just bought Donkey 64 for my Nintendo...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gruntilda

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmor View Post
Did you buy the rumble pack instead?
already have one, but its different from the expansion pack

Gruntilda

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The broest bro View Post
How did you not know it needed one? Need 90's schooling bro
sorry man, thought the rumble pack and expansion pack were the same thing

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-28-2012

Holy ****, I just looked up the memory expansions online. They are crazy expensive these days!

Malloreon

12-28-2012

Why not just use an N64 emulator?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloreon View Post
Why not just use an N64 emulator?
Ah, take a seat my child.

I shall tell you about nostalgia and the "feel of the wheel" as us old timers might say....

An emulator just isn't the same as the real deal. Much like your han.....never mind, let us move on.

Malloreon

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Ah, take a seat my child.

I shall tell you about nostalgia and the "feel of the wheel" as us old timers might say....

An emulator just isn't the same as the real deal. Much like your han.....never mind, let us move on.
Hey now, I grew up in the Nintendo/Super Nintendo era (<3 Link to the Past). I know what it's like using the older systems.
In fact, I was over at a friend's the other day and we ended up playing Ocarina of Time on his N64. It's nice to use the actual console, but damn, the graphics were so blurry I could barely tell what I was looking at. Sometimes there were drops in the framerate and other various annoyances.

Being able to crank up Anti-Aliasing and force widescreen (Not stretch, mind you, actually changing the game's aspect ratio to 16:9) makes it overall just a better choice to emulate it.

CyrusofIreland

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloreon View Post
Hey now, I grew up in the Nintendo/Super Nintendo era (<3 Link to the Past). I know what it's like using the older systems.
In fact, I was over at a friend's the other day and we ended up playing Ocarina of Time on his N64. It's nice to use the actual console, but damn, the graphics were so blurry I could barely tell what I was looking at. Sometimes there were drops in the framerate and other various annoyances.

Being able to crank up Anti-Aliasing and force widescreen (Not stretch, mind you, actually changing the game's aspect ratio to 16:9) makes it overall just a better choice to emulate it.

Not to mention cheaper. Rare games are like 200-500$ ><

Malloreon

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusofIreland View Post
Not to mention cheaper. Rare games are like 200-500$ ><
That too.