hi, im thorrbo! I'm S2 plat and I stream to help my dad afford his post-cancer meds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blakev

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

get a job

Biracialmage

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimstopper View Post
I have a question to which i guess you CANNOT just pass off with an answer then.

There is no public transportation for him, he cannot drive, and its too far for him to bike anywhere. And he lives in the middle of nowhere.

How in the blue hell does he buy his alchohol? I highly doubt that his aunt, mother or bf as you say he lives with would go "ok, ill drive you to get a bottle of whiskey" but WOULD NOT volunteer to drive him to a job if he were to get one so he could support his father?

Your loopholes in the story make 0 sense. And if his "real life friends" would drive him to get it, why not be good friends and offer a disabled friend in need a ride to a job that he could get...

Answer me that sir. Oh wait, you wont be able to because it makes sense...

Still waiting on a response from his friends and their logic... Prove me wrong sirs
This a hundred times over. I call bs on family not being willing to give another family member a ride to work. I'm not disabled, driving just gives me huge anxiety problems, so I choose not to. I had two friends help me with transportation to and from work(one to work, other brought me home. 20 mins each way.) Oh, and I worked third shift. Yeah if a couple friends would go out of their way at 10:30pm and 5:30am to pick a friend up for/from work because he would MUCH rather not drive, then I'm positive a family member would help their own out if they legally couldn't drive.

Nosef

01-26-2013

I actually haven't seen any proof that he is scamming... people make points about getting out and finding a real job, etc, which is fine, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't use his stream to supplement the income the rest of his family earns. If he spends some of the money on himself that's his prerogative in my opinion, unless he said at some point that all the "donations" go to rent and medicine.

On a side note, even if you (thorrbo) can't get a driving license, why can't your dad or one of your other family members drive you to a job? If you are really giving them all the money you make, I think they'd be willing to help you make more money... edit/// lol ninja'd

iMRts

01-26-2013

this thread = scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigqt View Post
pls stop rolling in money and find a real job l8r.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Macaroni View Post
I hate this guy, scammer, troll, and downvoted
Quote:
Originally Posted by princebelair View Post
Dont do it. THis guy is a liar and a scam, do NOT Donate money to him! He's just gonna spend it on booze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbot2013 View Post
I agree he is abusing the internet he should be banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotachampione View Post
Just re-read your website. You drink whiskey for a $10 donation? Meanwhile your dad is disabled out of work, unable to pay the bills? This kid is just one big scam, this whole thread is a joke. Anyone that donates to this twisted scam is paying for this kid to most likely buy alcohol, snacks, a bag of weed, clothes, I dont know. "Oh have pity on me i have epilepsy". Cry me a river, or better yet go take a shot of your expensive $40 whiskey. Freakin pathetic man... Please respond to me I want to hear what you have to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lLuvPONIES View Post
Just saying, anyone can make a fake website and a fake facebook and do this asking for free money.
I don't see a difference between this and panhandling.
Quote:
Sounds like you should get an actual job....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedwise View Post
You have the old legendary skin for Tristana, and you had it before the sale. Try saving your money instead of asking for charity. You're no different than those guys outside the grocery store begging for change: your own dumb decisions put you in the predicament you're lying about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkylinks View Post
So let me get this straight, instead of actually helping your dad by getting a job, you play video games for your own selfish reasons hours on end and deliberately lie saying its for a good cause; wow your a bad person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillmaster19 View Post
>claims to be in serious financial trouble
>owns a huge collection of skins that probably cost thousands

I'm calling bs sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
Wrong. Also if he does make as little from streaming as claimed there's a lot of ways he could make more money. Frankly even if everything he says is true it's a smack in the face to hard working people that suffer from serious disabilities.
Quote:
Isn't there a rule against bumping a thread with nonsense every 15 seconds?
Quote:
Based on what he described he should be able to get a job in ANY state even if it's working from home, you're trying to tell me he can put out 10-15 hours playing a complex computer game but can't make money working from home? Okay, right, have fun giving him your money. Pretty sure the 15 second spam bumps are against the rules though. They want that much attention, they got it.Sorry my logic got in the way of your unfounded sympathy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedwise View Post
exactly, even the forum mods see through his bull****.

stop saying you can afford liquor. nobody wants to pay to see a fat, dirty kid drink. seriously. you have like, 4 viewers at any one time and all your friends are just as worthless and unemployed as you. you're a homeless person panhandling on the internet.

stop buying liquor and begging for money at the same time, thanks.
Quote:
Imagine what he could lean to be proficient at in 70+ hrs a week, and with the internet, can't get a job with 70+ hrs to learn and work at something? Preying off sympathy, absolutely disgusting.
Quote:
There's global jobs that hire anyone and pay based on performance so sorry, it's not about believing him, it's about even if we do he's still bumming it up instead of working for money so he can justify sitting at a computer game 15 hrs a day.

As for our opinions, he has his thread being bumped every 15 seconds he's gonna get people posting on it sorry. Anyways you express how you feel I'll do the same, to me it's still a smack in the face to hard working disabled people, and the fact that hes trying to drum up sympathy when he's not even doing all he an for his father cause he'd rather play LoL. Just because he has medical issues doesn't make him a good guy sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskyraider View Post
1. Epileptic playing videogames for 15 hours a day? Yeah, ok...

2. If you're really serious about earning money why not get a job? You're not actually "doing everything you can for your family" if you're playing LoL 15 hours a day.
Quote:
A fair request but before I sit here spending my free time doing that for no reason tell me how many times he's asked for any advice on where he can get a job, how many of those 1-5 hours in that 10-15 he spends on a job search, or searching other help websites for people in similar situations so fans can help him out and give him advice, how many times he's said hey man I don't mind hard work so if anyone can help out with my job search even though I would barely have time for games anymore that'd be great. Frankly I've seen nothing like that in this thread only "I can't". So honest answers cause frankly I'm not sure why I should when he has 15 hrs a day to do it unless he's actually actively tried and is trying, otherwise it's something he easily has time to do himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobxslayer View Post
i think getting a job would be a more efficient way of making money...but w/e suits you :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxpq15 View Post
People with epilepsy can and do work. There's plenty of jobs they can do.

My brother has autism and even he works--- granted, simple jobs, but still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP MÔster Yi View Post
you are such a ****ing lazy idiot....using your illness as an excuse to not work....if people with downs etc can work you can.

F sake, you can be a greeter at walmart - they cant deny you for being epileptic..... so you are full of **** and just using your situation to ***** viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusDiedLOL View Post
Scambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayzun View Post
I'm epileptic as well. I live alone with my unemployed brother who has a disability. I have close to as many seizures as you, maybe 1 less a month. I have a full time job that doesn't require transportation.

You're lazy and ignorant, and your dad is probably embarrassed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungswoopuh View Post
how could you play 10-15 hrs w/out getting a seizure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
As long as its working out for you, I dont really care how well youre dealing with your financial issues... none of my business, none of others business really.... however I would like to say that Im pretty sure there are better ways to make money, even for an epileptic...

If being epileptic was such a big handicap to the extent that you cant work, shouldnt you be able to get some kind of help from the government just like your dad does?

People can take their stream very seriously, and consider that their jobs, but you are NOT actually working, you are merely playing. There are many things that you could do other than playing 15 hours a day to aim for a better future. Im sure if you really tried you would be able to come up with something less pitiful, cause right now I feel like youre fine with just getting pity money.

All of this may sound a bit harsh, but I think its appropiate as constructive criticism for your particular case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskyraider View Post
I don't give to charity unless the charity has been vetted.

You can actually research charities before donating to them, and if you go to ANY charity's website I guarantee you you'll see a lot of evidence of the good that they're doing.

This. I mean, he's free to do whatever he wants. I just think it's silly that THIS is the way he chose to "raise money" for his dad. He's not raising that much money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionnnk View Post
if you know theyre coming hours before you hit, if you had a job, wouldnt you be able to tell your boss you might need to take a break and im sure any understand boss would allow you time off.

also, youre not funny, and you werent smiling at all yesterday, you just sat there complaining about how hard your life is and staring at t he camera trying to gain sympathy. youre a ****ing joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummin View Post
Wasn't there another guys with another name with this same story? And you watch his stream hes only drinking red bull and insults his viewers? Seems almost identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthemanimal View Post
Prove to me that you dad has cancer and I will watch your stream. I smell lies and fraud in the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustful View Post
This guy is a class A; SCAMMER. He's a complete fraud, and he's basically leeching your money off. PLEASE don't waste your money on this pathetic scumbag. His sob story about his dad is completely fake. He made me donate, and after getting to know him, he admitted that his dad has already died. He also stated that he's hated his dad for a very long time, and he's taking advantage of his death for money. With the money he gets he buys beer/whiskey, and if you don't believe me, you can see him drinking whiskey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMEGATRON View Post
playing games while you have money problems? get a job!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBobbers View Post
Youd probably make more money getting a job rather than playing a game and expecting to turn it into work.

EDIT: Nevermind, this guys an attention seeking troll. Same 3 people posting in the thread, bumping it all the time expecting attention. Dont give the leeches the satisfaction people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkatemoss View Post
why don't you get a job instead of trying to raise money streaming rofl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra Wadman View Post
His previous thread had been closed before and it will be again.

He spends hours playing league instead of job searching.

But most importantly, he clearly said to me on the microphone that he buys 40 dollar bottles of liquor for 'fundraising'. THAT is NEVER a necessity. He got very defensive when I asked "Liquor?" when I entered the chat room.

Being prone to seizures means little, I know two people who have to take their medication daily but they still go to work, exercise, etc.

The fact that he commits an entire day to sitting and gaming versus an hour or so to apply to jobs says something. I've been job hunting for three years now in a small 'city' living off of income assistance. Surely he can commit time to actually go out and apply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchTooHandle View Post
10-15 hrs of work would not only be better for soceity but also for you. you get more money that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best LeeSinga NA View Post
stop bumping this with random ****

and stop making 10 ****ing smurfs, go do something with your life
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRidaz View Post
I just played with Thorrbo,

Please dont give money to this guy, he is a troll in the game, a rager and super bad manner.

... I had a terrible experience with him and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't need that money in real life for his father .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbungala View Post
youre epileptic but play league..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieDog3683 View Post
WOW people fall for this kids lies? YOU KNOW WHAT HES MAKIN MONEY OFF ALL U SUCKERS WOW CAN I HAVE FREE MONEY TOO? Anybody with cancer has insurance btw
Quote:
UR DADS EXSPENSES AINT NOTHING TRY 5K A MONTH in meds THATS WHAT MY PARENTS HAVE TO DO!! UR JUST LIKE A BUM WITH A SIGN
Quote:
yeah i can make a fake blog and backstory myself lmfao wow people are easily fooled
Quote:
FYI GET A JOB!!!!!!!!!!! or go to college quit playing games all day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draktok View Post
Not all jobs require him to be in harms way during a seizure, nor do all jobs require him to leave the home

also drinking if you have epilepsy is actually incredibly incredibly dangerous. Research it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8151825AA9jfMV here u go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straged View Post
Trolls and drinnking is like driknig and driving, you shouldn't mix them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplyo View Post
I find it odd how everytime I check his stream out he is playing a champ.... with a skin........ is it just me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorme View Post
GET A JOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterlovesSam View Post
How would streaming help him? I cant imigine you getting money from having people watch you tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifu Kang View Post
im kind of tired of this post, i hope someone ban this post already its taking up space. i believe its a honorable place your coming for but this is not the forum for you to post job aplilications
Quote:
Is there a reason you need to bump your thread every couple minutes? I'm pretty sure Riot has said multiple times that's not ok. Also
GET A JOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotachampione View Post
Wtf? No offense, but if you were really serious about helping your dad there are many other ways you could be making more money than streaming LoL. Yes, I read that you have seizures. After reading your site it seems like you're making yourself out to be some kind of hero, but if your situation was really that bad you wouldn't be streaming LoL for money.
Quote:
Seriously... Why hasnt a mod closed this topic yet...
Countless spam bumps by op, or his like 3 friends... Is saying up, or bump or anything really make it not count as pointless spam?

And seriously dude, get a real job. I dont believe your sap story, and even if it is true, im sure you could find a real job. If you were in that bad of a situation, you would cancel your internet and everything to save as much as possible. All these extra expenses and sitting at your computer 15 hours a day completely counter your 'im so poor' points.
Seriously, get a job. Im sure the local mcdonalds is hiring
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRidaz View Post
----------- dont give any donation to this scammer, i sent a email to riot to close this thread.
Quote:
Because youre parading around your families situation like you need the money bad. You dont need the money bad, and your whole ploy is a big scam. If your family actually was on the streets you wouldnt be streaming a video game, you would be out there working.
Quote:
Trying to help your family is good and all but they way you parade yourself around like you're some kind of martyr makes me sick. It sounds to me, with what you just posted, that your family isn't in as dire a situation as your website makes it out to be.

In that case, you should delete all that sympathy-grabbing bullcrap, and just be honest. Just write that you're a high ELO LoL streamer, stop trying to get sympathy donations. It's clear that you dont really need money that bad.

What youre doing right now is a scam.
Quote:
And I'm pretty sure what you're doing is illegal. If someone were to hire a PI and investigate where their donated money actually went, if they found you weren't actually putting the money into your fathers meds you could get charged for some serious offenses. I hope you can live with that guilt, knowing your just stealing peoples money. Who am I kidding, I bet you sleep just fine at night.
Quote:
I think his whole story was a plot to make phree money to buy more rp for skins IMO
Quote:
scum bag thorrbo here, cant afford housing and pain meds but can afford sugar drinks ,samiches and alcohol dont forget bout te skins he uses his "donations" for I bet he doesnt even have a cat what a joke
Quote:
another person claiming to have epalepsay yea what a lie like resless leg syndrom
Quote:
psy he cant afford meds for his dad only energy drinks sammiches alcohol and skins for his league girlfriend tristana
Quote:
Can RIot close this scam of a thread already.

This basterd is making smuf accounts to downvote any comment that exposes this fraud... Seeing this garbage on the front page of GD makes me sick.
Quote:
You might not be a smurf, but you sure are an idiot if you believe in this Thorrbo guy. One day when you grow up a little you'll see that this whole thing is a scam. Whatever, as long as people like you exist, Thorrbo will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Sad that Riot doesnt take action against this frankly illegal scam.
Quote:
riot needs to close this thread it encourages me to be inhumane to this neanderthal
Quote:
Any guy who takes shots of whiskey for $10 donations playing a video game while his dad is wasting away dying without medication does not deserve any sympathy.

He's parading around both his and his fathers condition to gather sympathy, when in reality his situation can't be that bad. If he REALLY needed the money, he would be working a job, not streaming with 12 viewers.
Quote:
In addition, this guy has 3 smurfs downvoting the real comments and upvoting the fake ones. You can tell because it's always -3 or +3. When its +2 its from when I downvoted.

'SilentFox' 'GiantEvilKitty'

nice try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florrie View Post
more like scambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manberg View Post
one thousand alternate accounts later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseProofBacon View Post
No offense, but I don't think having 13 viewers a day is going to give you any money at all. You'd make more money walking along the street looking for change on the ground.
Quote:
your last bump was literally one minute ago
this is spamming at this point
Quote:
pretty much hes a god damn liberal ****** begging for money so he can buy skins and ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrikon View Post
yeah... I knew this thread was a bit iffy from the day I saw it.

Why would you play lol for 10-15 hours when you could just work, get probably x10 the money in a day and probably pay for whatever these meds are by working 2 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybroxis View Post
Yeah, but if you could go get a job instead of playing a game with constantly flashing lights and sounds (cough epilectic cough), I would think you could earn the same or more money (and more consistently :/)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extoll View Post
I had a family member at the age of 23 pass away with 3 kids and a job...that pretty much had the same thing you do. Not trying to hate. You could find a job that you be able to do...also in oct I found out I have cancer. But you don't see me posting it in my stream trying to get money. Like I said not trying to be mean here. Little time of google you can find tons of places that would help out your family. Seems like you are really just trying to get money playing a game and telling a sad(and true I hope) story to help out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvt pajamas View Post
I'm not saying I do not believe the things are you saying. I am simply going to ask you, why not try and get an online job? If you have time to stream 15 hours a day, then you have times to sit in that chair and do work online. There are trusted online companies that are in need of help. You could also consider trying to get a job as one of those people who sells things over the phone perhaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonpuppies View Post
There are so many better things you could be doing to get money more efficiently. If your seizures are stress induced then I can't imagine league of legends can't stress you out when you're streaming 15 HOURS a day.

Make a ChipIn or a website to support your father. Stop playing video games all day and pretending to be a hero. I can't believe you're trying to get money this way. You could probably make 10x as much pan-handling in the streets or getting a job coding, doing photoshop projects, or ANYTHING creative.

It's just disheartening to seeing you spend SO MUCH TIME doing this, and asserting you're helping your father when this is the lowest thing in terms of effectiveness I can imagine to help him out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey Marco View Post
says he plays arams when he gets 30 viewers. then says he isn't going to play arams unless some one donates. how is this thread not closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayceratops View Post
This isn't true at all. There are a ton of jobs out there right now that offer work from home opportunities. Why? Because businesses are realizing that it cuts costs (dedicated office space/electricity/etc), improves productivity (responsible individuals realize the privilege and work harder to maintain it), and better employee morale (you get to work from home, its awesome). I'm sorry but YOU are the one who doesn't understand. Even call centers these days have a large portion of work from home agents with pay ranges anywhere from $8/hr-$25/hr. It really isn't as difficult as you claim it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleSplasher View Post
anyone who feels bad for you and tries to help is pretty stupid. You are allegedly relying on a community of gamers to help your dad survive cancer. Like everyone in this community doesn't have someone in their life affected by cancer that they care about more than your dad? What a stupid pointless thread.
Quote:
You aren't required to disclose this information to a company. Go through the motions, get the job, and they can't legally let you go because they find out about your medical condition later. You're protected. You can try and argue it however you want but the fact is this country protects individuals like him very well. One of my coworkers has fibromialgia and they miss all kinds of work, of course our boss can't stand it but there is nothing he can do about it because they are legally protected. Ignorance/laziness are not an excuse, get educated and do something instead of come to the forums and whine about your circumstance.

I don't mind this guy asking for donations and all of that, people can support him if they choose, more power to him for finding a way to support his family. I just don't really enjoy the sympathy card. Gather support by other means.
Quote:
You misunderstand...I don't hate. I understand your situation, I just feel you milk it a bit too hard for donations, that is all. I think you could gather support through other means than trying to rely on your medical/living situation. Honestly there are very few people who are open or want to hear all of that drama in your life. People don't come to the stream for that, it should be side note you talk about if asked, not the main selling point of your stream. I just want you to realize (there is plenty of proof in this thread) that it is a pretty big turn off. Use your personality and other means to gain viewership, if that makes sense.

Those facts should be a side note...he should be the main attraction of the stream, his play, content, and personality. Not his medical/living situation. I think his current model is a bad one and he could be doing much better by going in a different direction with it than the current sympathy play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatrosspro View Post
I appreciate what you're doing but, in the spirit of candor and honesty---

I'm getting a teensy tiny bit irritated seeing this always on the front page of GD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
Wow.. Just wow..

I have known several people with various epileptic syndromes.. If that is the correct term.. I actually had a coworker I knew quite well..

Now.. You can get a job with epilepsy.. There are places that will be willing to work around your schedule, they may not be the best jobs, you aren't going to walk in and be given a nice office with a window. No, but working at Wal-Mart or Albertsons is typically better than no job. And in the financial situation that you claim your family is in.. I imagine it wouldn't hurt.

Drinking.. Is a horrible idea if you are epileptic.. You do realize this? You are much more likely to have seizures after drinking, and I would assume you are on some form of medication for your condition? Yeah.. Not supposed to mix those..

Anyways.. I'm just a random guy on the internet with no real credibility, and who's opinion probably doesn't matter and who's words will be forgotten after a few league games, but here's a fun fact.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

You can sit there and hope **** gets better, or you can take initiative and make it better. Hard work and determination always pay off, you just have to be willing to put forth the effort.

Good luck with your endeavors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e Zinc View Post
Either this whole thing is a scam or this kid is stupid. I agree with dotachampione completely. If I was in your place, I would rather spend my time looking for a real job instead of playing League every day (and not even at a professional level at that).

It's simply inconsiderate to mooch off of others: in this case, you are either looking to take advantage of your father's monthly paychecks or viewers' donations. Get a job, produce something, and rake in profits to support your family. League is fun and all, but it won't get you anywhere unless you are that 0.0001% that go pro. Judging from your streams, you are not.

Your stream relies on people having pity upon you to donate money. You don't offer anything to the community. Every time I see this thread, it makes me sad.

Even if this is real, streaming league will not compensate for any costs. You will not be able to make a profit unless you are a pro player that is sponsored by an actual company. Quoting you from your 0/3/2 panth game: "not even close baby"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lLuvPONIES View Post
dude stop bumping your thread the entire time. i hope this gets closed soon. you are annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaszfinest View Post
I'm going to report you to Twitch.tv telling them you're scamming people. Hopefully they'll IP ban you.

Internet

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwillis View Post
Threads aren't locked by a mod once they reach a certain number of downvotes, they're locked automatically based on the percentage of downvotes out of all votes I believe. That is, because this thread had a large number of upvotes initially, it'll take a larger number of downvotes for it to be auto-closed.

I think.
Your are correct.

Sikkes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

no, riot deletes threads all the time, smurves.

Swift Gambit

01-26-2013

can we delete this thread, this guy is a sham

IndigoWafflez

01-26-2013

**** you, you ****ing piece of **** my uncle has cystic fibrosis and he cant drink liquor or even get himself put of bed without help. you **** sucking son of a ***** i hope you're arrested, tried, and ****in given cystic fibrosis so you can raise a real charity. i hate you forever you *******.

personwithface

01-26-2013

haha, this guy is getting so stressed on his stream right now cause of all the people calling him fake....weird, he doesn't seem to be seizing up

Trustful

01-26-2013

He's so ugly!
Oh my god, I almost died laughing looking at his face...
I hope your dad went to hell and he's burning for eternity because he deserves it.
I also hope you die tomorrow painfully, and your mom as well.
You're trash.
You're useless.
Go die, no one likes you.