Suggestion: Remove Blind Pick for Normal Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backstacks

05-10-2014

Because of blind pick, team builder just takes so much time. Imagine if the system was 100% team builder, people would be able to play the role/champion they like as well as know which champions they'll be paired up with for their team.

It's virtually impossible to get a full 5-person team for team builder because 80% of the community is blind picking. I'm currently sitting in team builder right now and I've been waiting for 20 mins so far with the constant team disbanding. I don't mind supporting but it would be nice if I could finally play a role of my choice instead of having to deal with the large number of auto-lockers and people complaining about roles.

RandomTShirt

05-14-2014

I removing Blind pick would be good for alot of reasons.
1. Team Builder times do improve.
2. Draft pick is a more strategic game mode, forcing people to learn it will make people better
3. New players who play normal blind pick, will get flooded into team builder, making it a more positive game experience for nearly everyone.
4. There isn't any reason(that I can think of besides queue time) that blind pick would be better then team builder.

On another note, I dislike blind pick, the only time I ever play it is when I'm forced too or I do team builder. So this is kind of biased but with team builder being blind pick there is no reason for a bland game type such as blind pick, hopefully when team builder gets to its final form, this will happen.

Wolfhound353

05-18-2014

I too think Blind Pick should be removed, me being a Teambuilder fan myself, I wonder why Blind Pick still exists... It divides the queues too much, and my friends hate Teambuilder because they see it as a waste of time, so it becomes much harder to get into a Teambuilder with my friends. I don't like Blind Pick because me getting my desired role is never insured, if I don't get the role I want then I end up not doing as well as I could with a desired role, now, I know there is a bit of importance to mastering multiple roles, but I don't always want to play a different role and I think I shouldn't be forced to. Over all I see Blind Pick as a bit toxic and think it should be removed, IMO Teambuilder is a far better queue and is much much less toxic.

Hirok0

05-21-2014

Teambuilder still has issues that blind pick doesn't have.
Except from another post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirok0 View Post
Would like to see these though:

Option to quick fill. Match me with first team available that only needs 1 person, or match my 2/3 with a team that needs 2/3 players. Assign my lane randomly by the standard 1Top 1Mid 1Jung 2Bot. I'll figure out what champion to pick from there.

With the above, introduces another 'problem'. While in lobby, we should be able to change champions still, and summoners/pages/roles/lanes. At this point we already know what role we had planned, but our team comp might not be where we want it, and a simple change of one character could vastly improve things. Perhaps though a switch of lanes if for example your top laner doesn't have experience with the kind of champion needed to compliment your team but can do another role well. Plus, we all have to click that "Ready" button before we can start a match. We aren't going to start a match knowing we have 2 mids locked in when we all agreed to 1. Why not allow us to hammer out our picks before hitting "Ready"?

Add (any role) to role selection and (any lane) to lane selection. A lot of que time is being hung up on what 'role' we choose for our picks. For example, I pick lux bottom lane. I have to decide if I am "Support" or "Mage". We really need some reasonable slack on the picks. Also, who is looking for marksmen top? How about if a 'any role' top joined your game and it was vayne? You might not be opposed to the idea, but you wouldn't ask for that atm because no one is queing it. Please give us this 'fill' option.
and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomTShirt View Post
1. Team Builder times do improve.
2. Draft pick is a more strategic game mode, forcing people to learn it will make people better
3. New players who play normal blind pick, will get flooded into team builder, making it a more positive game experience for nearly everyone.
4. There isn't any reason(that I can think of besides queue time) that blind pick would be better then team builder.
1) Yes they would, but at the cost of people who like blind pick.
2) Yes, it is more strategic, but a lot of people enjoy the kind of games and strategies you see in blind picks. For example, zigs vs zigs mid? Or how you adapt your standard team to a game where your blindly picked opponents went aram style?
3) Uhhh... Doesn't change attitudes. Just time. See #1.
4) See #2, and 1st quote, and use your imagination because i can think of even more reasons still. I would totally be okay with blind 'eventually' being phased out in favor of teambuilder, but that will require changes to teambuilder before I accept it.

imking27

05-21-2014

I would argue though it increases the case of having a bad game when you do blind pick. While I have had some bad exp with team builder I now dont feel like playing. After being able to pick my role and have my masteries set or look up a guide to how to play a certain champ, it is frustrating to have to quickly call then change and then you have teamates who just bought someone and will auto pick that person. Certain desired roles like top mid and adc are going to be called quickly and/or people will just play that way even when you do win the calling battle. So now even though you called mid or whatever you will have a second person mid and lose. Also when learning roles I want to be able to know what I am going into and practice for some games then maybe try a different role. As it is now I usally have to play support or we lose because we have two mid or two non support on bot. While I think learning support is nice I dont want to play it every game or lose games. At least with team builder I can see oh they have two up top or no support and leave with the blind pick cant really leave and draft pick isnt open because I dont have 16 champions. By the time I find 16 that I want to play as by playing the free champions and get the exp I most likely will be already to the stage I can use teambuilder.

LeeYawshee

Recruiter

05-22-2014

I always fill whatever role is needed so blind pick is perfect for me and there are a lot of people like me. Along with that I have gotten HORRIBLE team comps in Team Builder because nobody wanted to play a tank or something silly.

imking27

05-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeYawshee View Post
I always fill whatever role is needed so blind pick is perfect for me and there are a lot of people like me. Along with that I have gotten HORRIBLE team comps in Team Builder because nobody wanted to play a tank or something silly.
Ihave had this happen more often in blind vs team builder also in team builder you can either kick or find another group if you dont like the comp where as it is not easy to leave a blind pick. Also had a game where I said fill but due to people locking in champs while not talking or not knowing other champs you get horrible comps. I think I would be fine with the blind if they made a button to leave and a longer period where I could coordinate who is what so I fill the role. This is why I like team builder better.