So dude I work with is xomplaining about obama and the fiscal cliff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bilbosky

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
I agree paying social security is nothing but an entitlement that is driving America into bankruptcy.

In just 2011 alone, 730 billion was spent on social security entitlement. Think about how much could have been saved.
After all the US government made 2.5 trillion off of social security. Think about how much more the US could get by not paying back social security at all.
As Dobagoh said, the recipients of social security have a right to the money since they've paid into it their entire lives. Sure, I think the program itself sucks, but that can't be helped as it wouldn't be right to completely deny them the benefits that they're entitled to. The fairest way to alter social security would be to slowly phase in changes now so people don't get screwed out of the money they're owed.

The problem we're facing is that social security is ultimately a ponzi scheme that relies on employment growth to outstrip retiree growth to remain viable. Every ponzi scheme eventually collapses, and ours is slowing starting to do so for the reasons i mentioned above.

Dobagoh

12-29-2012

I should convert to Amishism so I don't have to pay it.

Do you guys think it would be amiss if I moved to Pennsylvania, "became Amish" and gg'd the SSA?

Bilbosky

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post

Do you guys think it would be amiss if I moved to Pennsylvania, "became Amish" and gg'd the SSA?
Link Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg

Jaykoboy

12-29-2012

We should nuke DC and re-boot the government.

Get it back to a balanced, non-corporate setting.

ThaBizness

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post

You ever watch that show "Amish Mafia"? Great show. Those goofy ****ers handle they business.

TheFieldMarshal

12-29-2012

Fact: Obama has written 13 executive orders his first time, 12 more than any other president
Fact: 5 of those orders were direct violation of congressional law and consitutional rights, but his "brothers" he put into the supreme court refused to charge him
Fact: Nothing stops obama from writting an executive order to nullify the constitution and make him supreme ruler
Fact: one of his orders superceded congressional ruling of distribution of assets during a backruptcy causing millions of people to lose their retirement during the GM bailout. He saved 3 million jobs to ruin 6 million retirements.
Fact: Romney wasn't a great choice
Fact: This video is 100% true: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bAqdSNuuHI