"Support", why are you 0/5?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

randomgiraffe

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakesh View Post
Its fine and all if you die to save the carry/help him/her to get kills.

But if she was that bad would of just let her die.

but that's just me.
There are a few outcomes to that situation:

1) You get reported for not assisting your team.
2) They decide to give up and you ultimately lose the 4/5.
3) They continue to do the same thing and feed and you end up losing.

There's really no win/win situation if you just let the bad players die. I do my best to try to win every game no matter what. (I'm not the guy that declines every surrender attempt though); I know when it's time to throw the towel in. So, I just keep on playing in hopes that whoever is making mistakes will get better whether it's me, my carry or anyone else on the team.

Rpground

12-29-2012

i know how you feel dude,even if youre doing WELL you can still get *****ed at even when not support. played a game pushed inhib while my team dies cause i wasnt close to the battle at the time,and i get *****ed at for something something useful for the team while i was unable to help in other ways. so people can ***** at you for just about anything. doesnt matter what you do,even if youre fed and kicking ass...

TheKrookedKilla

12-29-2012

I love being 0/4/XX support and being called a noob for having no kills.

randomgiraffe

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish n Chicks View Post
How I wish lol. Maybe I'll just go play Crono Trigger again xD

Sykah

12-29-2012

Has the OP said why they were 0/5 yet?

Being support doesn't exempt people from playing poorly.

PsychoB0b

12-29-2012

I was playin support taric...I always died in teamfights, but thats only because the enemy team kept focusing me first ;p

Ended up with a score of about 3/7/32

....the enemy Katarina kept calling me a bad noob because i had no kills. lol

randomgiraffe

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykah View Post
Has the OP said why they were 0/5 yet?

Being support doesn't exempt people from playing poorly.
Page 3. Second post.

Urf Mode

12-29-2012

The other day I was playing support Morg and a Fiddlesticks was telling me to defend a turret against an oncoming onslaught of 3 people one of which was a well fed Olaf who Ult'd every time he saw me so he could ignore my CC. Fiddle kept on raging that I was unskilled because our Pantheon would start fights with them that he had no chance of winning by himself when I would get stuck trying to solo defend, I mean really what am I supposed to do in a support role when my team doesn't know how to properly initiate?

#supportlife

randomgiraffe

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohoof View Post
This is missing a lot of context. If you were 0/5/30, that's one thing. But if you are 0/5/2 ten minutes in then I think they have a right to ask.
Did not mention my assists in the title since trolls forgot that those count as stats as well. Either that or they just don't care. Either way, in-game, if you have more deaths than kills ever (doesn't matter if it's only 1 more death than kill), you will probably get harassed or told to stop feeding or something along those lines. Whoever said it to you, will completely not acknowledge your assist count because it doesn't exist to them. They only see the deaths.

It's like pointing out the fact that some older man is dating a much younger woman. "He must have loads of money." While completely ignoring the fact that he could legitimately be a nice guy, care for her children, or anything else like that.

tl:dr - The trolls don't care.

Qsario

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgiraffe View Post
Doesn't really matter what your score ends up. They always complain. You could ask you top why he's 0/3 and they'll always come back with a "Why are you 0/2?" You can't reply with "because I'm support" because they just cannot seem to understand this concept that supports are trying to get their ADC fed, not themselves.

Trolls will be trolls. Children will be children.
Not true. Pick someone who can save their butt and proceed to do so regularly and you'll get fewer complaints. True, some people always complain and there are always bad games, but I've found that the better I've gotten at support, the fewer complaints I get. And when I was less skilled, there were a lot more of them and it was rather painful to get my skills up to a decent level.

But yeah, 0/5 is not a bad end game score. Not at all. Just make sure you don't feed, keep a good number of assists and do what you can to feed the carry and it's not too bad. I like to see if I can get more assists than CS, but it's not like I pass up CS that would otherwise be lost.