Would you be interested in purchasing visual "gear" upgrades to skins?

Yes. 204 43.97%
No. 65 14.01%
Maybe, I would like to see/read some examples first. 195 42.03%
Voters: 464. You may not vote on this poll

Skin Design Concept - Upgradable Tiers [Dat Parrot]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gillrien

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masmurdurah View Post
Would you pay for small visual enhancements to the models of your favorite champs?

Think if Ezreals base skin was PFE at lvl 1. You could pay # RP to get PFE level 6, 11 or 16. This would be opposed to buying a completely different theme for Ez.

To further elaborate; here is your friendly neighborhood Parrotman -

----------------------------------------------
What are your thoughts? Some examples would be cool too. Here is mine:

Personally, I like Vi's base skin more than her RP skin. If there was an option to purchase a small upgrade to add some extra shockwaves when she punched and a little extra layer of armor to her body/legs I'd be all over it. Call it "HeaVIweight" or some orther obnoxious pun and we would be good to go.
I was actually talking about this exact thing with my friend a few days ago. I really love her skin, but there's no way I can buy it since her default represents its own unique and awesome theme.

Another way I would love to see this implemented would be through the mia Achievement section, maybe win --- games with hero and unlock the ability to use / buy the next level of the skin, so if you see for example level 16 PFE tier skin you know they've won a lot with that hero and they have something cool to show off.

Agg

12-28-2012

Upvoted for 'heaVIweight"

Masmurdurah

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpderMan View Post
ok lets say i want garen to have a full arm metal gauntlet on his non sword arm, or fiora shoulder thing to have the demacian logo/colors, would a small addition like that be feasible?
or are we talking strictly re colors
No, you got it. Not a recolor at all.

Garnen isnt already 99% armored? lol, maybe giving him a helemt to prevent getting dunked would suffice?

Or as another example: giving Trynd a full set of armor... but keeping the theme of his original skin, still.

I dont always wear armor; but when I do, its only on my head and left shoulder.

Masmurdurah

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillrien View Post
I was actually talking about this exact thing with my friend a few days ago. I really love her skin, but there's no way I can buy it since her default represents its own unique and awesome theme.

Another way I would love to see this implemented would be through the mia Achievement section, maybe win --- games with hero and unlock the ability to use / buy the next level of the skin, so if you see for example level 16 PFE tier skin you know they've won a lot with that hero and they have something cool to show off.
Unlockable tiers through acheivements? Not a bad idea. Would motivate people to perform, without a doubt. One of my IRL friends went ultra tryhard mode in ranked to get the Season 2 Janna skin, so I can see unlockables being legit.

Masmurdurah

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDarkDreXx View Post
I originally posted this in another thread. But this thread seems more relevant.

@IronStylus

Why not have something like this. Sort of on the Pulsefire Ezreal state . You buy a skin that basically is your level 6 upgrade of your deafult skin. Then you can buy the next tier which upgrades your character at level 11, then level 16. Of course the prices would have to be in a good range. Basically it's just how strong your character starts go get the more pieces of the final costume are put together. Even things like for AD carries lets say. Achieve 150 ad. Their weapon look gets enhanced. For tanks and bruisers achieve 100 Armour or Magic Resist their armour look gets enhanced. Mages would be the same with the whole AP and whatever their weapon or magic style is used gets enhanced.

And note by enhanced I mean the look just changes.

So whaddaya think?
Interesting, as well. Although I can see it producting in-game issues with folks who may be a little too casual. (I am this way in normals.)

"Their lux is 1 shotting me and I should by this harry-potter cloak, but... if I get this yellow book my staff is gonna look so badass..."

Masmurdurah

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStyle View Post
Obnoxious pun? I thought that was clever
<3

"Sona is so'nnoying. Get it? So... annoying? Sona? Like... the her name and being botherd by her poke?! GET IT?!"

Ill be here all weekend.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I would need to see examples because this could be either awesome or a wreck.

Taria05

12-28-2012

Here's what I think:
Giving everyone a baseline and hand picking different "levels" where the skin becomes more "awesome" is an unpleasant concept. People will fill as if Riot is just coming up with an excuse to create sub-par skin and tack on a higher price.

However, if you could somehow choose to upgrade skings by purchasing a different theme that can be applied to any of the skins for that character, then you get a whole new level of customization. Imagine if you could have a nice retro nottingham ezreal who fires out awesomely fancy PFE particles? Or even has armor upgrades stacking on top of the original skin?

This would likely require a huge amount of work upfront to set up, but I'm sure that if enough people fell in love with an idea like this Riot wouldn't mind seeing it into fruition.

Masmurdurah

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lihdlginzo View Post
i'm all over this, both metaphorically and sexually.
ಠ_ಠ

Swerto

12-28-2012

Examples.

if they're minor upgrades in appearance they need to be appropriately priced, around 200 RP or so.