compulsive liars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sammich kek

12-28-2012

Do you think they know they aren't fooling anyone?

Did any of you grow up with a compulsive liar? What was it like?

Do compulsive liars ever admit to being one?

What do these types of people stand to gain with their web of lies? Does it make them feel good or something?

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I don't lie.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I grew up with a compulsive liar. He'd just go on with these absolutely ridiculous stories, and you could tell he was making things up on the fly.

Everyone just kind of put up with it. It was mildly irritating, but I think we figured it was better to let him do his thing than to call him out on his shit and make him feel bad.

I still see the guy from time to time, and he's turned out alright. He still seems to make shit up, but it's less ridiculous now. I think these people tend to have very low self-esteem, so they prefer to give you fictitious details about their life. I'd imagine that after a while it gets to the point where they will lie and lie without even thinking about doing so.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-28-2012

I have a family member that has been one since about 7 years of age. To say it makes things difficult is a huge understatement.

Jesus the Friend

12-28-2012

I had a girlfriend that was a compulsive liar.
She lied about anything and everything, even simple things.
Living with her for 2 years made me exist with a cloud of heavy mist surrounding me.
I couldn't "see" or "know" what was around me.
I loved her so I wanted to believe the things she said.
She turned me against everyone and everyone against me.
She wasn't even attractive.
But she did have a huge sex drive... like most extra crazy females do...
And she was down to do all sorts of kinky things that no other woman would ever want to try.
So eh, it wasn't a total loss.
Shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere
I don't lie.
I loled.

+1

Worstcase

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
I have a family member that has been one since about 7 years of age. To say it makes things difficult is a huge understatement.
This pretty much sums up my sister entirely.