[guide] Singed, the Urine Guided Rokkit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nalio

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCataldo View Post
As noted, heavy AP builds should probably prefer Fling.

Right NOW Goo is not good just because more than half of players seem to carry Cleanse. A powerful Fling does more for you vs. Cleanse. Shortly this will be fixed though so cool.

Traitor in our midst! I was playing the mf'ing chogath in one of your games, and I saw you get a lichbane! Blasphemy.

Asfastasican

12-14-2009

This guide is alright. You don't need a philosopher's stone though and your singed might be squishy depending on how you react to your enemy's team make-up.

Plus CC is going to rock your world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCataldo View Post
Right NOW Goo is not good just because more than half of players seem to carry Cleanse. A powerful Fling does more for you vs. Cleanse. Shortly this will be fixed though so cool.
^^ what he said.

Xetal

12-15-2009

Cleanse will be a 120 second cooldown (100 if they're deep into defensive) before long.

Try out Cleanse/Ghost with 9/0/21 and movespeed quints. You'll be surprised how fast you go with 320 base movespeed and +7.5% from masteries+quints. Even with just Merc's you will be moving at 419. If you go for the move3 boots then it's 441. AP in the blue, magic pen in the red, health/level in the yellow, movespeed quints.

Cleanse and Ghost with the -15% cooldown is brutal (after the patch it will reduce Cleanse's cooldown by about as much as the Cleanse mastery), and the other stuff from the utility tree is pretty spiffy too. 5mp5 and +4% health/mana regen is like having a free Meki and a bit more anti-harassment for your regrowth. The +5% mana works into your item build very nicely. The 9% shorter cooldowns is harder to get excited about... but it can help.

If you have decent people to play with, you can build Singed more tanky and have him as an initiator. For that the items are a bit less aggressive than the OPs build. For items, Mercs or Swiftness of course. After that a fast Rod of Ages and then you have to evaluate your opponents for your next items.

For any item build, if nobody else is getting an Aegis then you should be getting one at some point.

Heavy physical damage: I like a sunfire cloak. Good hp, good armor, and the passive works nicely with poison to make you a walking cancer... anyone that gets near you suddenly starts not feeling so great. After the sunfire, which makes you farming go from "Great" to "Holy God" btw, the obvious choices are Frozen Heart and/or Guardian Angel.

Mix/Disablers: Sunfire -> Banshee is a nice combo. 1105 hp, 420 mana, 50 armor, 60mr, banshee passive and sunfire passive. After this you can go for a Guardian Angel, Frozen Heart, or Warmogs depending on what is happening in the game.

Magic damage heavy: Banshee -> Force of Nature -> Warmogs. All their mages will be able to do is try to run away, only to get tossed back into your poison, goo, and posse of face beaters.

Oh, and just for fun at some point you should pop your ult and use your improved ghost at the same time with 9/0/21 and speed quints.

EDIT: And yes, I turn my Regrowth into a Philosophers Stone early. Either as soon as I have the cash for it, or as soon as I have the cash for that + some boots.

IncubusPhanto

12-18-2009

Blarg, I'm a recent Singed player, won every game except for my most recent and I have a question. I use singed as a nuisance and I will go against people and toss/poison'em to death. However...Rammus and Alistar. Those two were in my recent game and no matter what I did I couldn't bring'em down or flinch them a little. Ran in there with Poison, got everything covered in poison. Goo'd them so I could regain myself and go in to toss them toward a tower. However... Even after the toss, after the poison, after me trying to beat them down. Alistar and Rammus broke me.

They're both highly defensive characters and that's probably the problem. So I have to ask...any tips for going against high defense/offense characters like Alistar and Rammus?

condon

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusPhanto View Post
Blarg, I'm a recent Singed player, won every game except for my most recent and I have a question. I use singed as a nuisance and I will go against people and toss/poison'em to death. However...Rammus and Alistar. Those two were in my recent game and no matter what I did I couldn't bring'em down or flinch them a little. Ran in there with Poison, got everything covered in poison. Goo'd them so I could regain myself and go in to toss them toward a tower. However... Even after the toss, after the poison, after me trying to beat them down. Alistar and Rammus broke me.

They're both highly defensive characters and that's probably the problem. So I have to ask...any tips for going against high defense/offense characters like Alistar and Rammus?
Kill all their friends and run. They will either chase you, leading to their eventual death, or they will grin and bear it, and your carries/sneakies/whatever else will come clean them up.

No hero can take every hero 1v1, it just so happens that if you're slippery and quick on your feet you can take out most heroes as singed.

Zingmaster

12-19-2009

Like Condon said, your job is to make the other team's tanks irrelevent by getting rid of everything they are tanking for. While they are trying to draw damage from your carries/casters, you can kill theirs, and tbh you're a lot better at it as singed then they are as rammus/alistar. I play my singed differently than most, and at end game with insanity potion am very capable of removing any threat, but with this build, just take away their Yis, Trynds and Veigars, and you've more than done your job.

Shadron

12-20-2009

I mixed the build up a little bit, and did have philosophers stone right away... but I do that with a lot of my characters.

All you need is a decent lane partner early game and bam, you're set.

Here is a shot of my 8th game played as Singed.

I'd say with some clever tactics, and a defense util spec this guide rocks!

EternalOblivion

12-27-2009

Just finished a nice game with Singed using this guide. Sorry about the Lichbane, it was my last item and I was in a hurry. Should have gotten Z ring.

*******http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7529/singedownage.png********

Couldn't get it to attach my file so I had to hotlink it.

alcapowned

12-31-2009

I`d like to ask some questions about Singed because I`m thinking about getting good with him because he is a fun champion to me. Does toggling Poison trigger Tear of the Goddess or Archangels Staff? If it does , does the "cap" of 600 mana of Tear of the Goddess reset when you upgrade it into Archangels?

Also... does Rylai's sceptre make it so your poison also slows?

condon

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcapowned View Post
I`d like to ask some questions about Singed because I`m thinking about getting good with him because he is a fun champion to me. Does toggling Poison trigger Tear of the Goddess or Archangels Staff? If it does , does the "cap" of 600 mana of Tear of the Goddess reset when you upgrade it into Archangels?

Also... does Rylai's sceptre make it so your poison also slows?
The poison is a toggle, and does not activate on cast effects such as sheen and TotG.

TotG charges carry over to the staff, which also has a cap of 600, although this is hidden.

Rylai's would only affect toss in this case, and is a waste. Better to get items with AP and mana and get the passive HP.