Help getting back to balanced W/L ratio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveRuin

12-27-2012

Before you read:

If it's too long, just leave.

This post isn't about raging, it's about me getting back to the point where I can enjoy playing LoL and not want to quit.

-------------------------------------------------
I currently have 40 more losses than wins. Whatever the reasons whether it be me trolling or my teammates trolling idc, but I want to know how to get back to an even w/l ratio. I am at around 440 wins and 480 losses.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Before you say "Learn to carry nub" just know this, people like to call roles such as mid top adc first and im not at the ******bag status where I go like, oh hey lets play duo mid lane, it'll be great. No, I fill in the roles that aren't filled in yet so I rarely get a chance to play a carry. The few times I do, I get some troll that decided, oh hey, let's support on Riven.

Before you say "Learn to play other roles nub" know this: I've jungled since s1 and the only role I am absolutely terrible at is support, I'm trying to adjust that over time and learn how to play it.

Actual tips would be greatly appreciated including watching streamers, technique, mechanics, warding/ teamfighting.

BTW: I get paired up with people with over a thousand wins sometimes, is that normal??

Hirumonogatari

12-28-2012

is this ranked or normals?

IdleAltruism

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
is this ranked or normals?
Over 900 games played in preseason 3? That would be impressive...

Attico

12-28-2012

Wins are not the primary way ELO is figured, your win/loss ratio will carry more weight.

The good news is that you should usually play against players in a similar boat. Those 1000 win players likely have 1100 losses. The key to getting to 500 is probably going to depend on you taking the game seriously in every match. I think too many people give up too early, and just surrender or quit trying before they should. Even if you don't come back, you gain valuable experience.

Also, you could just start a smurf account and give up the one you have

Little Dead Red

12-28-2012

Be assertive, its you're elo. And its solo. Which means you need to treat it as if you are the only one that matters. Usually when I'm mid I average 180 farm in the first 20 minutes. At 800-1000 Elo that's ridiculously high compared to the other mid 70 or 80. At ten, minutes i give my team the heads up I'm gonna abuse mid and carry don't die, i will go help you afterwards.

Also always pick a role you won't lose in lane.

Bans are important, if you are banning keep this in mind, 4 must 2 choice bans. Bans usually go amumu, shen, malph, ali and two of your choice. Take both choice bans if you can so you can play your best summoner with no counter.

LoveRuin

12-28-2012

this is for normals so i don't get much of a choice in my role. my win loss ratio is 440/480 so it's decimalized. Does it change at 500 wins?

acosn

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveRuin View Post
this is for normals so i don't get much of a choice in my role. my win loss ratio is 440/480 so it's decimalized. Does it change at 500 wins?
Don't take blind pick seriously. It's inherently not balanced because you're asking in a game balanced around picks and counter picking to....pick as a team with no idea what the other team has.

LoveRuin

12-29-2012

Except there's a hidden normal elo...