Nasus and Renekton's lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

O Pumpkin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

"In the midst of a heated battle, just as Nasus was about to slay his treacherous brother Renekton"

" Consumed by his anger, Renekton turned on the one being who could defeat him -- his own brother. Nasus pleaded with Renekton to see reason. Realizing that he was beyond redemption, the despondent Nasus valiantly struck down his wayward sibling. Defenseless, Renekton waited eagerly for death's release. It never came.
"

Someone tell me I'm retarded and I'm reading this wrong. The lore seems different on when/how/where Nasus was about to kill Renekton

Edit: Put in more of the lore from renekton's side.

DestroyThemBoyz

12-26-2012

Maybe Riot did it intentionally as to make it unclear to which brother was the most powerful so as to not influence the player base into stupid NASUS>REN 'caus riot said so!!!!

Or you can analyse it as the eternal conflict of the emotional person (Renekton) versus the rational wise person (Nasus). I like to think that Riot chose the second one 'caus its just more bad-ass and gives a potentially new way to look at the LoL lore, i.e. looking at champions as symbols or metaphors for bigger ideas.

O Pumpkin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyThemBoyz View Post
Maybe Riot did it intentionally as to make it unclear to which brother was the most powerful so as to not influence the player base into stupid NASUS>REN 'caus riot said so!!!!

Or you can analyse it as the eternal conflict of the emotional person (Renekton) versus the rational wise person (Nasus). I like to think that Riot chose the second one 'caus its just more bad-ass and gives a potentially new way to look at the LoL lore, i.e. looking at champions as symbols or metaphors for bigger ideas.

Why is there even lore then?

armonistan

12-26-2012

I don't see what the problem is. Both show that they fought, Nassus was about to finish Ren, then poof, summoners once more get in the way.

Koelio

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by armonistan View Post
I don't see what the problem is. Both show that they fought, Nassus was about to finish Ren, then poof, summoners once more get in the way.
You took the words right out of my mouth!