The implementation is done, but we want the map to have a chance to mature First

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
At what point did I defend Riot or make a point that they care, 'kiddo'?

Your incessant desire to insult others is a testament to your inability to make a strong argument.

You say, so eloquently, that you are, "smoking a nice chunk of reality," but all I see is speculation. Give me hard facts, and I'll concede that your grim perception of reality is the truth. Until then, I'll continue to perceive my own reality based on the facts I have in my hand.
I have already stated the facts numerous times, not my fault you lack the inability to comprehend them. There is no argument to be had thus all I can do is call you out for how stupid you are for your inability to understand the simple truth of the current situation which I shall try to explain to you as simply as possible one last time. If you still cannot grasp reality after this then I really do pity you.

  • No acknoledgement of the playerbase for over a year
  • Dom builds stopped being featured in champion spotlights after 2 months of the modes release
  • Nome magically appeared at the same time new TT is released
  • Changes to dominion were for the benifit of TT first, dominion second and only effected dominion since they shared some items. Sweeper lost its passive due to how good it was on Singed and Teemo in TT for example.
  • Stealth Remake took 2 years, which was "high priority" aparently and they willing shat on Twitch/Eve players as getting it done would not generate money
  • Achievements tab still exists after 3 years, fixing the UI to remove it will cost money yet generate none.
  • Nome wants to help but is not allowed to. He also has little clue about what needs to be done and is doing alot of guesswork as shown by how "wrong" he was about his idea of what the changes to the aura should be. Good thing he listened to the backlash
  • Riot is a massive company, it has the resources to fix things yet chooses not to. Reason - Won't make them more money, but more skins/champions do. In contrast a aram queue will make them more money so guess what? Yep, aram queue coming but oh wait you still think they don't have the resources for adding that don't you? Silly boy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

01-04-2013

This will be my last post here because I refuse to continue to feed the troll. I concede, you've successfully trolled me, and I'm a fool for responding.

Now, if only these were facts. Let's break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
  • No acknoledgement of the playerbase for over a year
False. Dominion was released September 26th 2011. Co-op vs. AI was added in February 2012. Further Nome showed up before the new TT was released. In fact, he began communicating with the Dominion community to gather information, then disappeared for a bit just before TT was released.

Oh look, June 14th 2012 in Phourc's Welcome thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'd say "swag" but J. Bieber has made it uncool.
Much less than one year from Dominion's release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
  • Dom builds stopped being featured in champion spotlights after 2 months of the modes release
False. Darius released May 23rd, 2012. 7 months after Dominion's release, and has a Dominion portion in spotlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
  • Nome magically appeared at the same time new TT is released
Not at the same time. He was here sooner than the new TT, released October 17th, 2012. See above quote linked from June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
  • Changes to dominion were for the benifit of TT first, dominion second and only effected dominion since they shared some items. Sweeper lost its passive due to how good it was on Singed and Teemo in TT for example.
This is not a fact, this is speculation, unless you can provide me proof otherwise. Even if true, there have been plenty of other changes provided to Dominion and Dominion alone, for example, aura changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
  • Stealth Remake took 2 years, which was "high priority" aparently and they willing shat on Twitch/Eve players as getting it done would not generate money
The stealth rework took a long time, and I don't have a chronology for this. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on 2 years. The rest of this comment is speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
  • Achievements tab still exists after 3 years, fixing the UI to remove it will cost money yet generate none.
I've never even noticed the tab, to be honest. Again, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. I don't really care about the tab... why remove it if they have future plans to support the achievements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
  • Nome wants to help but is not allowed to. He also has little clue about what needs to be done and is doing alot of guesswork as shown by how "wrong" he was about his idea of what the changes to the aura should be. Good thing he listened to the backlash
More speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
  • Riot is a massive company, it has the resources to fix things yet chooses not to. Reason - Won't make them more money, but more skins/champions do. In contrast a aram queue will make them more money so guess what? Yep, aram queue coming but oh wait you still think they don't have the resources for adding that don't you? Silly boy.
More speculation.

To make myself completely clear, I did not want to have this silly argument with you. You'll notice that this is the only post where I have actually 'flamed' you. My point was to maintain an intelligible discussion based on actual facts, not perceived 'facts', that is useful to the readers and those who wish to participate in the discussion. I'd much rather collaborate towards a common goal on solid footing, than fight over narrow points of view. Sadly, that was not in the cards. If I wanted to balk at stories I made up based on what I believe to be reality, I would go read a tabloid.

That's all. Good day, sir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

01-04-2013

None of the things you claim to be speculation are speculations. The evidence is there and I even told you the places to find it, such as the aura changes topic where you can read the pages of backlash as to how wrong his original proposes changes were. Sure I got the dates wrong on a few things such as the last time there was a dom spotlight but that just hammers the nail in further because that is how long ago it feels. Also when there were spotlights, they were hardly informative. The original stealth remake was "leaked" as being on the cards late 2010, confirmed as being worked on early 2011 and mid 2011 prototypes were posted on the forums when someone asked the reds (by Shurelia IIRC). I could correct you on other things to, but if I wanted to comb through **** for a living I'd be a farmer.

I suggest you go read that tabloid. News of the World sounds like the sort of thing you'd be interested in reading, they too are living in a fantasy world of corporate nonsense and enemy of the people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damieh

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
It has everything to do with resources. If a company had infinite resources, there would be no reason not to add ranked dominion, because even if the population is small, there is still money to be had and they have infinite resources, so why not? It is precisely because they have a finite amount of resources that we aren't getting ranked. If ranked dominion would bring about as much money as, say, another champion, then it would have happened by now. Until dominion has enough population that corporate suits look at the numbers and say "yeah, we can make our money back sometime in the next decade" we will see very little of those finite resources.
Ignoring your reduction to absurdity I think you know what I meant slime. *Of course* it has to do with resources as well, I was trying to address the *main* problem: low playerbase =).

Also, we can't give riot more resources, but we can try to increase the population or support dominion in other ways.

That being said, I share your opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
None of the things you claim to be speculation are speculations. The evidence is there and I even told you the places to find it, such as the aura changes topic where you can read the pages of backlash as to how wrong his original proposes changes were. Sure I got the dates wrong on a few things such as the last time there was a dom spotlight but that just hammers the nail in further because that is how long ago it feels. Also when there were spotlights, they were hardly informative. The original stealth remake was "leaked" as being on the cards late 2010, confirmed as being worked on early 2011 and mid 2011 prototypes were posted on the forums when someone asked the reds (by Shurelia IIRC). I could correct you on other things to, but if I wanted to comb through **** for a living I'd be a farmer.

I suggest you go read that tabloid. News of the World sounds like the sort of thing you'd be interested in reading, they too are living in a fantasy world of corporate nonsense and enemy of the people.
Then explain where Wooglets, Grez, and BFT came from if Nome "isn't allowed to do anything"...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fabs457

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Nome did a ton for dominion to make it more fun and balanced now than possibly ever (imho). Its essentially up to the rest of Riot to do a better job of promoting the game mode itself and trying to do more to bridge the gap in player-base from the other modes. It sucks getting the same players almost constantly in normal queues, not that I don't like seeing them, it just compounds the thought that there are so few players actually queuing.

I commend the players who take it upon themselves to promote dominion and try to bring interest to it, but Riot should do... more. I'm not implying Nome isn't doing enough in any way/shape/form, cause without him I'm certain Dominion would be in a horrible spot and a lot of players would have left long ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Then explain where Wooglets, Grez, and BFT came from if Nome "isn't allowed to do anything"...
All changes for the Twisted Treeline first, Dominion second. Was Grez, Woogles and BFT Dom items? No. Were they TT items that got changed and put in Dom afterwards? Seems everyone knows the answer to that except you. Dominion was not even a factor in their creation, they got placed into Dom afterwards. I advise taking your head out of your backside, you will have an easier time reading this forum that way. At this point I really can't tell if you are a riot suck up, really this blind/stupid to the situation/reason things are happening/why, or both.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
All changes for the Twisted Treeline first, Dominion second. Was Grez, Woogles and BFT Dom items? No. Were they TT items that got changed and put in Dom afterwards? Seems everyone knows the answer to that except you. Dominion was not even a factor in their creation, they got placed into Dom afterwards. I advise taking your head out of your backside, you will have an easier time reading this forum that way. At this point I really can't tell if you are a riot suck up, really this blind/stupid to the situation/reason things are happening/why, or both.
You said nome isn't allowed to do anything to dominion. You didn't bother qualifying or explaining that, so that means *anything*. Even disregarding the aura changes, those items DID get put into dominion and those items ARE changes to dominion, thus proving your statement false.

Proof you said nome was hired to do nothing but be a PR bot for dom:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
And Nourne isn't employed by Riot to make things happen, he is employed by Riot to tell you what is happening (IE Nothing).

GG no re, though it'll be amusing to see how much of my post you ignore in trying to wiggle out of this


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Even disregarding the aura changes, those items DID get put into dominion and those items ARE changes to dominion, thus proving your statement false.
No it doesn't, it just makes it all the more true. They are Twisted Treeline changes that effect Dominion, just like nerfing health pots from 200 to 150 was an SR change that effected Dominion. Did the balance team ever take dominion into consideration when doing that change even though the item is in both modes? No they did not.

Since the above is most likely too technical for you, maybe a reconstruction of events will assist you.

Riot - Nome go do this **** for TT
Nome - K I done this **** for TT
Riot - Good, make sure its Ok in TT now
Nome - It's K in TT, mind if I throw it in Dom afterwards to shut them up for abit?
Riot - I see no problem with that as it doesn't require any extra effort, not like anyone takes dominion seriously.
Nome - Yeah they do, I need todo this other stuff to help them......
Riot - Sorry can't let you do that Star Fox, let us know how it turns out.

Few days later

Nome - Boss, the dominion players are blaming me for messing up the balance with new items we never tested on the map
Riot - Well go sort it then, that is your job.
Nome - This wouldn't of happened if you had let me do stuff
Riot - That is not what we pay you for, hows Treeline going?
Nome - People are complaining about Singed/Teemo being too strong with the Sweeper Passive
Riot - K then remove it
Nome - But it'll effect dominion and mess up the balance further....
Riot - I SAID REMOVE IT, we don't have the resources to actually test things.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Explain the Lightbringer change and the BFT nerfs and the Wooglets buildup change. Wait, never mind, they're "just for TT".

Also, please link the red post that gave that reason for the sweeper passive change. Oh wait, you can't, because that's not why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
That's the gist of why it was removed. Removed gameplay, didn't add it.