Malzahar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicHookMaster

12-29-2012

Limited mobility until you get a Rylais, excluding his silence (Which doesn't really help him escape THAT much)

Ontop of that, QSS is still in the game, in regards breaking his entire combo.

Yes, he is a fun/good hero, but in regards gets countered too much and way too squishy.

Bryan Silva

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remíni View Post
Even with his silence and W? I have had problems with his ult, but in team fights if you dont use his ult he's still pretty good.
That's the problem though. He can't use his ultimate without some sort of risk attached to it because of it's range and how easy it is to interrupt. His strength comes from being able to drop DOT'S all day and melt the tank line in clustered fights.

Jesustim

12-29-2012

Best duelist in the game until the enemy has a QSS item. Horrid for teamfights as his ult shuts down mobility and any hard CC destroys his win combo. He also naturally pushes which makes dealing with junglers a SERIOUS issue.

iohasdasdwer

12-29-2012

Sigh must we go over this again? Qss plus there is a new item that gives ad dmg and a qss ACTIVE for those mid to late games. He is weaker than ever now. Also no escapes can be easily kited slow movement pushes lane meaning likely to be ganked i laugh when i see a malzahar being picked its an obvious sign that mid will be easy to gank. Plus ,if u shut malazar down hard enough during lane his team fights are gonna be to horrible worst pick ever pls dont use him.

StormEagle5000

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iohasdasdwer View Post
Sigh must we go over this again? Qss plus there is a new item that gives ad dmg and a qss ACTIVE for those mid to late games. He is weaker than ever now. Also no escapes can be easily kited slow movement pushes lane meaning likely to be ganked i laugh when i see a malzahar being picked its an obvious sign that mid will be easy to gank. Plus ,if u shut malazar down hard enough during lane his team fights are gonna be to horrible worst pick ever pls dont use him.
All 5 of the enemy team wont buy a QSS. I usually rape face when I play him. He is not bad by no means. When he 1st came out he was certainly viable. But as the game has evolved Riot hasnt given him a hand and they need too. Team fights arent a problem. The visions and void pool put out lots of dmg and properly placed Q's can make a difference. Besides it is extremely fun face beaming pple. Oh and a properly played Malz can take pressure off other lanes by pushing. As long as you ward both bushes youll be ok.

Remíni

12-30-2012

Actually from what I'm hearing it kind of sounds like his ult needs a rework, even considering most people aren't smart enough to buy QSS anyway, it seems kind of unfair to Malz, considering the CD and how "easily" it can be broken.

JashobeamZ

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remíni View Post
Even with his silence and W? I have had problems with his ult, but in team fights if you dont use his ult he's still pretty good.

if you don't use his ult in team fights then the other teams ap carry that IS using their ult has a constant edge over your team. This is exactly the reason why people are saying he is a bit bad in late game. kill yourself to get your ult off or don't use it and maybe your team still comes out on top somehow?

against a good brand, annie or pretty well any other burst ult caster your playing handicapped.

Cungfuzi

04-23-2013

When I play malzahar his ult can change a 5v5 into a 4v5 before the fight has really started

Kholdstare13

04-23-2013

High elo players know the real value of a well-played AD Malz. (some argue top tier)

Lord Malice

04-23-2013

Malzahar is weak in teamfights vs the league of Gap closing bruisers, and there's almost no way in team fight that you're going to get to the adc, unless they nub, but most ADC or AP that was vs u in lane will buy a QSS just to shut you down. Malz gets a little more usefull in teamfight when you have rylais and u spam the tanks and fight a retreat you can win. But if you could choose between a Lux or a Malz in your Team comp Late game, lux wins hands down. It's not that he's bad its just that there's better/easier to play options.