IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fate000

12-28-2012

I think IP gain should be plain increased. Maybe just multiply IP gain by 125% percent (this will make IP from ranked wins be between 95 and 182, which seems reasonable)

Taarki

12-28-2012

i hate it when i lose a 45 minute match and i only get 56 IP...
Although the first win of the day is nice because when you win it is usualy 230+ IP for 1 game

Fate000

12-28-2012

Maybe the IP for losses should be increased?

Amazinq

12-28-2012

First win of the day rules!

br0ked

12-28-2012

I am only level 18, but have started to look at what tier 3 runs cost. Its going to take FOREVER to get all the IP I need. I may break down and buy some RP, but still it would be nice to be able to gain IP a bit faster.

PapeRarty

12-28-2012

The idea is that you're not suppose to be able to afford everything you want to buy in a week... This way, you buy a new champ and you play it for a while (earning more IP as you do) so that LATER ON after you've mastered it (while still being able to play all the free champs they give you AND all those SUPER cheap champs they offer) you'll have enough to buy another one.

If you don't have the patience for it, buy them with RP. Otherwise just wait a while. I've been playing for a little over a year and saved enough IP for about 5 rune pages (full) and probably somewhere around 30 champs. Given I play a lot, but still! You can get enough if you play long enough.

Fate000

12-29-2012

The problem is for players that don't play a lot. Let's do some number crunching:
Let's assume you're games are short: you get the minimum IP for a win, 76. You play one of these matches per day as you don't have time for more (or you have a life), and gain the firstwin bonus. This puts you at 226 IP per day. At this rate, you unlock a 6300 IP champion every 27 days, assuming you never lose a single game. With losses, you can get a new champion every month-and-a-half. Way too long.

playerwinner

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
Buy some RP and use the RP to purchase an IP boost and you will get your 100+ ip per game.

See, they do offer that for you. Problem was already solved before you even asked.

Oh, you don't want to give money to a company that makes a product that you like using? Tough luck.
These IP boosts are only worth it to a very small part of the community. Below uses 1rp-10 ip. To reach 1rp-6ip(buying 6300 champ) take 6 8 and 13 games off the following, which for most is still impossible. Reaching the value of on sale champions is impossible.

"1 day = (2900 IP/day) / 175 = 16.57 wins/losses * 2 = 33.14 games/day
3 day = (5200 IP/day) / 175 = 29.71 wins/losses * 2 = 59.43 games / 3 days = 19.81 games/day
14 day = (18460 IP/day) / 175 = 105.49 wins/losses * 2 = 210.97 games / 14 days = 15.07 games/day

In this example, it is entirely unrealistic to get a value of 10 IP per RP from the 1 day boost. It just isn't gonna happen. 3 day boost may be possible for the absolute die hard LoL player, since 20 games a day leaves little time for anything else. 14 day boost would have to require time off from school/work and no other responsibilities to break even in this example, and for the average player, this would just not be realistic enough to achieve."

Phoenix0Wright

12-29-2012

I don't know. I mean Riot doesn't HAVE to let us get champions for free at all, and there are a lot of top-tier options for low prices, like Nunu, Cho'Gath, Morgana, Alistar, TF, Malphite, Eve, etc. I certainly wouldn't complain about getting more IP, but I think the system in place is fair.

hi im kom

12-29-2012

I get about 1000 a day or maybe more. It's not that hard to gain some ip.