Why do you cook for yourself at home?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anguibus

12-27-2012

I enjoy cooking, and my food tends to be both better and the servings larger than what I'd get at the average restaraunt.

But the real reason? I save so much damn money it's ridiculous. Are you honestly comparing a home cooked meal that costs a few dollars to a Michelin Star restaraunt that will be charging 30+ dollars for an appetizer? As a college student, I'm not exactly rich, and spending about 30-40 dollars a week on food is a blessing I could never have if I didn't cook.

ThaBizness

12-27-2012

Ok, as I have stated in every response "a legitimate reason besides enjoying to cook".

Your food isn't better than an established restaruant with an established chef. If they are selling the same thing you make for more, they are better.

also I already said you can tell them how to make your food exactly so you "know whats going in to your body"

ThaBizness

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
What? Quality restaurants will send an assistant chef to your location to personally cater to you at every price range?

Not sure if troll or just exceptionally stupid. Getting quality food from restaurants on a daily basis would be a huge waste of money.
Yes. They will.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
Ok, as I have stated in every response "a legitimate reason besides enjoying to cook".

Your food isn't better than an established restaruant with an established chef. If they are selling the same thing you make for more, they are better.

also I already said you can tell them how to make your food exactly so you "know whats going in to your body"
My food to me, tastes better than what I can get in a restaurant. Its matter of opinion. I love the way my food tastes, so do my family and friends. They prefer my cooking over restaurants. I don't care if a High end top tier master fancy pants chef can cook better than me. I like my food more, I like not having to spend 20+ Dollars at a restaurant. I'd rather make a nice, homecooked meal, even if it takes me over an hour+ to make it, because I did it, I put the effort in it to make it, that is why I prefer home cooking.

I cooked it, its my meal, It's my food I cooked. Not someone elses. Mine.

Deconstructor32

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusofIreland View Post
My food to me, tastes better than what I can get in a restaurant. Its matter of opinion. I love the way my food tastes, so do my family and friends. They prefer my cooking over restaurants. I don't care if a High end top tier master fancy pants chef can cook better than me. I like my food more, I like not having to spend 20+ Dollars at a restaurant. I'd rather make a nice, homecooked meal, even if it takes me over an hour+ to make it, because I did it, I put the effort in it to make it, that is why I prefer home cooking.

I cooked it, its my meal, It's my food I cooked. Not someone elses. Mine.
You should have realized by now he is completely full of **** and you are wasting your time even talking to him.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon View Post
You should have realized by now he is completely full of **** and you are wasting your time even talking to him.
Yeah I know, but im playing pokemon and he's mildly entertaining me

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Entertaining

Better ingredient quality/variety

More thrifty

Few restaurants around here

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiou View Post
Entertaining

Better ingredient quality/variety

More thrifty

Few restaurants around here

~~gives Mango~~

health conscience nut

^That should be Conscious

ThaBizness

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon View Post
He's trying to legitimately answer a legitimate question

Not everyone is a complete bitch on this board and is afraid to answer a question.

I don't agree with most of his answers but I respect him for trying.

JStereo

12-27-2012

Cook for myself? Why, my monocle flew right off my face when I read that.