So dude I work with is xomplaining about obama and the fiscal cliff

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chicago 777

Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
The funny thing is that Obama is from Hawaii.

I told him that too then he went into a conspiracy that obama is from africa and that he lied about being from hawaii that they have proof. I told him if he was from africa and they had proof he wouldnt be president of the usa cause you need to be born here to be president.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiralune

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
]Iran is still on the world map... he did not stop Hurricane Sandy,
Okay, so to you, the President has to be able to nuke Iran off the face of the Earth, and be able to stop the weather itself.

Dam.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chicago 777

Member

12-28-2012

Merica. Lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyrusofIreland

Senior Member

12-28-2012

This is why I don't follow politics, A lot of he said she said, and a lot of the "Material" you can use to research on Candidates could be lies/fake and misleading.

I'm Canadian, I still don't follow my politics. All I know is, Harper is an evil mastermind who is ruining the environment, made us look like giant asses internationally and is Trying to make us America 2.0

Anyway, Whats the big deal about this Fiscal Cliff. Aren't tax rises and cuts good, depending on what they are/for?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bilbosky

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusofIreland View Post
Anyway, Whats the big deal about this Fiscal Cliff. Aren't tax rises and cuts good, depending on what they are/for?
Basic argument all around is that the combination of automatic tax increases and spending reductions in the "fiscal cliff" will cause the economy to tank. I personally want to go over the fiscal cliff and then slap some entitlement reform on top of it, as our mounting debt combined with coming inflation will destroy worldwide faith in the US dollar and bring much worse consequences for our economy than the fiscal cliff will.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbosky View Post
Basic argument all around is that the combination of automatic tax increases and spending reductions in the "fiscal cliff" will cause the economy to tank. I personally want to go over the fiscal cliff and then slap some entitlement reform on top of it, as our mounting debt combined with coming inflation will destroy worldwide faith in the US dollar and bring much worse consequences for our economy than the fiscal cliff will.
Lol "entitlement" reform. Exactly what entitlements are you looking to reform?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bilbosky

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
Lol "entitlement" reform. Exactly what entitlements are you looking to reform?
Social security and medicare of course. People are living longer and the population as a whole is aging so costs are going to rise significantly without any changes. Better to start tackling that problem now as opposed to waiting for it to become a bigger issue. Will anything significant actually get done? Not a chance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbosky View Post
Social security and medicare of course. People are living longer and the population as a whole is aging so costs are going to rise significantly without any changes. Better to start tackling that problem now as opposed to waiting for it to become a bigger issue. Will anything significant actually get done? Not a chance.
It's hilarious that you call programs which people pay into in order to receive benefits therefrom, "entitlements". That's not an "entitlement". That's you getting back the money you earned, which the government took from you and promised to give back later..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bilbosky

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
It's hilarious that you call programs which people pay into in order to receive benefits therefrom, "entitlements". That's not an "entitlement". That's you getting back the money you earned, which the government took from you and promised to give back later..
Yes, you pay money into the program, and therefore have an entitlement to receive benefits from the government in the future. When I call something an entitlement, I mean that people have a right to it for one reason or another, I'm not implying that it's something like welfare.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbosky View Post
Social security and medicare of course. People are living longer and the population as a whole is aging so costs are going to rise significantly without any changes. Better to start tackling that problem now as opposed to waiting for it to become a bigger issue. Will anything significant actually get done? Not a chance.
I agree paying social security is nothing but an entitlement that is driving America into bankruptcy.

In just 2011 alone, 730 billion was spent on social security entitlement. Think about how much could have been saved.
After all the US government made 2.5 trillion off of social security. Think about how much more the US could get by not paying back social security at all.


123