Udyr, Lost along the way.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilverRex

12-26-2012

I used to play Udyr quite a bit in my first year of league. Just tried a game jungling with him, of course his jungle clear time is still just as good as it was back then. But with all the new champions that have been added to the game, he certainly lacks a lot of punch when it comes to having any place in a 5v5 team fight.

He has no gap closer, an extremely short single target stun, minimal damage, and ends up being a walking meat shield that stance dances just to try and kite enemies, his ganking potential is next to none without the use of said gap closer.

I just felt like posting cause I just played a game with him and was quite shocked at how drastic the difference is between him and other tanky junglers has become.

Anachronity

12-26-2012

yea, I think Udyr has lost some power lately. I never really feel threatened when I play against him, since I know that he can't do anything unless he's within melee range.

Raggan

12-26-2012

I strongly agree with this udyr is completely useless any kind of slow / gap closer / stun counters him hes very easily kited and needs some kind of tenacity or something because even with merc treads and defensive passives and movement speed quints and lvl 2 bear stance you can't catch a single person in the game it's rediculus he is seriously lacking and his damage is mediocre compared to champions like riven etc...lee sin

Raggan

12-27-2012

Bump for the Udyr love

LastStaX

12-27-2012

mobility creep killed the manbearturtletigerpheonix, and the only thing that could solve this is a total rework which gives no guarantee of him being able to keep what makes him fun after it.

Leblonjames

12-27-2012

Yeah i played udyr a lot back in the days.. its sad

sepetaiya

12-27-2012

i really approve of everything Riot has done, except for not fix the darius pull range, and one more thing...

they took away Udyrs passive stacking dodge and never gave him anything back for it. in fact, wasnt he supposed to have a rework? now that i think about it... he was. and he never got it

DarkSideCreo

12-27-2012

He was still a beast in s2. However, sightstone items and oracle nerfs made his life harder. Basically, the only way to gank bot now is to take flash and lane gank (praying that they didn't ward bot bushes, which they usually do with all the free wards etc). You could just farm the jungle and then be a tank/peeler though. But he's certainly not as terrifying as he was before.

ReaperOfSaints

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

I feel like when they removed dodge out of the game, they forgot that Udyr used dodge in Monkey's Agility his passive.

I think for a few seconds after using an ability he should gain ghost or something to make it easier to gank through minions.

Just hit me maybe in Phoneix form he can get a jump from a bush?

Just a few ideas.

Raggan

12-28-2012

bump post if you want Udyr re tuned