Before you buy a "Gaming Laptop"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetjusthappened View Post
I don't play designer games, but do tell which game requires more than 4gb ram

Far Cry 3? it requires 6 I think.

HerpinMcDerpin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikyre View Post
What you fail to realize is some people have friends and jobs in real life which they like to play with in person. Having a high performance laptop allows for easy transportation and easy clean up. Its the portability that makes them great. I cannot lug 25lbs of computer hardware into my luggage and fly to my hotel room and play league of legends like that. I have had friends who bring over full computers and set them up in my house and take up so much room and cause issues with plugs etc. I find it easier to have a ok computer that i can bring anywhere and have access to my games at almost anytime i want to play not just at home.

Currently using an outdated Gameing laptop and i am still happy with it. It is 3.5 years old and has severe heating issues but i can play league of legends well.
youve never been to a lan party, and you must be ballin on that hotel wifi!

Empyrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Sorry, forgot to say that my job is 25-30% travel. I travel 1000miles and stay at those locations for extended periods. It is not conductive for me to have a full desktop with me. Again going over friends houses make it great too. Better to hang out with friends and play a game, than to play a game with friends.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
youve never been to a lan party, and you must be ballin on that hotel wifi!

Niether have I, I mostly only do Single Player games, LoL and WoW are the only MMO's I play. I only have one or two friends whom I do co op with.

Loner powers, for the win.

All you people have friends, I'm jealous.

HerpinMcDerpin

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusofIreland View Post
Far Cry 3? it requires 6 I think.
Yea it does, I still have to open ram slots though. If I was into it (which farcry 1 was badass) then I'd spend 50 bucks to upgrade to 8 gigs

Empyrius

12-27-2012

i get 3-4 mbps usually at the hotel i stay at. used to lan party with xboxs only really. Most things can be done over the internet otherwise.

CyrusofIreland

12-27-2012

Quote:
Yea it does, I still have to open ram slots though. If I was into it (which farcry 1 was badass) then I'd spend 50 bucks to upgrade to 8 gigs

i despised Far cry 1, ugh

HerpinMcDerpin

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikyre View Post
i get 3-4 mbps usually at the hotel i stay at. used to lan party with xboxs only really. Most things can be done over the internet otherwise.
We had a lan center nearby that did "lockins" from 4 pm to 6 am halo 2 tourneys BYOXBox....those were the days

Empyrius

12-27-2012

used to have a store with lanned computers for counterstike source, battlefield, modernwarfare and a bunch of other games. closed after two years but man was so fun

HerpinMcDerpin

12-27-2012

Bump FYI