Penetration needs to be reverted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aametherar

12-28-2012

Sorry, once you penetrate there's no going back.

NessOnett

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Are you talking about changes in terms of itemization? Because the mechanics of penetration never changed, they still work and "synergize" in the exact same way.
According to official season 3 patch notes:

Penetration Changes
  • % Penetration now applies before Flat Penetration. This means that combining the two statistics will amplify the effect of both - compared to live which reduced the effectiveness of both.

So yes, the mechanics of penetration have changed. Amplify and synergize mean the same thing in this context.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-28-2012

Gotcha, missed that one thanks!

Algrimor

12-28-2012

I agree with you OP. That's exactly how it works, stack flat pen, then get a big %pen item when the enemy has high enough resist. It should be reverted to the old way.

NessOnett

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Gotcha, missed that one thanks!
I sincerely hope you'll take this under advisement. I know Riot once before ruled that penetration should be separated from one another and there was a very long and in-depth analysis to that end.

But trying to post long threads with facts and proof usually just attracts hate on the forums. So I kept it simple.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the notoriousJFK View Post
Kha'zix... lol. He is definitely an unorthodox pick. Right now I think Kha'zix might need some tweaking. He is only extremely good at mid lane when in the right hands, and there aren't a lot of top tier Kha'zix mid player, so the jury is still out on that IMO.
I'm not that good at him. But when you can get 9 kills before laning phase ends at 3k ping, there is problems.

Lisianthus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Kassadin > talon

MisterTitanic

12-28-2012

honestly its just the new black cleaver. it needs to be an either or situation with last whisper. and it shouldnt work with your teammates last whispers either.

Aquelarres

12-28-2012

Taric is broken right now. He was fine until this pre season.
The amounts of armor plus the armor pen buff. Unfun, overpowered.
They nerfed Sona and Janna for lesser buffs. :/

McNaulty

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Buffing armor may need to happen. But that doesn't change the fact that flat pen applying last removes tradeoffs. And makes it so there is one "build" for every offensive hero. Stack flat pen until people get resists, then get the big % item and be in a perfect spot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Riot want to increase build diversity? And not stifle it.
That makes sense. But maybe, really, the problem is that flat penetration is too strong earlygame.