2nd Day of Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinRG

12-28-2012

2nd Day of ranked: 7-3 so far, with most games being fairly easy and only getting a few games (mainly the 3) that contained trolls/feeders.

I know I don't have a lot of experience to comment yet but from what I've seen so far ELO HELL doesn't exist. In all my games the players on the other teams raged about how unfair elo hell was, how all the players they were paired with were terrible, and that the matchmaking system was completely unfair.

What I also noticed was these same players not co-operating as a team, raging for no reason, and constantly putting their teammates down whilst neglecting their own faults.

Now, I don't mean to get on a high horse here. But I've already hit Silver, never played ranked prior to this season, only have about ~500 games under my belt, and the only ELO HELL I saw was the one players were damning themselves too.

I went in with a positive attitude, never pointed out my team mates faults (or if I did, just joked about it), always made sure to congratulate them on kills and good plays, constantly watched the minimap and well - the results speak for themselves :/.

I'm guessing this has been said multi times by now, but now that I have first hand experience I can wholly contribute - ELO HELL is a myth. You only end up there if you belong there.

The Spell Weaver

12-28-2012

You've played 10 games, and if you're in silver already you haven't experienced ELO Hell, you're kind of on a high horse.

I went from 950-1300 in one week but I was down below 1k for a while, the hardest part about raising your elo is the 950-1100 part. That is ELO hell.

I go in with a great attitude every game, I congratulate my team when they do good - which like you said is necessary if you want to win.
That said that doesn't control other people from nerd raging, which is all that ELO is. Let alone that ELO is infamous for the amount of trolls and afkers you get.

Just because you didn't live it in your 10 games, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Rockaqt

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spell Weaver View Post
You've played 10 games, and if you're in silver already you haven't experienced ELO Hell, you're kind of on a high horse.

I went from 950-1300 in one week but I was down below 1k for a while, the hardest part about raising your elo is the 950-1100 part. That is ELO hell.
#1 Ok 10 games, you have been lucky to get no trolls.

#2And spell weaver... Elo hell goes all the way to about 1600 then smooth sailing until about 1780 or so then from there it's elotard hell again till about 1920 or so...

Elo hell is all around. It's just what you take from it. Aka trolls make elo hell. It's all over. Reason being? Because this community for LoL SUCKS. Simple enough.

Grollm

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEXX View Post
2nd Day of ranked: 7-3 so far, with most games being fairly easy and only getting a few games (mainly the 3) that contained trolls/feeders.

I know I don't have a lot of experience to comment yet but from what I've seen so far ELO HELL doesn't exist. In all my games the players on the other teams raged about how unfair elo hell was, how all the players they were paired with were terrible, and that the matchmaking system was completely unfair.

What I also noticed was these same players not co-operating as a team, raging for no reason, and constantly putting their teammates down whilst neglecting their own faults.

Now, I don't mean to get on a high horse here. But I've already hit Silver, never played ranked prior to this season, only have about ~500 games under my belt, and the only ELO HELL I saw was the one players were damning themselves too.

I went in with a positive attitude, never pointed out my team mates faults (or if I did, just joked about it), always made sure to congratulate them on kills and good plays, constantly watched the minimap and well - the results speak for themselves :/.

I'm guessing this has been said multi times by now, but now that I have first hand experience I can wholly contribute - ELO HELL is a myth. You only end up there if you belong there.
There is no Spexx account that exists on North America servers. The only Spexx account that exists is in Euro West and Euro East and he's 1566. Nice try baddie.

Enconex

12-28-2012

Hah, may luck be on your side, my friend.

Rillain

12-28-2012

So you got lucky with your placement matches and that's supposed to be proof that elo hell is a myth? Play more than 10 games first buddy, or if you really want to prove something, go down to low elo and carry yourself out. I've gone as low as 918 elo and now I'm about to break gold. Believe me, getting from 1300 to 1500 was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than getting from 1000 to 1200.

Rillain

12-28-2012

Oh and you know you have no experience so why post?

SinRG

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
There is no Spexx account that exists on North America servers. The only Spexx account that exists is in Euro West and Euro East and he's 1566. Nice try baddie.
I changed my name recently during the special/name cleanup. When I typed 'spexx lolking' into google it still found my page, just redirected to my new name SinRG. Not sure where you ended up.

Prof Zuhayr

12-28-2012

i was 9-3 yesterday
I was like yay! I think I can keep winning.
I lost 6 games in a row...
I'm now 9-9

SinRG

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillain View Post
So you got lucky with your placement matches and that's supposed to be proof that elo hell is a myth? Play more than 10 games first buddy, or if you really want to prove something, go down to low elo and carry yourself out. I've gone as low as 918 elo and now I'm about to break gold. Believe me, getting from 1300 to 1500 was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than getting from 1000 to 1200.
But doesn't everyone start at around 1200 elo during their placement matches? At least that's what it displayed for me after about 3-4 ranked games. You have to tank the rating first before you get to the stage where you have to 'carry yourself out'.

Either way it's good to know the 'hard part' is over and it should be smooth sailing to goal (as I was placed at 1339 after my 10 matches).