Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Writing my way to Japan! Hopefully....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helena Huntress

12-28-2012

Now, National Novel Writing Month has been over, and I haven't looked at my novel since... I'm taking a novel writing class in the spring and want to take a break from it until then

In the mean time, I've been chosen to go on a study abroad trip to Japan, whoo!! I was hoping to study literature/creative writing over there, to gain a new perspective on writing, blah blah blah.... PLUS, YAY JAPAN.

This is a big deal for someone who is nowhere near well-traveled. I've been to like... Chicago, Detroit, and Atlanta, but I was too young at the time for my parents to let me explore. So. All I know is this small city in Ohio that I am from And I've wanted to go to Japan and have been studying Japanese for nine years now.

Anyway, I am FREAKING OUT. Not only because I get to leave the country but because well... it costs $4,000 and I have like..... $200. And I have no idea what to do. Being a student, I'll probably end up paying loans for the rest of my life anyway, but... Still... I don't really want to take out more.

I'd greatly appreciate any ideas to help me fund-raise. In the mean time, I've decided to tell all my friends I'm going $5 writing commissions for poems and short stories. (My artist friends get all the money though because people seem to like pictures more than writing *sob*)

So..... I've resorted to these options:

http://www.gofundme.com/1obugw (GoFundMe is a website to generally raise money for charity and/or individual endeavors)

and

http://fiverr.com/harriethuntress/write-short-storiespoems (because why not)

Any ideas? Any at all?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

12-28-2012

I'll let someone else say what's on everyone's mind.