Yi's Meditate Needs to be fixed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surv´vor View Post
If the way things keep going, he might be viable in certain team comps. I have noticed that teams aren't running as nearly as much cc as they use to. 0 cc and Yi is god by all means of the term. I did wish Yi was viable in higher ELOs.
In higher ELO's you don't need tons of CC. Their organized and don't have to worry about their few CC sources being wasteful noobs. This greatly increases one's workable options in champion select. At the end of the day, AP yi still can't do anything mindblowing. Pubstomping doesn't make you viable.

Survïvor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
In higher ELO's you don't need tons of CC. Their organized and don't have to worry about their few CC sources being wasteful noobs. This greatly increases one's workable options in champion select. At the end of the day, AP yi still can't do anything mindblowing. Pubstomping doesn't make you viable.
I wasnt referring to the "start a smurf and roll with Yi on nubs at level one and get a 35/0/0 kda because I need to make myself feel good" I was just meaning that any Melee ADC's arent viable in anyway at high elo.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
Firstly i never reffered to turret diving as being "hard", either read my posts before posting, or dont, but if you dont then dont try putting words in my mouth. Turret diving EARLY in the game is supposed to come with CALCULATED RISKS. As in you must decide if your Pre level 6 is it worth risking a death for the kill(s), can i possibly escape with my summoner spells, etc then you decide based on that if you want to risk it.

Later in the games turrets are more protectors for the nexus than for their champs, but pre level 6 turrets protect champs while their partners base, or the other team tries to push through. Early game you dont turret dive unless your summoner spells are up and you know you can either flash out, or the kill(s) you get will be worth the death. How can you tell this is the case? Where do you run when you need to base? The turret, where do you stay when your partners at base? The turret. Early game you rely heavily on turrets to protect you while you base, or back you up while your partner is back at base. The later in the game it is the less and less you can rely on turrets to protect you, but games are decided early on. Those first few kills will dictate who will be fed and ganking later in the game, and who will be stuck back farming (TYPICALLY the case, but not always)

No other champ can survive an early Turret dive without using summoner spells, even mid game most champs especially carries still need to ult, or use a summoner spell to get out of a turret dive alive. Also, when do the most crucial turret dives happen? Early. The first few kills of the game can very easily snowball into a champ being overly fed, and a carry that can get fed early is a key ingredient in getting wins. And i have seen similar things, but only from other champs ults, like Kayles ult, or trynd, but neither are truly comparable because Meditate is a basic ability with the potential to be instantly refreshed while ults are not.
Ok I'll say it another way to satisfy your contextual needs.

Yi sees a noob

noob is weak.

Calculating risk... risk is zero because noob doesn't know what to do here

conclusion... kill noob and profit.

If yi has the ap to dive you and get away with it you didnt come to the point where he could suddenly. You've got time to respond if youre paying attention at all. If you aren't then you stfu and get dunked.

Quote:
Later in the games turrets are more protectors for the nexus than for their champs, but pre level 6 turrets protect champs while their partners base, or the other team tries to push through. Early game you dont turret dive unless your summoner spells are up and you know you can either flash out, or the kill(s) you get will be worth the death. How can you tell this is the case? Where do you run when you need to base? The turret, where do you stay when your partners at base? The turret. Early game you rely heavily on turrets to protect you while you base, or back you up while your partner is back at base. The later in the game it is the less and less you can rely on turrets to protect you, but games are decided early on. Those first few kills will dictate who will be fed and ganking later in the game, and who will be stuck back farming (TYPICALLY the case, but not always)
You don't understand why AP yi is allowed to dunk you under a turret but you still keep running back to your own observations and conclusions as though they were authoritative.

Quote:
No other champ can survive an early Turret dive without using summoner spells, even mid game most champs especially carries still need to ult, or use a summoner spell to get out of a turret dive alive.
Champs that can dunk noobs early without ulting or using summoner spells
fiora
yi
tryndamere
pantheon
leona
irelia
zed
yorick
vi
urgot
nasus
gragas
singed
ashe
cait
nidalee
udyr
hecarim
shaco
leblanc
fizz
kayle
volibear
ziggs
TF

there are a bunch more but I'm not listing all that. The point is that the list is long. AP Yi just happens to have a funny trick to help him. Some champs have unusual abilities you see

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-30-2012

Quote:
I wasnt referring to the "start a smurf and roll with Yi on nubs at level one and get a 35/0/0 kda because I need to make myself feel good" I was just meaning that any Melee ADC's arent viable in anyway at high elo.
???

Whatever the context, yi still isn't viable whether AP or AD. Hear he has a good jungle clear time though.

Survïvor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
???

Whatever the context, yi still isn't viable whether AP or AD. Hear he has a good jungle clear time though.
Sorry I probably got confused on what you meant, and Yi will never be viable with his current kit.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-30-2012

Quote:
Sorry I probably got confused on what you meant, and Yi will never be viable with his current kit.
He could be probably. Probably all they'd have to do is give him a more interesting passive

DarksideEric

12-31-2012

The amount of dumb'd in this thread is impressive.

catalyst1c

12-31-2012

Trolololol