@ricklessabandon Why u math so good?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

hey rickless don't you think that Liandry's need a flat damage or a minimum damage?

whats the point of dots if they can never finish a target

Super Explosion

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBOOBOO View Post
Pokepokepokepokepoke.

For the net cost of 446.25 gold, that passive is quite worth it.

So for a target at 1000 heath, I believe you're doing 50 more base damage for the price of 20 AP.

100 more if they're affected by any of a variety of CC.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Thanks for the posts, Rickless! I learned some stuffs in here.

Aggrbargl

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
iirc, xypherous has made a few posts on the subject.

i might be paraphrasing him incorrectly, but i believe that it was essentially the first step in creating a much healthier environment for all archetypes. that way fighters, assassins, and mages could all co-exist with carries without having to have ridiculous things built into their kits to compensate for damage calculations that were set up around the carry's power curve.

i suggest trying to search for his posts for see if you can flag him down to post in a relevant thread if you're curious about the matter.
It seems like all the change has done is make penetration "all or nothing", such that you have to either focus on stacking it or ignore it entirely -- and the latter isn't an option for most damage-dealers.

Super Explosion

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrbargl View Post
It seems like all the change has done is make penetration "all or nothing", such that you have to either focus on stacking it or ignore it entirely -- and the latter isn't an option for most damage-dealers.
This may be somewhat accurate, however--

Season 3 introduced penetration-having generalist items as a way of making certain classes stronger.

It's not necessarily all about the penetration (hah hah), but that the items which provide penetration also provide other highly desirable condensed stats.

Stronger relative to the Ranged AD as a particular comparison.

Although honestly, it seems quite a bit like dancing around nerfing Ranged AD.

I mean, it appears that there is a lot of reticence in dropping the damage on ranged crit carries, even though that might be the most diversifying thing for the game.

Hidden Sanity

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBOOBOO View Post
hey rickless don't you think that Liandry's need a flat damage or a minimum damage?

Poke and set-up... that's why it's a bit weak on bust casters but strong on, say, Rumble.

Super Explosion

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Sanity View Post
Poke and set-up... that's why it's a bit weak on bust casters but strong on, say, Rumble.
It's not necessarily weak on burst casters, just potentially suboptimal during a 100-0 burst.

But for most of the rest of the game, especially laning harass and sieging, it's still excellent.

Even for someone like Veigar-- whenever you hit an enemy with a meteor or a little Q, it adds just that much more damage at low cost.

Probably not the best rush item on him, since he really wants those milestones of reasonable-farming and instant-death, but since Liandry's is just so good for its cost and condensed stats you could build it on him and do pretty well.

That's the idea behind a generalist item-- everyone can build it and do reasonably.

The problem with items like that however is they have a tendency to become 'must-builds' for a lot of champions.

Just like an absolute milestone of power that you must get before considering other items.
(Really obvious on even better condensed items like Black Cleaver and Blackfire Torch.)