10 straight ARAM wins! Teamwork > Bad team comps :P

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CowMeat

12-28-2012

Huzzah!

CowMeat

12-28-2012

I actually think in ARAM team work trumps individual skill. In SR I often feel like one skilled player wins it for a team.

If anyone wants to ask questions I'll give my opinions!

Zielmann

12-28-2012

I've had a full 10-match history loaded with ARAM wins, too, but probably never all from the same day. It is a good feeling to get to look through your history and see all that green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMeat View Post
I actually think in ARAM team work trumps individual skill. In SR I often feel like one skilled player wins it for a team.
You're spot-on with your first statement. Teamwork can often prove to be a bigger factor than team comps in ARAM. I've played plenty of ARAMs with a group of friends (partial or full team), and we've definitely pulled out some wins with inferior team comps due to us being a coordinated group playing against a group of random people with no communication and who don't know how each other like to play.

But I have to disagree that a single skilled player can win matches on SR, and that teamwork isn't as important. I've played many a game with my friends against teams where we struggle in all the lanes, but once we get to a lot of teamfighting, we just had more coordination than the other team, and we ended up winning when we probably shouldn't have.

Beravin

12-28-2012

Nice work. The same as Zielmann, I've got a group that does this pretty often as well, simply because we are decent players, know what and when to build, how to engage and all that other good stuff. We work well as a team.

But do remember one thing - the lack of a fair matchmaker means we will have many lopsided games. I've bulldozed through teams of "god tier" champions simply because we have more experience than our opponents.

DarkSniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
I've bulldozed through teams of "god tier" champions simply because we have more experience than our opponents.
Srsly though, teamwork is important in a team game. I mean... wait what am I saying!

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

You've had amazing champions for those games, no wonder. Well, except maybe Rengar.

Kanashimu

12-29-2012

I actually find solo carrying teams in ARAM far easier than in SR norms or ranked. You can practically constantly keep your team fairly safe with good leadership, and most players won't feed horribly even if they are sub par. Even if they do, the penalty isn't that big in ARAM.

Sticky Icky Goo

12-29-2012

I don't think you'll be able to pull off a win even if you're very well coordinated if you're all just using melee champions, who doesn't really have a dash/jump/flash to close gaps, or support/tanky champions that just doesn't deal a whole lot of damage.

Camen Sieder

12-29-2012

the game always goes to the team with better skilled players. It would be equal with team comps, but not everybody is highly skilled with all of the champs they own...