Why do atheists hate a god they don't believe in?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malkshakevanilla

12-28-2012

Well?

Fistandantylus

12-28-2012

0/10

And who said anything about hate?

Powerstoned

12-28-2012

Just your god's followers, not your god.

Atheists don't hate what doesn't exist.

ThaBizness

12-28-2012

Thank you.

It's a silly concept.

PainOfDemise

12-28-2012

Because people won't shut up to them about him.

Lazy Fairy

12-28-2012

wat? If an Atheist hates a God, then they are not an Atheist.

I don't think you know what an Atheist is.

Exoctane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Atheists don't hate god, but can't understand someone's blind faith and conviction in something that makes no sense to them.

It's like I tell you there's no gravity and expect you to jump off a skyscraper and trust in what I'm telling you; even though you know for a fact that it makes no sense. Then when you try to tell me I'm bat**** crazy I yell at you and say my god tells me I'm right even though I'm clearly a ****ing moron.

c4lm

12-28-2012

Atheists are mostly jealous of the fact they can't get into heaven.

By the power of the Lord our God.

In His Name.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-28-2012

My younger brother is an Atheist, here is his stance.

He doesn't hate God, as he doesn't believe in his existence, so that would be insane. He hates what people think and do in the name of God. How people of religion, especially the extremes, will do things without reservation, just because they believe their God wanted it to be so. How many people of religion turn a deaf ear to science and what it can do.

His debate teacher in High School was a hardcore Catholic, as much as my brother is an Atheist. They got along famously, and he passed the class with flying colors. Why? Because his debate teacher was able to discuss the matters in a civil and open minded way.

Another example; A good friend of mine in High School was a pretty hardcore Christian, but his father took it to another level. One day his father mentioned the earth was only 6,000 years old, my response was a simple "Then explain Dinosaurs.". His answer was "Man walked with Dinosaurs, but the government covers that up to discourage religion and the truth."

It is that sort of thing a real Atheist hates. Not God, but the "blind stupidity", as my brother puts it.