Cho'Gath Suggestion - Make Vorpal Spikes cost 2 mana per proc.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaffeineJunky

12-29-2012

Cho'Gath is one of those champions who really would benefit from having an Archangel's turn into a Seraph's Embrace, but he currently can't charge a Tear of the Goddess in any reasonable amount of time.

He used to be like Singed, where a Tear of the Goddess is the ideal mana item, but unlike Singed, he can't charge the newly changed Tear of the Goddess. With the new change, Cho'Gath can only really benefit from it if his toggle ability were to benefit from being able to proc the Tear.

My suggestion is simple - give Vorpal Spikes a small mana cost in order to help Cho'Gath boost the Tear at a much more reasonable rate. I don't think this will make Cho'Gath overpowered. What do you all think?

Autocthon

12-29-2012

RoA is his ideal mana item.

Alternatively a combination of Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil (or something similar). Honestly thugh if you're having mana issues as Cho'gath I'd be wondering what you were doing wrong playing him not building him.

Phoe Dragon

12-29-2012

I think adding a mana cost to his vorpal spikes would make him really mana hungry in battle. think about that, 2 mana per every basic attack. it would be like Teemo having to use mana for poison darts. It just wouldn't be functional. I think there are other mana items that could suit Cho's needs.

CaffeineJunky

12-29-2012

I'm not addressing the fact that Cho has mana issues, he typically doesn't with most normal Cho item builds. What I do think suits Cho is Seraph's Embrace, where he can become even tankier for a few seconds with the item.

Frightning

12-29-2012

Seraph's Embrace is meant for mages so that can be get a shield to help them survive longer in late game teamfights.

FreeGothitelle

12-29-2012

The shield isn't worth it compared to the 650 health from RoA or armour/aura from frozen heart.
Even if cho could charge it other mana items that make him tankier are preferable.

Autocthon

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineJunky View Post
I'm not addressing the fact that Cho has mana issues, he typically doesn't with most normal Cho item builds. What I do think suits Cho is Seraph's Embrace, where he can become even tankier for a few seconds with the item.
25% of current mana is a pittance compared to 650 HP from RoA, or simply buying raw resistances.

Cho sits at around 3000 health before items, additional health (regardless of whther the source is actuall a shield) should always be second to additional armor/MR or better yet bruiser AP items (abyssal/Hourglass/Chalice)

My dream Cho build is Frozen Heart+GA+Abyssal+Chalice+RoA

masterdragon481

12-30-2012

On top of this, if it had a mana cost, it would proc things like torment. Someone just said do the same thing to teemo's e. I believe this would completely unbalance the game. Changing it would not be a good idea

Mattafack

12-30-2012

Putting a mana cost just to balance out a cheap item that doesn't really do THAT much unless you build it into a Manamune just doesn't seem worth it. Besides, while the damage from the spikes can stack, spikes aren't that big of a threat MAYBE until late game, assuming he's built full AP instead of tankiness.

Zalenoth

12-31-2012

he never had mana issues... back in the day. his passive was like 5 times stronger and he regen'd mana back a lot quicker.