Irritating for female players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucifers Hammer

01-12-2013

While you may have a valid concern, you should also see the picture from another viewpoint, while it is true that most female champions are busty supermodels, the same can also be said about the male champs, where most are also in perfect physical shape, with obvious exceptions like Gragas, and maybe Zilean.
The example you gave for women who are getting ****tier is Riven, while yes her bunny suit is a bit of a fan service for the boys, her other 4 skins (if you include the classic skin) are in no way ****ty, but are mostly very modest battle gear, same goes for Leona, where one skin is a bit more revealing (Valkyrie Leona) and Kayle, who I believe has no sexy skins at all.
What I want to say I guess is to not let it bother you too much, and as another poster pointed out, the original models for old champions needed the big breasts to differentiate male and female champs, because the graphics where not like they are now.
Happy Gaming :3

Ragequitternob

01-12-2013

id say what you said is probably true cause of a generic body design from the artwork designer
girls generally got big breast
and males got 6 picks and a handsome hair making it quite general
hope you get satisfied to the changes of artwork soon

Vakaiya

01-12-2013

Imma girl and I don't mind the boobs, granted that I'm bi so I like boobies.
Still, even then it does feel like they do the same thing for both female and male.
Can we get more guys that aren't freakish looking for the female gamers out there?
Seriously, the overly buff and creepy animal men aren't really doing it for me. . .
The only one's a find maybe remotely attractive is Vlad and the new Arclight Varus. :/

Pvt Ryan

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioness View Post
^ You wouldn't understand unless you are a woman or are sensitive to this kind of subject.

So please check your privilege. It would be like if every male character looked like 'Brolaf" (Olaf's fraternity skin)
Logically, it is a fallacy to say that one cannot understand a topic without experience on it. People don't have the "privilege" to have opinions on this kind of stuff, they have the right to have those opinions. Also, where have you been? Almost every male character IS overly masculinized (maybe not as bachelor-like as Brolaf, but buff, white, tall, and with a few slightly cocky, edgy/competitive personality traits).The fact is, Champions' splash art(s) and in-game models have no impact on gameplay whatesoever, which is really the only thing that matters [you aren't ever forced to look at the splash art and the models are so vague-looking that one cannot even clearly see their features in question (which is this "oversexualization" of female champs.] AS SUCH, there is HARDLY any basis on which to complain about this wonderful, free game that is provided to us by a hardworking staff at Riot that simply KNOWS what will SELL (since A HUGE portion of their income comes from the purchasing of skins and extra champs). Of course though, I am not disqualifying the insecurity that females have been experiencing from these champions, I am simply saying that Riot is COMPLETELY justified in making those champions the way they are. IF Riot decides that a less "sexualized" direction is the way they want to go because of the community, then more power to them, but I ask all those "irritated females" to understand that Riot will take whatever direction that they want to and there are plenty of people (myself included) that will untiringly try to stop them and preserve Riot's current art style.

Shadowed Ruby

01-12-2013

Looking at the Morgana splash art, it hurts my eyes just thinking about how unbelievably thin she is. I mean, nothing should be that thin! If you triple her, maybe you'll get Kate Moss, maybe.

Her bones represent plates of armor more than they do bones, what the actual **** is up with that?

znanue

01-13-2013

I somehow missed this thread, and I don't want to hijack it. I agree with the female representation even for Morgana, but the males just aren't presented as *** objects and to be fair it would be nice if a few skins or an entire champion serviced that issue, too.

Either way, I think we can all agree that it would be nice if more females played and why alienate the gay audience either, riot?

Several people made mention of the engine and the in game look, but lets be honest, a female can be busty without looking like a cheap hooker, and yet most of the female skins (nearly all) seem to aim for that look.

Z

OrgasmicSkittles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-13-2013

I'm a female and don't find it a big deal at all lol. It's a game after all and I don't see why anyone would get so offended about a made up character. As for the creepy animal males.. I actually like them a lot. It's nice to have something that isn't just another human. I think Kog'Maw is pretty darn cute ;3

Star of Insomnia

01-14-2013

Like some people said here, it's all about business.
It generally works better with sexualisation.
Atleast it's not 100% (everywhere).

But I differ on one point.
It is possible to make a ugly champ (at the very least not ripped or busty) with finding that champ a great kit. There was examples given here like Darius, Ezreal,etc and Karma, kayle, etc.....

Some one said that if u wanted to make a fat woman, you'll end up with a gragas reskin?
Food using concept wasn't exploited yet.
Imagine a fat woman, that suddently had an event where she learned to use magic.
She loved so much food that it was way easier to use food in her spells.
BAM!!! New Concept that could work!
Yes its different than gragas, who's just using kegs.

So don't tell me they are all damn sexy because its easier concept...

Teemo could have been a normal human not in shape, that wouldnt have stopped him from shooting darts, running quick (which anyone on adrenaline (from fear from being killed by those muscled champions) could do).

I have some challenge for anyone that read this.
Try to imagine an already existing champ differently, a bit like I did for teemo. Do not change his kit, just completly modify his appearance. IT IS possible to find something very decent for them. The abilities might change names, etc. but just make sure they do the exact same things.

Garthul

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioness View Post
^ You wouldn't understand unless you are a woman or are sensitive to this kind of subject.

So please check your privilege. It would be like if every male character looked like 'Brolaf" (Olaf's fraternity skin)
That's it. Threads over. It's the "I don't have to acknowledge any valid points in your argument because privilege. Check your privilege please". Go back to Tumblr and spare us the torment of hearing about your perceived social injustices.

Garthul

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star of Insomnia View Post
Like some people said here, it's all about business.
It generally works better with sexualisation.
Atleast it's not 100% (everywhere).

But I differ on one point.
It is possible to make a ugly champ (at the very least not ripped or busty) with finding that champ a great kit. There was examples given here like Darius, Ezreal,etc and Karma, kayle, etc.....

Some one said that if u wanted to make a fat woman, you'll end up with a gragas reskin?
Food using concept wasn't exploited yet.
Imagine a fat woman, that suddently had an event where she learned to use magic.
She loved so much food that it was way easier to use food in her spells.
BAM!!! New Concept that could work!
Yes its different than gragas, who's just using kegs.

So don't tell me they are all damn sexy because its easier concept...

Teemo could have been a normal human not in shape, that wouldnt have stopped him from shooting darts, running quick (which anyone on adrenaline (from fear from being killed by those muscled champions) could do).

I have some challenge for anyone that read this.
Try to imagine an already existing champ differently, a bit like I did for teemo. Do not change his kit, just completly modify his appearance. IT IS possible to find something very decent for them. The abilities might change names, etc. but just make sure they do the exact same things.
Stop it. Just stop. You can't appease these people. Take for example your 'fat chick' concept. They would still complain about her boobs being huge and too visible, and then you'd get the laughable 'fat acceptance' proponents in here rambling on about how this encourages people to think that fat people are fat because they eat to much when they 'really eat just like everyone else and wah its my genes' never mind the insanely massive surge in obesity the human population has experienced since we developed food surpluses and made that stupid food pyramid that says 'fats bad, carbs good!' No it's totally not sedentary lifestyles and excessive calorie intake, it's in your DNA, herp.