Why do you cook for yourself at home?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

12-27-2012

A popular thread theme is food and what someone cooked that day or ate at home. I never got this as there is no point cooking your food yourself.

I have seen people say "I like my food better" but this is stupid because you are not a better cook than a professional chef at a Michelin star restaruant.

Maybe you don't want to leave the house. Most good restaruants will send an assistant chef to your house to cater. They make your dinner in your kitchen and even make you extra for the week.

You don't like the way a place makes certian things? You can tell them to make it another way. Most restaruants allow you to send a recipie of exactly how you want it cooked and even placed on your plate when you arrive or ahead of time. In fact almost all places will allow you to order off menu.

Don't like the wait? Call ahead of time.

There isn't a reason I can think of to cook your own food with the exception that you enjoy cooking.

Can anyone give me another legitimate reason?

Quision

12-27-2012

Survival skill

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Because I like my own food, I like to know what goes into it, and because I like seeing my families reactions to a good home cooked meal. They use too much frozen stuff in some restaurants. Also, I don't have the money to be spending on expensive outings, hell, even IF i did, i'd still prefer to make food at home, from scratch, instead of being lazy and getting someone else to cook for me.

Cooking for ones self is fun, a good skill to have, and relaxing.

Nothing like making an awesome pie where the crust tastes like a chocolate bar...om nom

ThaBizness

12-27-2012

I like my own food - not a legitimate reason, I already said why

You can tell them what to put in it. As I said you can give them your own recipies

showing off in front of your family may be an ok reason.

Good restaruants use fresh ingredients.

There are good restaruants in every price range. Doesn't matter what kind of food it is because you can order off menu.

Survival skill is the only legitimate answer so far.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

~~shrug~~ I prefer to cook my food, Don't care if people can do it better, I'll still do it. I enjoy it, its relaxing and fun.

I'm sorry you can't cook, or are too inept to cook for yourself that you need to be shocked that people like to cook food.

Mista Jangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

I don't cook very often. I enjoy it, just not something I can commit to doing on a regular basis. My food is often times better than what restaurants have to offer because I know exactly what I'm putting into my body. Not to mention its healthier.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomine View Post
I don't cook very often. I enjoy it, just not something I can commit to doing on a regular basis. My food is often times better than what restaurants have to offer because I know exactly what I'm putting into my body. Not to mention its healthier.
What this person said. You get a cookie.

ThaBizness

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusofIreland View Post
~~shrug~~ I prefer to cook my food, Don't care if people can do it better, I'll still do it. I enjoy it, its relaxing and fun.

I'm sorry you can't cook, or are too inept to cook for yourself that you need to be shocked that people like to cook food.
Enjoying to cook and and finding cooking relaxing are legitimate answers. I wanted legitimate answers besides that.

I can pretty much do anything I want. I could teach myself how to be a master chef in a few months.

Kodoku

12-27-2012

What? Quality restaurants will send an assistant chef to your location to personally cater to you at every price range?

Not sure if troll or just exceptionally stupid. Getting quality food from restaurants on a daily basis would be a huge waste of money.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
Enjoying to cook and and finding cooking relaxing are legitimate answers. I wanted legitimate answers besides that.

I can pretty much do anything I want. I could teach myself how to be a master chef in a few months.
Because I can make a delicious meal for under 15$, which is healthy and delicious.

Which turns out to be 7.50$ Each, for my dad and I, with enough left overs for the next day.

That is why, I also don't cook to impress my family, I cook to make them happy.