Just Started Final Fantasy 9.....AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greencarde

12-28-2012

dont be talking **** bout squal k?

JoeDerp

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Moose View Post
Are you gonna be one of those weirdos who grinds starting monsters for days just so you can summon Bahamut?
On my current playthrough, I'm grinding Chocobo Hot 'n Cold on disc 1, so I can get a Robe of Lords and a Protect Ring early on
Although, Choco is light blue, so that's already allowed me to get a titsload of awesome equipment for this point in the game.

MrHedge64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Whatever.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Progotnik View Post
He means post merger squarfe went downhill, which it did.

Name one good game since 2004.

You can't. You can name "Okay' games, and "had potential but it was blown by bad storytelling/gameplay/graphics/whatever."

KH2 was the last great game put out by the company, and I may just be saying that through rose tinted goggles.
Final Fantasy 4 DS
The World Ends with You
Dragon Quest 8

Swerto

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombifiedAngel View Post
IX is my favourite FF.
I'd recommend your final team being made up of Zidane, Steiner, Freya, and Amarant.
Get Auto-Haste and Auto-Regen on them all, and you're pretty much invincible.

I'm not sure, truth be told.
Most likely because it was just too different to the norm.
Thing is though, it was considerably better than X, XI, and XIII.
Had fun combat, wide open areas to explore, large towns with plenty of people to talk to, and a titsload of optional stuff(even if half of it revolved around the hunts).

My only problem with it, was that I found the characters a bit boring with very little development.
The storyline was interesting at times, but aside from that, it wasn't exceptional.
Better than X?

Lolwut.

The only downfall of X was some awkward voice acting at parts, but otherwise it was a very good story, and the gameplay was the best out f all the turn based final fantasies.

Lt Jimbob

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruelty View Post
the only good thats come from square enix is the tomb raider franchise. when squaresoft sold itself every FF has been garbage. Whats even more pathetic is when you start a FFX it says Square Enix only the orginal copies have Squaresoft.
i have that original copy of 10, 10 was the first one i beat and to this day is my favorite one so far

Fabulous Gem Man

12-28-2012

I always got stuck on disc 3, every damn time for one or more reasons, from the game disc not working to me getting bored.

Rabscuttles

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombifiedAngel View Post
On my current playthrough, I'm grinding Chocobo Hot 'n Cold on disc 1, so I can get a Robe of Lords and a Protect Ring early on
Although, Choco is light blue, so that's already allowed me to get a titsload of awesome equipment for this point in the game.
That'd be so slow, do you ever get the 8 items?

Renaito Yuujou

12-28-2012

Quote:
Don't forget VII, VIII, IX, and X

Chrono Trtigger is also technically a final fantasy spinoff, so it's 100% worth playing and the best game square ever put out.
Good God no. FF8 is awful. It is potentially worse than FF2, but I've never managed to make myself tolerate 2's funky level up system enough to actually beat the game. FF7 is probably the most overrated game of all time, and FF10 was the final nail in Squaresoft's coffin. Not to say FF10 was horrible, it has some good points, but it followed the steady march of mediocrity that Squaresoft had been trudging at that point for years. FF9 is good, but even then its endgame was questionable.

And while Chrono Trigger is the second best game ever made, it is most certainly not related to the Final Fantasy franchise, despite being in a collection with Final Fantasy 6.

Gespens

12-28-2012

Quote:
Better than X?

Lolwut.

The only downfall of X was some awkward voice acting at parts, but otherwise it was a very good story, and the gameplay was the best out f all the turn based final fantasies.
FFX is agreed to be one of the weaker Final Fantasy stories because it started this stupid trend of the story not being about the Player Character. It wasn't the story of Tidus, it was the story of Yuna, through the eyes of Tidus. Most of the plot elements were rather predictable, and some lines were just plain mean spirited.

"Think of it like happy festival fireworks!" -- Wakka

That being said, it is one of my favorites.