Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In Dominion, pre-game tips should be Dominion oriented.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palladine

12-31-2012

Here's a few:

• Be wary of the locations of your opponents when trying to obtain the Storm Relic. They might have the same idea that you do.
  • The Storm Relic and neutral capture points reveal stealth - for both teams!
  • If many enemies are standing on a single capture point, attacking other capture points may be a good strategic decision.
  • Mana is instantly restored before the game starts. This can be taken advantage of in order to charge items like Tear of the Goddess, or to use a movement-speed increasing ability on an ally.

naotasan

12-31-2012

Quote:
Palladine:
Here's a few:
  • Be wary of the locations of your opponents when trying to obtain the Storm Relic. They might have the same idea that you do.
  • The Storm Relic and neutral capture points reveal stealth - for both teams!
  • If many enemies are standing on a single capture point, attacking other capture points may be a good strategic decision.
  • Mana is instantly restored before the game starts. This can be taken advantage of in order to charge items like Tear of the Goddess, or to use a movement-speed increasing ability on an ally.

I added the neutral point that detects stealth, but I've never seen the storm shield relic location reveal stealth.
Additionally, your mana isn't instantly restored at the start of the game, you're at the fountain that gives massive hp/mana regen, just like the SR one except 6x faster.
But that just gave me a new idea.
What if the Storm Shield buff gave stealth detection?

Yohnski

12-31-2012

Quote:
naotasan:
I added the neutral point that detects stealth, but I've never seen the storm shield relic location reveal stealth.

I believe the area RIGHT around the buffs reveals stealth, it's very small though.

naotasan

12-31-2012

Quote:
Yohnski:
I believe the area RIGHT around the buffs reveals stealth, it's very small though.

I remember fighting a teemo 1v1 right on the storm shield and he sat still to get his passive buff. I didn't see him. We should test this out to be 100% sure though.

Panzerzs

01-01-2013

Quote:
naotasan:
But that just gave me a new idea.
What if the Storm Shield buff gave stealth detection?

~Just a random thing to add...
Feedski also stated that lol, the middle storm buff should give something more "essential" which I completely agree with !
-Yes, that buff gives a shield, but with how fast people can accumulate damage in a small amount of time, that shield is kind of meh, it does save people in clutch moments though
-Besides, on high level gameplay, taking the storm buff with enemies missing is a death trap for me most of the time, and the storm buff isn't worth that risk =(. Maybe if it was to be more "better" like what you stated as advice to make the buff more worth-while, we could have more epic fights around the middle, (remember, bot laners can turn the storm shield area fight into 5 v 4 or 5 v5

naotasan

01-02-2013

I've been in on a 5v5 at the storm shield area. It really should have more incentive to get.

Kiddalee

01-04-2013

I got a Baron Nashor related tip on Dominion a while ago. I don't know if they've fixed that since.

Phourc

01-07-2013

I know Nome was looking into this at one point, but I'd rather this stayed on the front page

naotasan

01-09-2013

bamp

HawtPockets

01-10-2013

Maybe mention something about Revive being a great spell on Dominion? I've had a lot of people trash talk me for taking it.