Just Started Final Fantasy 9.....AMA

12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeDerp

12-28-2012

IX is my favourite FF.
I'd recommend your final team being made up of Zidane, Steiner, Freya, and Amarant.
Get Auto-Haste and Auto-Regen on them all, and you're pretty much invincible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy64 View Post
Why does everybody hate FFXII? I've never played it; saw last thread, and everybody is hatin' on it, even though I thought it was supposed to be one of the best PS2 games ever..? O.O
I'm not sure, truth be told.
Most likely because it was just too different to the norm.
Thing is though, it was considerably better than X, XI, and XIII.
Had fun combat, wide open areas to explore, large towns with plenty of people to talk to, and a titsload of optional stuff(even if half of it revolved around the hunts).

My only problem with it, was that I found the characters a bit boring with very little development.
The storyline was interesting at times, but aside from that, it wasn't exceptional.

Narshen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsess View Post
The combat.
The story.
MOST of the characters...
Idk you pick.
Story was mediocre, agreed.

Combat was hit or miss. Didn't like it for a single-player game.

Characters were fine though, honestly. Yeah, Vaan and Penelo were fairly generic brats but the other player characters were fine and had fairly decent personalities. Bad guys weren't bland either, frankly. Vayne Solidor was a bad guy that tried to be deeper than most of the other FF villains whose personalities honestly come down to "I am going to destroy the world because I am a dick"

Is it my favorite FF? Not by a long shot (my top two are FFIX and FFX for sure). Still a decent game, though.

Criomhthann

12-28-2012

Quote:
Why does everybody hate FFXII? I've never played it; saw last thread, and everybody is hatin' on it, even though I thought it was supposed to be one of the best PS2 games ever..? O.O
The story is driven from the point of politics, there was little to no wangst, no clear main character or antagonist (which tends to happen when we encroach on the morality of the Blue and Orange variety), etc.

It wasn't a bad game or story, however it wasn't made towards the general Final Fantasy audience.

Cruelty

12-28-2012

the only good thats come from square enix is the tomb raider franchise. when squaresoft sold itself every FF has been garbage. Whats even more pathetic is when you start a FFX it says Square Enix only the orginal copies have Squaresoft.

Aishi

12-28-2012

Are you ready for a wonderful, well written, beautifully soundtracked adventure?

Cause you better be.

Lt Jimbob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisasecret View Post
is final fantasy 13 worth playing?
Final fantasy 13 had its highlight moments, but it doesn't really stick out as well as 7, 8, 9, or 10, even 12, but thats my personal opinion on it, but if you got like 20$ to spend i'd say pick it up, its got a pretty fun combat system imo

Swerto

12-28-2012

Quote:
Posting that in a Final Fantasy thread? You're not the brightest. And, Kingdom Hearts is amazing.
He means post merger squarfe went downhill, which it did.

Name one good game since 2004.

You can't. You can name "Okay' games, and "had potential but it was blown by bad storytelling/gameplay/graphics/whatever."

KH2 was the last great game put out by the company, and I may just be saying that through rose tinted goggles.

Gespens

12-28-2012

Why is kuja so lewd?

Quote:
Posting that in a Final Fantasy thread? You're not the brightest. And, Kingdom Hearts is amazing.
KH1 was. Not hte others.

Tippick

12-28-2012

Why did you wait so long to play the 2nd best FF game ever made?

Have you played the first best FF game, FF Tactics?

Aishi

12-28-2012

Double post. My father put it best!:

The new final fantasies have so much to absorb. I want a section that says "spells", another that says "skills". I don't want to learn 40 different things in a 3 hour tutorial before I play.

12345678 ... 13