The implementation is done, but we want the map to have a chance to mature First

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Fun fact: Brackhar was taken off Dominion shortly after it's release. I wouldn't be surprised if he had no idea what was going on with it any longer.
Fun fact : The map itself has nothing todo with the code to add ranked, that code already exists. The only work involved would not be on the technical side since it is a copy/paste job (flipping the switch). Most of the work required to enable ranked for dominion would be adding a new ranked icon to the client UI and making sure the copypasta code is working as intended. It wouldn't surprise me if the reason for no dominion ranked is because it would mean having to update art aspects of the client (which is why we have had a greyed out achievements tab for over 3 years).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beezil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Floop the pig!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-02-2013

you know what fixes dom? some ****ing support.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
And Nourne isn't employed by Riot to make things happen, he is employed by Riot to tell you what is happening (IE Nothing). Want to know who is employed todo things and is able to tell you what can/could be done if they was allowed todo it? Brackhar. This is why you do not ask Iron Stylus balance questions, its not his domain just like the technical side of things is not Nornues and most certainly is not yours. Take what Nourne says with a bucket of salt, all he does is relay the message from people above him. He has no power of his own, if he did then things would of got sorted ages ago. The only thing that has happened is an aura change, and that was mostly due to S3 being a massive spanner and not him. If you read the topic of Nornues original plans to change the aura there was a massive blacklash since he had no clue what was needed, but thankfully he listened and we got some minor improvements to the map for once.
I don't say this often, so please take it to heart when I tell you: l2read
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Guess who did the BFT nerfs (after adding it in the first place, plus more nerfs in the pipe), helped get BC nerfed, brought us Grez and Wooglets, and tweaked the Aura? Protip: it was the one hired to do so.
(nome)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
Fun fact : The map itself has nothing todo with the code to add ranked, that code already exists. The only work involved would not be on the technical side since it is a copy/paste job (flipping the switch). Most of the work required to enable ranked for dominion would be adding a new ranked icon to the client UI and making sure the copypasta code is working as intended. It wouldn't surprise me if the reason for no dominion ranked is because it would mean having to update art aspects of the client (which is why we have had a greyed out achievements tab for over 3 years).
Do you have any sources to back up anything you're saying here, outside of a year-old quote with no details what-so-ever?

To be clear, I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm wondering why you're bothering to say any of what was typed in this post at all, unless of course you're speaking from real-world ranked implementation experience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

01-03-2013

I really feel this went from a legitimate discussion to a hella troll thread:
- random, baseless accusations
- insulting people who post here with anything factual
- spelling "Nome" differently in every post

It's... it's not just me, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Basically, they have the framework for ranked completed and just sitting around collecting dust.
Not sure what they're waiting on.
Nah if they had it all done it'd be on by now, I'll have to dig around for the exact quote when I get home but I'm pretty sure it'd take a good chunk of time to implement still - time Nome would rather use for new items/aura changes/etc... While a lot of this situation is frustrating as hell, *that* at least makes sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

Senior Member

01-03-2013

I would be just as satisfied if normal queue were disabled in favor of 1 draft queue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I really feel this went from a legitimate discussion to a hella troll thread:
- random, baseless accusations
- insulting people who post here with anything factual
- spelling "Nome" differently in every post

It's... it's not just me, right?

Nah if they had it all done it'd be on by now, I'll have to dig around for the exact quote when I get home but I'm pretty sure it'd take a good chunk of time to implement still - time Nome would rather use for new items/aura changes/etc... While a lot of this situation is frustrating as hell, *that* at least makes sense.
No, it's not just you. There's a legitimate discussion to be had here, but my attempts to get things back on track seem to be failing .

Important thing is that there are more issues than ranked facing Dominion. Champion balanced needs to be improved to a level that is comparable to SR, and promotional work by Riot must be done to grow the player base. Once the active player numbers are on the rise, implementing ranked will throw more fuel in the engine and keep it growing to healthy numbers. That's my opinion, anyway. I don't believe just turning on Ranked is going to solve anything unless it is part of a bigger picture; a catalyst to an already successful chain reaction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
No, it's not just you. There's a legitimate discussion to be had here, but my attempts to get things back on track seem to be failing .

Important thing is that there are more issues than ranked facing Dominion. Champion balanced needs to be improved to a level that is comparable to SR, and promotional work by Riot must be done to grow the player base. Once the active player numbers are on the rise, implementing ranked will throw more fuel in the engine and keep it growing to healthy numbers. That's my opinion, anyway. I don't believe just turning on Ranked is going to solve anything unless it is part of a bigger picture; a catalyst to an already successful chain reaction.
I'm honestly not sure what discussion there is to be had. You have it exactly right. Dominion is too small and too systematically flawed right now to be able to benefit from ranked. It's that simple.

I dearly hope 2013 is The Year Of The Dominion, but I guess we'll see.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
No, it's not just you. There's a legitimate discussion to be had here, but my attempts to get things back on track seem to be failing .

Important thing is that there are more issues than ranked facing Dominion. Champion balanced needs to be improved to a level that is comparable to SR, and promotional work by Riot must be done to grow the player base. Once the active player numbers are on the rise, implementing ranked will throw more fuel in the engine and keep it growing to healthy numbers. That's my opinion, anyway. I don't believe just turning on Ranked is going to solve anything unless it is part of a bigger picture; a catalyst to an already successful chain reaction.
I am of the opinion that ranked won't fix the issues with populace. I think it will help with the mode hemorrhaging players, however.

I am also of the opinion that balance changes won't help with the populace. Something more drastic has to be done with the mode in order for it to gain numbers. Riot sponsored tournaments, riot streams... something. Maybe first win of the day bonus for Dominion.