[Champion Concept] Catherine the Demacian Cataphract

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tael Zenith

01-01-2013

Bump/Edited! Check her out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
R: So basically Taric ult w/ some resistance values thrown in. That will be hard to balance. Are you familiar w/ Taric's old ult? It was sort of like Swain's Ult, except it gave him a **** ton of health regen while it was up, and provided the AoE AD and AP buff. I think for this ability to work (since it does no damage) that you'll need something like this. Short cd, and needs good, but not overpowering buffs. Alternatively you could make it work more like Sivir's current Ult, but then I think the sheer number of buffs becomes hard to balance. Also she won't benefit much from the damage steroids (unless you counter the armor buff and her passive) so it won't really help her draw aggro.

General comment: Tanks need to draw aggro off their squishies; your q will slow them down, but when it's on cd people will just ignore you (unless the w is overpowered). Spammable heals, or stuns tends to be the way that Riot works the Aggro generation. Other possibilities are debuffs/buffs (soraka), or damage (taric/leona/mundo; although they have the cc/sustain method as well).

I took everything else into consideration (not even finished considering, to be honest) but I didn't change her Ulti, and I wanted to open the discussion door as to why.

The bonus AD is supposed to help her draw aggro, you are correct. However I was going to have it be a significant bonus to help pronounce her deadliness once the ulti is popped. I was hoping to go for the Bonus Armor and MR on the team is going to make her a better target, since everyone else just got harder to kill. This might be flawed thinking unless her Cavalry Charge is perfectly balanced with her ulti, though. Thoughts?

At this point, she is very Armor heavy to help counter the ADC meta, but what about trading off less Armor for more MR so she could be more effective against other sources of damage?

I guess that is all i have for you guys at this time, let me know what you think!

Dzanio

01-01-2013

Seems a bit more reasonable, the e will potentially be overpowered; will be interesting to see what you're thinking for numbers. I dislike having buffs and debuffs on the same ability because it makes balance difficult.

Passive is definitely going to be an aggro mechanism now, and taunts are always good on tanks (though can be hard to balance).

Ult: I like that the resistance buff is to the rest of the team, not her, and I agree with your thinking there. I wouldn't make the MR buff too high, but throw some numbers out and I'll look at them. Not sure how much the AD buff on the ult helps. It will obviously be nice as an AoE, but for herself I'm not so sure; depends a bit on the scaling for your abilities I suppose.

Tael Zenith

01-02-2013

Preliminary idea/bump.

It would require reworking her E: Cavalry Charge; But I wanted to know what everyone thought about giving her a slow on her passive. I know that this would be completely OP with a gap closer which is why it would have to be removed. I would also expect to lower the armor to damage % on her passive.

Desired effect would be similar to Skarner and his Q; if she gets to you... good luck getting away.

About to start putting some numbers behind her kit; Stay tuned!

Tael Zenith

01-03-2013

Preliminary numbers added to her kit on page 1, post 1.

Used similar champions for base stats and similar abilities for the bases/scaling of the abilities. Mathcrafting welcome and TBH, desired.

Thanks for all you do!

Tael Zenith

01-05-2013

Bump!

Tael Zenith

01-08-2013

Anymore feedback, forum!?