The TRUTH About "Elo hell"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L3ft

12-27-2012

The thing about elo hell is that... League of legends is a team game, and if your team sucks... It's over, I'm sorry one person isn't going to be able to carry an entire team.

Kalmageddon667

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I*******I View Post
Yeah... tell me how to get out of elohell with afkrs at everygame and people that can varely turn on their computers.... just tell me!...

This is like defending pedofiles and rapers because they need to rape and it is just natural...
I don't see how informing people of how to improve themselves is anything like defending someone for rape. You should take a deductive reasoning class.

As for this post in general, I agree. People need to learn that while their team may be doing poorly, they aren't playing perfectly, and if they want to be with the diamond leagues, they have to play like one.

sonofagunscoobyd

12-27-2012

woah

SCNA Reagan

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I*******I View Post
Yeah... tell me how to get out of elohell with afkrs at everygame and people that can varely turn on their computers.... just tell me!...

This is like defending pedofiles and rapers because they need to rape and it is just natural...
its called same elo it evens out the bads are on both teams not allways your team if your good enough you can carry yourself out. end of discussion

OuityDrood

12-28-2012

@omg noobs make me in elo hell wtf.

I was 600 elo before the soft reset. Long story short, I wasn't a happy camper. I played better than my friends at 1400 elo, but I just couldn't get out, in fact, I kept sinking. Then I realized one of the most important concepts of this game. In order to get elo, you have to play to get better, not to win. You can go on and on about how noobs and feeders get you stuck, but the fact is I made it from 600 elo to 900 elo in about 3 weeks. Now, I am up to about 1130 elo, and still climbing the rungs. I can tell you for a fact that even though people AFK, and there are just those games where nothing goes right, those are "outliers" and in the course of your ranked games, it should average out, no, it WILL average out to your skill level.

If you're in a terrible elo, you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

Vrykonik

12-28-2012

Statistically speaking all you have to do to gain ELO is not lose the games you're supposed to win and win a single game where you'd normally have lost. To blame OTHERS for you not winning the games you're "supposed" to win due to ELO difference of enemy players you lose it. That isn't your team's fault as you are supposed to win regardless because your players no matter how bad are better than the opposing side. If you lose that game, you ARE the difference. So you prevent that from happening, win all the games you're supposed to and win 1-2 more and you start climbing. You don't have to win all your games, just don't lose the games you're supposed to win. That is how ELO works. Think of it like baseball... you have to play hundreds of games for your rating to average out and find out if you belong in the playoffs. If you haven't managed to rise to the top during that time... well you're just not as good as the people around you who do.

Best Novi NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

This is a great post, and it will be shared with everyone I know, thank you.

MastrLuigi

12-30-2012

When I first started ranked I had a leaver on my team 9 straight games in a row, with no leavers on the enemy tea. I know 4v5's are winnable but that generally doesn't happen. Needless to say, my elo took a nose dive.

MilkMullet

12-30-2012

My biggest screwup has been constantly doing normals on a huge losing streak. It's gotten me from a fairly decent number of wins above losses to an almost negative W/L. Can't say none of them were my fault, 'cuz about half of them I wasn't good enough and some were genuinely well-played. Some, though, were just thrown by baddies or feeders+leavers and I couldn't do a damn thing about it. All I can do is try later :l

ChiSqrd

12-30-2012

If I do well in my lane, and the rest of my team either doesn't or is **** at teamfighting, then it's obviously my teammates fault. One person can only carry so hard.