hi, im thorrbo! I'm S2 plat and I stream to help my dad afford his post-cancer meds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rynhardt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
Tell me how getting a job is easy then, I would like your input to the parts your bolded.
Do you have a pulse? I live in Michigan bro and it took me a few days to get a job.

FireZ42

01-27-2013

Lol I knew this was full of **** when I first saw this within hours of the thread being made. Saw a bunch of fools just eat up yet another sob story. But the thing is, how come it always works? The people with legit problems aren't coming on video game forums to ask the gamers for donations.

Quision

01-27-2013

Quote:
I never meant to imply it was impossible, just that getting a job isn't a walk in the park. It takes quite a while to find a job. My first job took me probably 2-3 months as well and I hated it for the year and a half I worked there.

It doesn't excuse him, if what he says is true and that his disability restricts his ability to get a job, but it does remind people that getting a job is not easy and never has been and when you include his disability it can make it a hell of a lot harder.

If this all turns out to be true and he is a scammer, it will hurt the community alot and make future attempts to raise money for people with actual disabilities very shady looking. However, in the end, it can also turn out that Thorrbo is telling the truth and can damage the community even more [people more likely to ask for donation and people not questioning them due to now wanting to be embarrassed].

Either way, this whole argument is bad and won't get any better.
Tell me lion, what does thorrbo's semen taste like?

StationaryObject

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynhardt View Post
Do you have a pulse? I live in Michigan bro and it took me a few days to get a job.
I do indeed have a pulse.
I'm quite glad it only took you a few days. I wish I live where you live.
However different places have different job availability. Not to mention some people apply for certain jobs and those certain jobs might not have any openings.
It took me 3 months because I refused to apply to fast food places like McDonalds, Burger King, ect.

TsKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
I never meant to imply it was impossible, just that getting a job isn't a walk in the park. It takes quite a while to find a job. My first job took me probably 2-3 months as well and I hated it for the year and a half I worked there.

It doesn't excuse him, if what he says is true and that his disability restricts his ability to get a job, but it does remind people that getting a job is not easy and never has been and when you include his disability it can make it a hell of a lot harder.

If this all turns out to be true and he is a scammer, it will hurt the community alot and make future attempts to raise money for people with actual disabilities very shady looking. However, in the end, it can also turn out that Thorrbo is telling the truth and can damage the community even more [people more likely to ask for donation and people not questioning them due to now wanting to be embarrassed].

Either way, this whole argument is bad and won't get any better.
He can easily prove us all wrong. We all believed him in the first place didn't we? You know why we believed him? Because he didn't do shady stuff like drinking alcohol and having 10 hour marathons with epilepsy as his condition.

At first we thought oh he seems nice and he needed help so let's donate!

After he took our kindness for granted we start to DOUBT him because
1. he drinks alcohol even though he has epilepsy.
2. he posted a fake picture of his father's injured leg WHICH apparently NEVER EVER EVER EVER changes.
3. he has not provided PROOF of what he does with his DONATIONS. if he ACTUALLY uses it to cure and save his father and PAY for housing then how about he show us a ACTUAL receipt of ALL The donations he used to pay this off?
4. i don't think people actually think its fun to watch him take shots. They were infact just testing whether he was bsing or not by asking him to take shots for money. and u know how that went
5. For years he never once had a episode of epilepsy on stream. STRANGE?

If he was speaking the truth he should quickly address this situation with REAL evidence. Ignoring this situation will only scale it and make it worst for himself.

Show us evidence of the receipts used to pay for your father's medication and housing and food. Show us actual evidence of his father's medical condition with RECENT hospital papers that has MEDICAL dates on them.

i don't mean to hate on this guy but with this much shadyness and doubt its hard NOT to question his motives.

Rynhardt

01-27-2013

Quote:
I do indeed have a pulse.
I'm quite glad it only took you a few days. I wish I live where you live.
However different places have different job availability. Not to mention some people apply for certain jobs and those certain jobs might not have any openings.
It took me 3 months because I refused to apply to fast food places like McDonalds, Burger King, ect.
You refuse to apply to places when you NEED a job? Then there's no one to blame but you.

DaJuggerHobbit

01-27-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3052338&page=4

Dis guy is a fake, but Morbo is for realz. Gives me da moneyz for my dadz brain slug medz pls k thnx.

Grillor

01-27-2013

hes a con artist plain and simple, you are naive if you give this clown your moneys

A Metapod

01-27-2013

Almsot 900 downvotes geeze

StationaryObject

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsKen View Post
He can easily prove us all wrong. We all believed him in the first place didn't we? You know why we believed him? Because he didn't do shady stuff like drinking alcohol and having 10 hour marathons with epilepsy as his condition.
At first we thought oh he seems nice and he needed help so let's donate!
After he took our kindness for granted we start to DOUBT him because
1. he drinks alcohol even though he has epilepsy.
2. he posted a fake picture of his father's injured leg WHICH apparently NEVER EVER EVER EVER changes.
3. he has not provided PROOF of what he does with his DONATIONS. if he ACTUALLY uses it to cure and save his father and PAY for housing then how about he show us a ACTUAL receipt of ALL The donations he used to pay this off?
4. i don't think people actually think its fun to watch him take shots. They were infact just testing whether he was bsing or not by asking him to take shots for money. and u know how that went
5. For years he never once had a episode of epilepsy on stream. STRANGE?
If he was speaking the truth he should quickly address this situation with REAL evidence. Ignoring this situation will only scale it and make it worst for himself.
Show us evidence of the receipts used to pay for your father's medication and housing and food. Show us actual evidence of his father's medical condition with RECENT hospital papers that has MEDICAL dates on them.
i don't mean to hate on this guy but with this much shadyness and doubt its hard NOT to question his motives.
I completely agree, there is alot of simple things he can do to prove once and for all that he is telling the truth, and it hurts his case to not show these things we ask for.
3 & 5 are incredibly shady. Three can be easily answered with some receipts to medicine and such. 5 is another topic if we believe that he can feel the seizures coming on and has time to shut the stream off.

I have nothing against anyone for thinking about the situation and questioning it. It's what people should do in these situation. I did and I ended up not donating or watching the stream because I didn't feel it was worth it.

I only play devil's advocate in this because people are taking the Reddit thread like it's word from God and that there is nothing in it that should be questioned.