So, I started Portal 2.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiralune

12-28-2012

I have a Lenovo ideapad y480, with an i7 processor, 8 gigs of memory, and Nvidia Geforce GT 650M.

Yet, though I could run LoL at high, Crysis 2 at high, Bioshock, etc, Portal 2 keeps causing me to get this message to appear:

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 306.97 has stopped working and recover".

I updated the driver to 310.70, and I got the same message, with 310.70 to appear instead.

Is it my computer? Or is it just that game itself?

Edit: A downvote? I mean, off-topic is off-topic, that's the point of this section. =.=

Deceive or AFK

12-28-2012

You have a laptop which are rarely updated with decent drivers.

Google says you go and download the latest beta version of the driver and do a 'clean install' when it asks.

If it still doesn't work, get the equivalent desktop version of the driver and find a bootleg to force the install.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

It's most likely a driver issue. Check and see if your PhysX setting is set to "Auto." If it is, turn it off. I'm not sure exactly how to do that, but if it's anything like AMD you should have a control center for your graphics settings.