Yi's Meditate Needs to be fixed

12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTehAnarchy

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideEric View Post
Wards make his speed meaningless.

Hardly, if anything wards just add to its effectiveness (case and point you see Yi one place by the time you get there hes moved on, and now your out of your lane in a prime spot to be ganked) Try chasing down a yi and tell me wards made his speed useless.

It's called strategy. Learn it maybe.

^ funny i remember hearing the same argument coming from teemo players before his massive nerf

Except he's not more resilient than any tank. Does one Stun stop a Malphite? Does one Silence stop a Mundo? Does Snare or Knockup really stop Singed?

They are tanks, you need to do a lot to kill them, but stuns slows and knock ups help, their not REQUIRED to kill a tank. If you dont have a stun slow or knock up ability Yi is no different from a tank, and no amount of strategy makes it fair for 1 champ to be able to counter any champ that lacks a stun silence or knock up, this goes back to my origional point. Why should a JUNGLE champ have an ability that requires champs lacking stuns knockups or silences to gank him if they want to kill him?

Didn't. Think. So.

One Silence, Stun, Knockup, Taunt, etc halts whatever tankiness Yi might have during Meditate. One. And then what? He gets blown up.

If Yi is initiating without CC to lead him in, that's a bad Yi.

Anyone just letting Yi Meditate in the middle of a team fight is doing it wrong.
Yes, why focus on the carries, or the support when you can focus on the jungler? Yeah...

DarksideEric

12-29-2012

Here... let's go down the list of people that can stop Meditate, either 1v1 or team fight, shall we?

Ahri
Alistar
Amumu
Anivia
Annie
Ashe
Blitz
Brand
Cass
Cho
Darius
Diana
Elise
Fidd
Fizz
Galio
Garen
Gragas
Hec
Irelia
Janna
Jarvan
Jax
Jayce
Kass
Ken
LB
Lee
Leona
Lulu
Malph
Malz
Morg
Nami
Naut
Noc
Ori
Panth
Poppy
Ram
Ren
Riven
Sej
Shaco
Shen
Shyv
Singed
Sion
Skar
Sona
Soraka
Syndra
Talon
Taric
Trist
TF
Udyr
Urgot
Vayne
Vieg
Vi
Viktor
Voli
WW
Wukong
Xerath
Xin
Ziggs
Zyra

You're telling me... that out of all of those champions you don't have at least one... if not two, of them on your team for team fights or jungling?

DarksideEric

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
Yes, why focus on the carries, or the support when you can focus on the jungler? Yeah...
Wards make his speed useless because you can see him coming, not looking for him going.

But of course, the common sense flew over your head.

Lemme ponder a little riddle for you. When Yi becomes tanky... what exactly can he do? I mean, he's obviously running around still doing damage like Singed is... right? Oh... wait, he's not? Maybe he's taunting the entire enemy team, like Gali... no, no not that either. Oh, I know, he's CCing other people... no, that's not it either. Yi is given tankiness during Meditate because he's not a tank, but his damage is reduced to a big whopping 0 when he's a tank. Name one other tank that does zero damage while they are being tanky. Name one.

And love that last one that's actually in the quote.

I mean... yeah, let's just forget that Yi is even in the game and only go for the ADC or Support. Doesn't matter what the map positioning is, player presence, champions used, etc, etc. I mean yeah, let's just not focus Yi at all actually, that 0/1/0 with 30 CS Ashe is far more important when Yi comes to gank bot. Sona should absolutely focus all her attention on Ashe instead of the Yi that is more dangerous.

If you think targeting the ADC/Support is the only way to go, you're doing it wrong.

ForTehAnarchy

12-29-2012

Quote:
Here... let's go down the list of people that can stop Meditate, either 1v1 or team fight, shall we?

Ahri
Alistar
Amumu
Anivia
Annie
Ashe
Blitz
Brand
Cass
Cho
Darius
Diana
Elise
Fidd
Fizz
Galio
Garen
Gragas
Hec
Irelia
Janna
Jarvan
Jax
Jayce
Kass
Ken
LB
Lee
Leona
Lulu
Malph
Malz
Morg
Nami
Naut
Noc
Ori
Panth
Poppy
Ram
Ren
Riven
Sej
Shaco
Shen
Shyv
Singed
Sion
Skar
Sona
Soraka
Syndra
Talon
Taric
Trist
TF
Udyr
Urgot
Vayne
Vieg
Vi
Viktor
Voli
WW
Wukong
Xerath
Xin
Ziggs
Zyra

You're telling me... that out of all of those champions you don't have at least one... if not two, of them on your team for team fights or jungling?
For the final time, why should i have to pull them from their lane and get their help to gank a yi anytime i need to kill yi? Hes a JUNGLER. TANKS need to be ganked, junglers should not require a gank to kill thats just ridiculous.

DarksideEric

12-29-2012

Quote:
For the final time, why should i have to pull them from their lane and get their help to gank a yi anytime i need to kill yi? Hes a JUNGLER. TANKS need to be ganked, junglers should not require a gank to kill thats just ridiculous.
Oooooh let's go down that list again, of just the junglers or the people that can jungle, huh?

Ali
Amumu
Cho
Darius
Diana
Elise
Fidd
Fizz
Hec

Irelia
Jarvan
Jax
Jayce
Lee

Malph
Naut
Noc
Panth
Ram
Riven
Sej
Shaco
Shen
Shyv
Sion
Skar
Udyr

Voli
WW
Wukong
Xin

And hell, I'll even bold who isn't a tank for you.

You were saying?

None of the people listed have to get ganks from other lanes to stop Yi with CC. Not a single one. Many of them also do not require outside help to kill Yi.

ForTehAnarchy

12-29-2012

Quote:
Wards make his speed useless because you can see him coming, not looking for him going.

Thats exactly the point considering by the time hes there hes gone, unless hes standing there. Name a champ that can outrun yi.

Lemme ponder a little riddle for you. When Yi becomes tanky... what exactly can he do? I mean, he's obviously running around still doing damage like Singed is... right? Oh... wait, he's not? Maybe he's taunting the entire enemy team, like Gali... no, no not that either. Oh, I know, he's CCing other people... no, that's not it either. Yi is given tankiness during Meditate because he's not a tank, but his damage is reduced to a big whopping 0 when he's a tank. Name one other tank that does zero damage while they are being tanky. Name one.

Yet again my point has flown far over your head. In a team fight yi is patiently waiting for his team to mop up anyone dumb enough to take the bait and focus on him, even if his team all dies he comes out with full health and each of his abilities ready to go to finish off any survivors.

And love that last one that's actually in the quote.

I mean... yeah, let's just forget that Yi is even in the game and only go for the ADC or Support. Doesn't matter what the map positioning is, player presence, champions used, etc, etc. I mean yeah, let's just not focus Yi at all actually, that 0/1/0 with 30 CS Ashe is far more important when Yi comes to gank bot. Sona should absolutely focus all her attention on Ashe instead of the Yi that is more dangerous.

Yes, because its smart to just leave sonna, sorraka, morganna, kayle, etc out, not like their ults or abilities could heal the other teams carries that are dealing out damage hand over fist, or stun our team right? naw. Why would you go for the champs dishing out stuns and damage when you could all focus on the yi whose standing there inbetween them doing nothing?

If you think targeting the ADC/Support is the only way to go, you're doing it wrong .
No, if your ignoring the people dealing out the most damage and CC to focus on an enemy that just standing there your doing it wrong. Thats called bait, and only hotheaded noobs take the bait before getting stunned, knocked up, then killed

DarksideEric

12-29-2012

Quote:
No, if your ignoring the people dealing out the most damage and CC to focus on an enemy that just standing there your doing it wrong. Thats called bait, and only hotheaded noobs take the bait before getting stunned, knocked up, then killed
Are you using Jax's "Counter Strike?"

Because I see a lot of point dodging from you.

ForTehAnarchy

12-29-2012

ok, to all you people making arguments here i still have yet to see a single post with a champion that has a passive ability that renders anyone without a stun or knockup incapable of killing them while at the same time fully restoring their hp regaurdless of how much damage is being done to them. (not to mention this basic ability can be instantly refreshed).

Also, stop with all this CC will stop him, any champ with CC can stop him ****, that proves that in single fights Meditate is not as OP, but in team fights why should you have to waste your teams CC on yi? What about the other teams tank? The other teams carries? You have to ignore them to focus on the jungler? Yeah that will end well... In all honesty if you have a stun slow or knock up your going to use it on whoever is dealing the most damage at the time, not someone whose just standing there, anyone who says otherwise is either a fool or a liar. CC dont do you much good if your team is all dead

ForTehAnarchy

12-29-2012

Quote:
Are you using Jax's "Counter Strike?"

Because I see a lot of point dodging from you.
Is there a point to this post aside from point dodging? Because if there is i cant see it...

Also your assumption that the other teams carries are underfed isnt a very realistic way of looking at things. If you are playing PvP with randoms odds are you will be about evenly matched with them skill wise

DarksideEric

12-29-2012

Quote:
ok, to all you people making arguments here i still have yet to see a single post with a champion that has a passive ability that renders anyone without a stun or knockup incapable of killing them while at the same time fully restoring their hp regaurdless of how much damage is being done to them. (not to mention this basic ability can be instantly refreshed).
While you're at it guys, try to find me another Champ, one single solitary Champ that can summon a giant bear! You can't! Ha! It's almost like different Champions have different abilities with different balances! I know, right?!

Quote:
Also, stop with all this CC will stop him, any champ with CC can stop him ****, that proves that in single fights Meditate is not as OP, but in team fights why should you have to waste your teams CC on yi? What about the other teams tank? The other teams carries? You have to ignore them to focus on the jungler? Yeah that will end well... In all honesty if you have a stun slow or knock up your going to use it on whoever is dealing the most damage at the time, not someone whose just standing there, anyone who says otherwise is either a fool or a liar. CC dont do you much good if your team is all dead
Hey look, there's that dodging again.

12345678 ... 13