why are normals so stupid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashen Paige

12-27-2012

now im not mad about losing or anything, a loss is a loss no matter how you look at it, my problem is the lack of general 3s knowledge across the board in normals (since nobody has made a team or accepted me in serious team i have to make due). it feels like everyone is still stuck in that 2 bot 1 top meta that only works with certain comps and doesnt get that theres other viable comps.

yes, playing as a jungler is totally a fine thing to do and should NEVER be sneered at. having map control and the ability to make all lanes a 2v1 or 2v2 is awesome. the way i see it, if you play 3s alot, you should already be familiar with the viable comps and know how to play the game, but right now it feels like nobody really knows how to play TT when they play normals. there should be more knowledge out there.

Bobinatorlol

12-27-2012

Stop looking at normals as a win or lose game and start looking at it as a way to improve individual skill. Besides that honestly what do you get for a win over a loss? Like 40 or so extra ip? Nothing to lose any sleep over.

Ashen Paige

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinatorlol View Post
Stop looking at normals as a win or lose game and start looking at it as a way to improve individual skill. Besides that honestly what do you get for a win over a loss? Like 40 or so extra ip? Nothing to lose any sleep over.
couldnt that be said of anything you do in LoL? and yes i do look at it as a win or lose game till i find a serious team to play with as well as improve my overall jungling skill with other champs besides Xin ( I FINALLY DIDNT SUCK AS MUNDO!!! YAY!!).

raksonraksonraks

12-27-2012

riot doesnt support 3s. so good luck with that.

i started a 3s team with some irl friends, and 1 thing that gets me is that people still run flash... like why? i had to tell my friends over and over to stop running flash in 3s, yet 1 still runs ghost/flash in 3s even though i carry our games hard everytime without flash/ghost. what does flash do in 3s? it does nothing... theres no reason not to run 2 summ spells that aid in fights.

and in normals... dont even get me started, i've actually been bashed for not running flash. and i generally run fizz in 3s(im pretty sure he is sleeper) so his jungling isnt the best early game, but hte lack of people who jungle in 3s when theyre easy jungle champs amazes me. no you dont need smite... but theres no reason to have 2 in a lane in new 3s, i dont really care about the "comp" you are losing out on xp and gold there is NO COMP that shouldnt have 1 person in the jungle.

Hoisengerd

12-27-2012

i love how everybody still runs to the mid bushes for no apparent reason other than to get killed

Ashen Paige

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoisengerd View Post
i love how everybody still runs to the mid bushes for no apparent reason other than to get killed
yeah, i know, i dont know why i even do it either but like everyone has said before, it was a tradition back int he old TT days. i still wish they didnt move the altar activation to 3 minutes though. dueling bushes for altars wasnt all that bad.

Bobinatorlol

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Paige View Post
and yes i do look at it as a win or lose game till i find a serious team .
Well keep on getting frustrated then.

BloodraiderX

12-27-2012

how many normals 3s have you done after the wins reset and map change? i have near 200+ and i have seen some crazy games =)

Keep at it

Bobinatorlol

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodraiderX View Post
how many normals 3s have you done after the wins reset and map change?t
Close to 800 on this account. and ~ 100 on other accounts. TOO MUCH

Rumination

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Paige View Post
now im not mad about losing or anything, a loss is a loss no matter how you look at it, my problem is the lack of general 3s knowledge across the board in normals (since nobody has made a team or accepted me in serious team i have to make due). it feels like everyone is still stuck in that 2 bot 1 top meta that only works with certain comps and doesnt get that theres other viable comps.

yes, playing as a jungler is totally a fine thing to do and should NEVER be sneered at. having map control and the ability to make all lanes a 2v1 or 2v2 is awesome. the way i see it, if you play 3s alot, you should already be familiar with the viable comps and know how to play the game, but right now it feels like nobody really knows how to play TT when they play normals. there should be more knowledge out there.
If someone else has already answered your question properly, then so be it, I don't feel like reading the entirety of this thread atm. I shall provide a "TL ; DR" for those who are of like mind.

Normals are stupid for a variety of reasons.

1: They're normals. No one gives two ****s about normals. If you actually care about winning or losing a normal on ANY map, then you're a tryhard nerd who needs to go outside. Being a tryhard nerd myself, I only care about losses in ranked. Yes, I know, irony.

2: 3v3 has been a complete ****show since its inception. You have to understand, RIOT makes all their money off of Summoner's Rift. That's the map most people play, that's the map that all the big tournaments take place on, etc. They do not balance champions for 3v3, they balance for 5v5. Also, it would be incredibly difficult to balance a champion to be equally strong on a small 3v3 map as well as a larger 5v5 map. The logistics of movement alone make this essentially impossible in my opinion.

3: Building upon the previous issue of champion balancing, 3v3 is a completely different size and shape of map, and it has a differing number of total players at any given time. This essentially pisses in the face of the meta-game that has developed and balanced around on 5v5. This ultimately means that champions who are generally thought of as being somewhat less than desirable on 5v5 can absolutely ruin someone's face on 3v3. Poppy used to be a prime example of this until the TT map was turned into the new Shadow Isles map. Now she doesn't seem to fit well into the newly developing meta as far as I can tell, though I could be wrong

4: There is no normal draft mode on TT (Twisted Treeline.) Thus, you have the likes of Singed, Jax, and Olaf running amok, completely unchecked in our beloved Blind Pick normals. Ordinarily, on 5v5, you wouldn't really be TOO bothered by the presence of any of those 3 champions, however on TT, they will tear your face off if played by good players. They are 3 of the most commonly banned champions in ranked 3v3.

TL ; DR: Champions are balanced around Summoner's Rift and its meta-game. It would be a tall order to balance champions for 5v5 and 3v3, nigh impossible even. Due to this fact, there are many champions who while not a real issue on 5v5, are completely out of control on 3v3 due to the fact that they have been balanced for 5v5, and not 3v3. These champions need to be banned, in order to even have a chance at a civilized normal game, but normal 3v3 has no draft mode. Also Normals are normals, and most people (myself included) do not take them seriously AT ALL.