Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vote kick during champion selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreeggaQ

12-28-2012

Some weeks ago, there was this guy in a ranked game who trolled since we were in champion selection

Never spoke during that time and when the match started he began turret diving since level one. Nobody dodged because there's a high time penalty (i've heard 30 minutes but for me it's 50, idkw)

So I was thinking about this and why not implement a system against trolls where you can vote to kick someone off the team during champion selection? That way, nobody's rate goes down and you can play unranked games with guys who DO want to play and will stop trolling the moment you enter champion selection yelling "mid" and locking immediately.

3 of the votes should be necesary to kick someone (can't count the vote of the one you want to kick) and if succesful, the 4 guys who were left rejoin the queue.

I'd believe this would make a better teamwork during games as you would be kicking the trolls/negative players

Canis Lupus

12-28-2012

Really good idea, i'd suggest having all 4 votes for it tho. So kicking people in champ selec for the lulz doesnt happen. Just imo.

Chewn

12-28-2012

Oh no! We have a bad team comp. Let's all kick the last pick.

No.

Wolfenix

12-29-2012

I was thinking about this earlier. A lot of the problems and with this kind of system can be alleviated by only allowing you a player to be involved in a single "YES" vote once per 30 minutes. This way, if there really is a problem person (and there often is) they can be kicked without it being abused.

The problem I still see is that the player being kicked can use it to their advantage. If they "didn't get top! :'(" they can just pick a troll champ and say a few things and the team is forced to kick them.

Still better than actually having them troll, though.

Altissium

Recruiter

01-02-2013

Yes, this is a must have.