in the beginning, and you can still build your team up to work better with each other.

Example:

Step 1: I pick Summoner's Rift

Step 2: I pick Ranked Solo Que

Step 3: I pick Jungler position

Step 4: I am put into champion select with people who selected, jungle, adc, top, and mid.

Etc.... From there, like the champion trades, if a teammmate wanted to switch positions or if someone accidentally picked adc instead of what they wanted, they could trade positions. That could also be used to trick the enemy. I think this would solve A LOT of problems.
do you mean support instead of jungle in your list? If so, that is exactly what this thread is about, glad you agree with it

Røhø

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Overflow View Post
I posted the same idea in General discussion a few minutes ago, but i think it should be a separate game mode (Blind Pick, Draft Pick, Role check)
Disagree, role check should be option in any game mode. Pros know their roles going in so no fights or controversy... they just pick what helps them have advantage over the enemy.

Arcticfury

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh View Post
Disagree, role check should be option in any game mode. Pros know their roles going in so no fights or controversy... they just pick what helps them have advantage over the enemy.
That statement about pros has nothing to do with this. Pros are on 5 man premade teams so of course they'd know what role they are playing. Every 5 man premade should know this, it has nothing to do with being a pro. We're talking about Solo/Duo queue, in which even pros would get lined up with other pros that want the same position. But being that they are pros they can probably play all of the roles and care more about winning and less about getting their way, so this probably doesn't come up with them.

Actually, anyone that cares more about winning than getting their way shouldn't have this problem. It's the jerks who have to have it their way and then the jerk below them that also refuses to give up their role because they called it first.

I don't know that Riot can make these babies grow up, so a way to report them would be great. Role Selecting would be awesome.

BiggieForMayor

01-03-2013

Bump

EternalDevote

01-03-2013

Not to be a downer but Riot probably won't support this because they don't actually support any of the metas and support anything ranging from a team of 5 tanks to a team of 5 supports. That and your examples of 'WoW' has it and everything aren't that great because WoW makes it so it's impossible to beat the dungeons/raids without tanks healers and dps usually in a 1:1:3 ratio. While LoL doesn't 'need' to have a tank/adc/ap/support, just that's how the current meta sets it up as.

The metas all came from player basis not riot themselves.

There's even cases where breaking the meta can actually lead you to winning the game. Which is why Riot won't support it because they want the player to play how they please not restrict them to a certain type of game every single time.

Vinterheim

01-04-2013

This is very similar to the WoW dungeon queue system, and sounds like it would work out very well but i feel like it's vulnerable to trolls. They will eventually take the least chosen role to queue faster and then QQ about wanting to be x, y or z role instead of they one they chose

Aeonova

01-04-2013

Many keep saying Riot doesn't support the Meta and that this prevents them from making a Role queue system.

Solution:
Implement a Role Queueing system like this:
You choose either Freeform or Standard
1. Ranked Queue - Freeform - The current system, goes straight to the pick interface with bans etc.
or
Ranked Queue - Standard - Bruiser top, AP mid, Jungle, Support and ADC
pick your role, system finds 1 player for each role, then moves on to the pick interface

and as mentioned by many implement a 3 vote kick system to prevent trolls, once the kick happens reset the queue as if a player dodged.

chickdan

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS HDS View Post
The whole point of playing as a team is to pick certain champions that perfectly match eachother. for example, sona and mf ults are amazing. if picking champions before the game even starts, then i dont see what the point of actually being able to communicate with your team. Plus you could be blindly countered out of luck
are you sure you read this post correctly? all he wants to happen is when being matched with a team, everybody has a pre-selected role, that way there is no fighting over it and then having crappy champ match-up. you dont choose the champion, just the role.

JackPringle

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonova View Post
Many keep saying Riot doesn't support the Meta and that this prevents them from making a Role queue system.

Solution:
Implement a Role Queueing system like this:
You choose either Freeform or Standard
1. Ranked Queue - Freeform - The current system, goes straight to the pick interface with bans etc.
or
Ranked Queue - Standard - Bruiser top, AP mid, Jungle, Support and ADC
pick your role, system finds 1 player for each role, then moves on to the pick interface

and as mentioned by many implement a 3 vote kick system to prevent trolls, once the kick happens reset the queue as if a player dodged.
I 100% percent agree with this riot seriously need to fix it by doing something like this I love this idea

EternalDevote

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weilicht View Post
I 100% percent agree with this riot seriously need to fix it by doing something like this I love this idea
There's also a problem with giving roles straight out as certain champions are usually only good in certain spots that don't fall under the current standard. You want to go top AP teemo? Nope you have to be a Bruiser. You want to go mid Talon? Nope you have to be an AP. (When you implement a 'role' system into a game that doesn't need it you end up with certain champions being unable to compete properly.) Sure these champions can go mid Teemo and Top Talon but they'll USUALLY (note the usually, not always) get countered by the people who can actually perform the role better. Limiting your amount of counters in a game that is heavily based around counter picks is a pretty bad idea.

Instead of a 'role' system they could implement a LANE system instead. Where you can queue for Top / Mid / Bot / Jungle and probably an extra to note if you don't mind playing as a support, as let's face it, there will always be a support to AD carries. (Limiting champions based on a 'role' rather than a lane is just a bad idea in itself)

But like I said in my other post, other games use a role system because it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat the dungeon/raid/etc without following the system. League on the other hand can be played with any champion in any lane, just that the current preference dictates otherwise.