Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runeterra, the Universe.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmnFshn

12-28-2012

Another thing, I don't understand how Riot can neglect the lore. Because from that, fanwork is created, and when there's fanwork, it attracts new players, whether it's drawings, music, fanfiction, comics, whatever.

Vilosophe

12-28-2012

I'm not sure you can say they -neglect- Lore. Clearly they rewrite it. They add characters with ties between them. They try to flesh out Shadow Isles and Piltover.

All I'm trying here is to offer suggestions on how they can add to and improve on what they do.

Vilosophe

12-28-2012

Guess I'll do a bamp of my own.

Axethor

12-28-2012

I agree 100%, though I think you missed one big thing they used to use, the Journal of Justice and Champion Judgments. Bring back an outside source, not necessarily the JoJ again because it was terrible for past events and just covered new ones.

Vilosophe

12-29-2012

Well, I can understand why they did away with them. I do miss the Judgments, as I quite liked them. But a static newspaper is exactly that, static. It just saddens me that it was removed without having the 'awesome' stuff in place that they've been promising.

SlumlordThanatos

12-29-2012

I like and support this, +1 for you.

1000 words? You should write my English essays....

Omniance

12-29-2012

Quote:
AmnFshn:
One thing I want to mention, is that when they released the new TT, they talked about how Evelynn's background is still very mysterious and they don't want to give it away. And to that, I reply, how much of the lore do you want to keep as a secret, Evelynn's and in general? Seems like laziness to me, unless they have planned on something mind-blowing that will unfold all kinds of secrets about Runeterra, champion lores etc. I DOUBT THAT THOUGH.

Please, put some effort on the goddamn lore, you created a fantasy world, and then you stopped developing it, that's mean and step up your game, if you aren't going all in and want to keep everything under covers, then well good luck with that then.

The problem Riot has is that they're all hype, no substantial substance to any part of their story. There's hype to build up, then there's nothing. Keeping Eve's past a secret is stupid. Every Shadow Isles champion is some mysterious/flat/boring/lazy secretive character other than maybe Yorick. They're all flash and mystery with no real supporting character structure.

For Riot to act as if there's "something big on the horizon" when their lore has been much been kicked aside for over a year now isn't anything more than mildly amusing and easily ignored.

Quote:
Vilosophe:
I'm not sure you can say they -neglect- Lore. Clearly they rewrite it. They add characters with ties between them. They try to flesh out Shadow Isles and Piltover.

All I'm trying here is to offer suggestions on how they can add to and improve on what they do.

Most of the Characters with ties between them have glaring problems from a story viewpoint, primarily because that's all those characters have. Soraka has gone from being an Ionian Demi-Goddess/Priestess of some kind to just being some flat mystic who sat around all day, and despite being hundreds of years old, was so naive she fell for some man's charm. Is she part of Ionia? Does she hate Noxus? Why the flying eff in she in the League? They erased her past and replaced it with less than what was there to begin with.

This is a continuing trend. Who is Rengar? He's a hunter. What is Rengar? Umm... A hunter... That's a cat. There's cat people in Valoran? Sure why not. Oh yeah, and he lost a fight to Kha'zix.

Wait who is Kha'zix? Some void champion that eats things, no points for originality there. So he's a Void champion. Does he know Kog'maw? Cho'gath? Kassadin? How did he even get to Valoran? By "infiltrating" it. His past isn't explained. We just know he's tied to this other nobody champion. That's his one defining story point that places him in Runeterra. Void Champions used to be dark and had an omen of dread associated with them. Nah. That's stupid, just plop him down into the story with no explanation at all. It's not a big deal.

It's not just neglect. It's a straight up refusal and/or inability of delivering even a halfway decent story.

Vilosophe

12-31-2012

Seeing how Ironstylus has been out and about...

Here's a bump and some lure: Leona. Diana. Diana & Leona.

Still Eternity

12-31-2012

Quote:
Vilosophe:
Seeing how Ironstylus has been out and about...

Here's a bump and some lure: Leona. Diana. Diana & Leona.

I'll help bait.

Cookies

Tacostorm

Nerf Irelia

Tons of Damage

Trinity Force

Stealth Rework

Parrot

Iron Solari

Embrace the Hearesy

Vilosophe

01-02-2013

Quote:
Still Eternity:
I'll help bait.

Thanks, no luck though =/

Oh well, seems like people liked the ideas here, which is cool in and of itself.