Sejuani viable jungle S3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Wafflz

12-27-2012

Hey all,

I have been playing Sejuani in ranked lately, still in lower ELO's, but she has been working very well for me.
My main question is does anyone higher than a 1200 ELO use her and if so what's your normal strategy?
My general build order is as follows:

Machete => Spirit Stone => Boots => Spirit of Golems => Ninja tabi => Warmogs => Runic Bulwark => situational

For skills I generally start out with her W, grab a point in Q second, then spam level her E for maximized gank potential, then level W second and Q last. Taking ult whenever i can.

General Gank:
Initiate with Q, drop E and W if i hit with Q, stick to them for DoT.

General Teamfight:
Throw Ult, drop E and W, use Q to catch stragglers.

I realize this build does require her to rely heavily on her Ult for team fights, but she has worked well for me as a jungler thus far. I have been able to lane her as a support to some carries but I really don't recommend it unless you are a pre-made lane that will be using voice chat.

Any sejuani players have any ideas, suggestions, comments on this strategy?

acosn

12-27-2012

On paper Sej isn't that good, and in practice she's great as soon as you find a team that knows how to utilize a character that's virtually impossible to disengage from. Which is to say, not in pub games.

Rushing Warmogg's is a bad idea, period.

Its only a good item on characters who can convert HP into workable stats, and Sej can't do that at an effective ratio. Someone like Olaf converts it into raw AD, and it's a resource he consumes to use spells, and it lets him ride out his passive more effectively.

Sej just has some of her damage scale to HP. And it's still a lot of gold to invest in pure HP. A more balanced approach to survivability is in order.

Get a philosepher's stone. GP5 is still useful, especially for a character with weak farm potential, and shurelia's is a huge boon on Sej. The natural thing to group a character who's hard to disengage from, is giving her an item that grants an AOE MS steroid.

Aegis is a good item to get early, but you don't want to mindlessly rush a bulwark.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Sejuani is actually very strong in the current version of the game, if you build her right. Any jungle champ that benefits from stacking hp (Mundo, Shen, Sej) is very strong right now since armor pen/magic pen got buffed. I play her in ranked, but only in very specific situations (she's great against champs like Anivia and Jarvan with walls cuz of her Q). Mainly because other champs are better, but she's still a solid pick if those champs are banned out.

So it depends on the enemy team comp and your own.

Kvoth3

12-28-2012

I like her. Haven't ranked too much with her, but with a stun mid lane (annie, malz, etc) or even in another lane (ashe, etc) she is legit. Ganks are easy with other stunners, and ulting on a stunned/snared target is great synergy.

STKuja

12-28-2012

She's better than people think. As the season goes on I think she'll see more play