Role checker before ranked ques ( PLEASE READ)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CYRUS HDS

12-29-2012

Alright, so we've all had those games when two people get into a fight over a role, one of them decides to troll and ruins the game. Or when people already break the spirit of the team arguing about who is better at lets say top and waste so much time on it instead of actually communicating as a team towards victory. I believe what I'm about to bring up can fix this issue. To me, this happens 3/5 games, with 2 of those 3 leading to a troll due to people 'not caring anymore'. In worldofwarcraft, before you que for a dungeon you are supposed to que as a specific role, lets say healer. I believe it should be the same in at least LoL ranked games. I cannot find any cons of this system and believe this would benefit the LoL community greatly, and would help those hoping to achieve higher success at this game.

The system obviously would be before you go into a ranked game, asking you which role you would want to play. I know some people can and will abuse this system to get certain champions and then announce another lane. But that can be countered by a *kick-vote* 3 votes, the person is kicked from the team in champion selection. Or if thats too much at least a report option after the game.

It work like this:

step 1: Pick ranked/duo que

step 2: Have a role check on what roles im eligible to play.

step 3: The confirmation button shows up, also telling me which role I have been selected to play

step 4: I accept and go into champion selection

step 5: Everyone on my team has some sort of a mark next to their icon, indicating what role they are supposed to play.

Now if by any chance a player had to switch roles, they could still do so. That is of course with the agreement of the player who was supposed to play that role in the first place.

To prevent trolling , again I will bring up 2 ideas. A 3-kick vote system, therefor it cannot be abused by duos in anyway. Or a report option for : Failing to agree with roleselection

EsTOEban

12-29-2012

for the love of God, put this feature in for EVERY SINGLE gametype! I'm to the point of leaving the game b/c of dealing with these terrible situations.

Whitey Macfatson

12-29-2012

I was thinking the same thing except that would run into a problem:

What if 2 people chose the same champion or same role?

Instead maybe have a grading system where each person picks 5 champs.One for Top, one for Mid, a jungler, a support and an adc. Also have a priority slot system where the first champ they pick is what the want to play then each following champ is one less priority than the one before. Then once this is picked the game would chose what champ they play.

For example:

I play Top a lot, then ADC, Mid and Jungle but i HATE supporting
So i would put my champs in as follows:
1. Panth - Top
2. Draven - ADC
3. Kassadin - Mid
4. Shyvana - Jungle
5. Taric - Support

Therefore if im the only person who wants top then I would get that position but if someone else wanted top, who got it would depend on what the other teammates have and who else the other teammates have in their priority list.

The bans would happen before picking and you would not be able to see the other teams choices.

CYRUS HDS

12-29-2012

The way it works is when you que as a support lets say, you are matched with people queing for other roles, not another support. that way you will not face another place wanting to take over your role

CYRUS HDS

12-29-2012

I wish this post would get more attention -__-

Josiahfied

12-29-2012

While this would probably be about the best thing to happen to league of legends since... Darius. It would also just open up new ways for people to troll.

Super cool idea. I'm tired of all the role calling that just makes people mad when someone ahead of them takes someone elses role.

CYRUS HDS

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey Macfatson View Post
I was thinking the same thing except that would run into a problem:

What if 2 people chose the same champion or same role?

Instead maybe have a grading system where each person picks 5 champs.One for Top, one for Mid, a jungler, a support and an adc. Also have a priority slot system where the first champ they pick is what the want to play then each following champ is one less priority than the one before. Then once this is picked the game would chose what champ they play.

For example:

I play Top a lot, then ADC, Mid and Jungle but i HATE supporting
So i would put my champs in as follows:
1. Panth - Top
2. Draven - ADC
3. Kassadin - Mid
4. Shyvana - Jungle
5. Taric - Support

Therefore if im the only person who wants top then I would get that position but if someone else wanted top, who got it would depend on what the other teammates have and who else the other teammates have in their priority list.

The bans would happen before picking and you would not be able to see the other teams choices.

The whole point of playing as a team is to pick certain champions that perfectly match eachother. for example, sona and mf ults are amazing. if picking champions before the game even starts, then i dont see what the point of actually being able to communicate with your team. Plus you could be blindly countered out of luck

TeamsaR

12-29-2012

Merry christmas everyone ! <3

Bacon Overflow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

I posted the same idea in General discussion a few minutes ago, but i think it should be a separate game mode (Blind Pick, Draft Pick, Role check)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2957492

A R A S

12-31-2012

I think as you are picking your game type and then whether it's ranked or not, you would then get a 3rd choice which is to what role you are playing. Players would be thrown into the champion select where there they could communicate with their teammates and counterpick the enemy. These means that communication is still being initiated in the beginning, and you can still build your team up to work better with each other.

Example:

Step 1: I pick Summoner's Rift

Step 2: I pick Ranked Solo Que

Step 3: I pick Jungler position

Step 4: I am put into champion select with people who selected, jungle, adc, top, and mid.

Etc.... From there, like the champion trades, if a teammmate wanted to switch positions or if someone accidentally picked adc instead of what they wanted, they could trade positions. That could also be used to trick the enemy. I think this would solve A LOT of problems.