Solo Top Fiddle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

12-27-2012

Let's say the enemy picked malphite solo top. Would fiddlesticks be viable against a solo top that lacks a stun? I think he could work. He has cc a silence a sustain move an ultimate that he can jump out of a bush with dealing a lot of damage and gets great farm being solo top.

Thoughts before I give it a try?

RailX

Recruiter

12-27-2012

true he has crowd control but he wont get his jump abilitity until level 6 which kinda has a long cool down. fiddles is very squishy you can try to heal but on top they will slaughter you since he casts. i dont think topping with him would be best at all. you would have to build to sustain the melee attackers and he is AP so there are not many items that do both. you would be at a disadvantage from the start

Elchulus

12-27-2012

First, if anyone else attacks you, you die. Instantaneously. Fiddlesticks is extremely squishy and I imagine he'd probably get screwed by ganks.

That being said, as long the enemy doesn't have reliable hard cc, you should be fine. Malphite has a knockup on his ult, so you have to be careful post-6.

Shesocold

12-27-2012

He isn't too squishy if you start with an RoA and proceed to build Tanky AP items and as long as they can't 100 to 0 you you can drain the health back that comes from harrass and you have a fear for disengage your E for easy harrass and the ultimate would be to surprise a jungler waiting to gank from a warded bush or to initiate from a bush onto a weak enemy. As for malphite's knock up sure it disrupts drain but I think it's well over a minute cooldown compared to fiddlestick's drain under 10 seconds.
Ideas on this build?
-Sorcerer's shoes
-RoA
-Abyssal Scepter
-Zhonya's Hourglass
-The upgraded haunting guise (forgot the name lol)
-Rabadon's Deathcap
In no particular order
I could see needing more armor and possibly substituting an armor or hp item instead of the upgraded haunting guise thing. Picking up flat armor seals would definitely help as well.
Also Fiddlestick's passive could persuade a solo top to open with a null magic mantle to counter his passive giving them less money for pots etc.

Thorston13

12-27-2012

MMm im thinking about the same stuff the guys above said, but, there is a chance...

Get tanky AP runes, something like magic pen marks, armor seals and a mix of armor and mr for glyps and AP for Quints with 9/21/0 masteries and rush RoA/Rylais/banshee/GA/maybe a Liandrys and learn to last hit with crow or with aa and how to fight the brusiers, if they don't have any cc that stops your drain you should be fine.

At least is worth a try

IdleAltruism

12-27-2012

Fiddlesticks is a hard counter to vlad and less conventional tops (like Katarina)

For the love of god don't pick him against a stronger top laner with any sort of stun/interupt.

If you want to use him as a hard counter, by all means go for it. As others have mentioned he's a sitting duck for strong ganks, but his silence/fear can get him out of a lot of sticky situations combined with flash. Just be super cautious when it's down.

Shesocold

12-27-2012

He's by no means strong but imagine this. You're facing TSM you have first pick and pick fiddlesticks. If they have a solo top like vlad or malph or katarina you just countered their solo top assuming the fiddle is good enough to lane against TSM. Also you could leave Ryze unbanned which I believe is one of Reginald's stronger picks, and if he picks him you just countered him. And if none of that happens you now have your jungler who may be subpar but if fiddle works top then at that high level they'll know about it essentially keeping out most unconventional tops and malph as well as mid Ryze.

Edit: after talking about this it seems like a decent idea so I'm going to try it in some scrims and maybe put up a video on twitch.tv

Thorston13

12-28-2012

Build resistance+Magic Pen first, 4th item go for actual AP.
Something no one ever does on fid is Revolver+Rylais, that with your ult+crows+drain and you never die...

Ronyk

12-28-2012

I believe Fiddlesticks could solo top effectively against an opponent with no pre6 cc so long as he kept his fear on hand to avoid ganks.

Worth trying. Let us know how it goes.