Why do you cook for yourself at home?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStereo View Post
Cook for myself? Why, my monocle flew right off my face when I read that.
Did your top hat spin around on your head in a cartoonish fashion?

Mine did.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Valid Reasons.
-People enjoy it.
-Survival Skills.
-Cheaper. (Even if restaurants cater to all prices ranges they still need o make money and pay labor, aka cost more).
-Habit. Cooking dinner may be apart of someone routine of night like showering.
-Tradition. Certain recipes may be traditional to make a certain occasions, i.e. whenever we have a family dinner my grandmother makes a specific dessert.
-Boredom. Could be used to kill free time.
-Courting. Cooking a meal for someone is often considered a romantic gesture.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Valid Reasons.
-People enjoy it.
-Survival Skills.
-Cheaper. (Even if restaurants cater to all prices ranges they still need o make money and pay labor, aka cost more).
-Habit. Cooking dinner may be apart of someone routine of night like showering.
-Tradition. Certain recipes may be traditional to make a certain occasions, i.e. whenever we have a family dinner my grandmother makes a specific dessert.
-Boredom. Could be used to kill free time.
-Courting. Cooking a meal for someone is often considered a romantic gesture.

I'll cook you a homemade meal, with a glass of Red wine and serve you homemade Pie and Icecream for dessert!

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusofIreland View Post
I'll cook you a homemade meal, with a glass of Red wine and serve you homemade Pie and Icecream for dessert!
Sounds yummy .

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Sounds yummy .

It would be my pleasure.

I love to cook and I don't expect anything in return, because unlike most guys, I'm nice for the sake of nice, not some hidden agenda!!!

Anyway,

Yay food

c4lm

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
Not sure if troll
Don't worry, we know you're not sure.

ThaBizness

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusofIreland View Post
It would be my pleasure.

I love to cook and I don't expect anything in return, because unlike most guys, I'm nice for the sake of nice, not some hidden agenda!!!
Three months later: CyrusofIreland - "guys I'm in the friendzone with this big chick and I don't know how I got there or how to get out"

CyrusofIreland

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
Three months later: CyrusofIreland - "guys I'm in the friendzone with this big chick and I don't know how I got there or how to get out"

I like the Friendzone in all honesty.

Mere Intricacy

12-28-2012

Quote:
Because there was any other option with me being in Australia.

Casus125

12-28-2012

Quote:
A popular thread theme is food and what someone cooked that day or ate at home. I never got this as there is no point cooking your food yourself.

I have seen people say "I like my food better" but this is stupid because you are not a better cook than a professional chef at a Michelin star restaruant.

Maybe you don't want to leave the house. Most good restaruants will send an assistant chef to your house to cater. They make your dinner in your kitchen and even make you extra for the week.

You don't like the way a place makes certian things? You can tell them to make it another way. Most restaruants allow you to send a recipie of exactly how you want it cooked and even placed on your plate when you arrive or ahead of time. In fact almost all places will allow you to order off menu.

Don't like the wait? Call ahead of time.

There isn't a reason I can think of to cook your own food with the exception that you enjoy cooking.

Can anyone give me another legitimate reason?
I may not be better than a professional chef at a Michelin star restaurant, that is correct. However, having worked in a restaurant, I feel quite confident that I AM on par with a line cook, which going to be the vast majority of the folks actually preparing my food.

Purchasing a good caterer could literally buy me groceries for several months. Purchasing a bad caterer will be throwing my money away. Either way, it's a losing proposition.

Or, rather than a picky, irritating, customer, I can just make it how I like it, without having to worry weather or not they remembered that I don't really like grilled onions.

Cost is almost exclusively the entire reason to cook. It's just not very economically viable to eat out all the time.

Why order a $10 pizza from Pizza Hut when I can buy 2 digorno's for $10 that are of rough equivalent quality.

Why spend $50 on a decent steak dinner, when I could buy an even greater cut of steak, and get the same sides but in larger portions for $10-15?

Why pay somebody else to cook the same canned vegetables and frozen meat that I can buy myself for a fraction of the cost?

You're arguments sound like a rich spoiled kid who doesn't get that life costs money tbh.