Would you be interested in purchasing visual "gear" upgrades to skins?

Yes. 204 43.97%
No. 65 14.01%
Maybe, I would like to see/read some examples first. 195 42.03%
Voters: 464. You may not vote on this poll

Skin Design Concept - Upgradable Tiers [Dat Parrot]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Comatose

12-27-2012

If this works out, I hope they make a special tab in the store for these skins and make the normal ones too, so more variety

Also if it was like pfe, I think the "base" skin is way too ugly. Only the lv16 look looks nice to me

Redeemed In Fire

12-27-2012

It depends I think. I would be very against the Dota style "pay 2 bucks for a new hairdo" but I'd definitely be interested in something like 520 RP for a solid skin upgrade.

SpderMan

12-27-2012

ok lets say i want garen to have a full arm metal gauntlet on his non sword arm, or fiora shoulder thing to have the demacian logo/colors, would a small addition like that be feasible?
or are we talking strictly re colors

- SpderMan so i can actually find this thread later

r4zEn

12-27-2012

BUMP. This is interesting.

Seven Score

12-27-2012

No no no no.

Let's please not turn this into a game where we buy cheap accessories. When I buy a skin it's a meaningful decision. I would not like to have that turned into "Oh gee, I guess I'll spend 150 RP on shoes for Lulu."

Redeemed In Fire

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpderMan View Post
- SpderMan so i can actually find this thread later
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...huser=SpderMan

Prkl8r

12-27-2012

Again I like this idea (as i presented it) but my thought on this is a complete outfit change that maintains the style and stays close to the colors of the classic skin for like 520 RP. Not just taking the default model and putting a few extra shoulder pads and leg-guards but you can still see the original skin underneath. I mean i guess you could do that but I personally wouldn't pay more than 175 RP for anything like that probably.

Sol Badguy

12-27-2012

This is actually basically like Dota's approach of cosmetic item swaps and stuff. Can your models even do this, Iron? I mean, I love that system.

Fongletto

12-27-2012

Voted no; Reasons I posted in the original thread but I'll quickly re-iterate.

Riot already releases skins slowly. If I have to choose between having more skins but less quality more often. I choose better quality less often.

Secondly, if riot does have the extra staff to make this happen without it affecting normal skin release times and quality very much. I'd prefer they spend that extra time on community released skins.

In a perfect world it'd be great, but you can't have one without sacrificing the other.

Ecclessian

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prkl8r View Post
Again I like this idea (as i presented it) but my thought on this is a complete outfit change that maintains the style and stays close to the colors of the classic skin for like 520 RP. Not just taking the default model and putting a few extra shoulder pads and leg-guards but you can still see the original skin underneath. I mean i guess you could do that but I personally wouldn't pay more than 175 RP for anything like that probably.
this sounds about right. lots of little upgrades to the original skin would be preferable imo to a single small piece that might not be noticeable.

some examples of names would be "Garen+" or...dare I say it? "Teen Annie"