Wealthy people who are overly cheap make me angry.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

Senior Member

12-28-2012

I took my parents to Luis Vuitton to get them some luggage for their trip back home and they complained that they couldn't use it because it was "too expensive" and their beat, cheap, and old luggage "was just fine".

My dad will spend lots of money on new gadgets, like computers and phones, but won't spend over a hundred dollars on a shirt.

People would rather buy expsensive machines with no point other than entertainment than invest in their appearence.

It doesn't make sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Some people are rich because they are thrifty.
My parents for example.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

Senior Member

12-28-2012

I don't see an issue with a preference towards spending a lot on gadgets that you use every day for years as opposed to buying luggage that you will use once.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
I don't see an issue with a preference towards spending a lot on gadgets that you use every day for years as opposed to buying luggage that you will use once.
It shows how you value you yourself and your self worth. If you can't invest in yourself as a person, that tells me something about your self respect.

He talks about his new 2,000 dollar computer or whatever then wears 90.00 shoes. If he had self respect he wouldn't want to look like a disgraceful hobo and use that 2 large on shoes first.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Maybe someone doesn't need your or anyone else's validation to feel as if they have self worth.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Umbasa

Senior Member

12-28-2012

your parents are smart people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Maybe someone doesn't need your or anyone else validation to feel as if they have self worth.
This is fine for someone who doesn't mind being a filthy hobo, and missing out on opputunities because people don't take you seriously.

No offense but I don't want him to become overweight and think it's acceptable to lose 2 pounds a month because "I don't care what others think"

I want him to be a part of real society. Not a loser.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmightyAtheismo

Senior Member

12-28-2012

OP is everything that is wrong with modern society.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
This is fine for someone who doesn't mind being a filthy hobo, and missing out on opputunities because people don't take you seriously.

No offense but I don't want him to become overweight and think it's acceptable to lose 2 pounds a month because "I don't care what others think"

I want him to be a part of real society. Not a loser.
Needed to turn this personal?
Think that means I made a valid point you can't refute.


Luggage will not deny you an opporituny.
Luggage is in no way an investment.

Also if he's "rich" and happy with that, appearing like a flithly hobo has impeded him in no way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Needed to turn this personal?
Think that means I made a valid point you can't refute.


Luggage will not deny you an opporituny.
Luggage is in no way an investment.

Also if he's "rich" and happy with that, appearing like a flithly hobo has impeded him in no way.
You saying "I can lose two pounds a month and it's acceptable" makes a valid point that you have no business having an opinion on people who operate in the real world.

"Who cares what other thinks" takes you out of any real conversations and backs up all of my statements because you are arguing the other side of it.

People see him carrying that luggage. People treat him accordingly.

People who don't care how they look are not happy. Again, this is where your personal experience aides to my agrument. How many times have you said "I'm fat" then later on said "I'm not happy" or "I'm depressed"?

I don't want my parents clamoring for the attention of 4 foot Gautamalan pedophiles on Skype. I want them functioning in the real world.


12345 ... 6