Was this socially acceptable?

Yes. 22 84.62%
No. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Rude or Socially Acceptable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slayermaster115

12-29-2012

Wanna know how I got these scars? My father, was a drinker...and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen to defend herself. He doesnt like that. Not...one...bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?"

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Meh I felt it was rude.
I think it would been okay if we were alone.
But there were other listening in.

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

It would really depend on the situation. In some cases asking about injuries may be an attempt to show concern. However in the situation you described, you were not openly showing it, so it may be a good idea not to bring that up.

ll Courage ll

12-29-2012

I read through every post to see what you had said, If there are more than you and him it is rude, and a lot. but I guess I understand. Maybe he was amazed (If you two just met then this does not count) and wanted to ask, not wanting to forget about the topic.

A very close friend to me cut herself, I was really depressed when she did so, but I could do nothing about it more than ask, so I guess it was not rude of him to ask you...

Oh god I cannot decide if it was rude or not to vote... Alright, I would accept it, ONLY if he is a close friend. otherwise it is not a right thing to ask if you have known him for 3 days or so.