Elo Hell Believers, please visit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swooshter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youshroom View Post
I just
Then I got back on my account, started watching streams, and got my account from 900 elo to 1440 elo. Oh yeah, trust me, I'm definitely not gold material yet, because I'm down to 1250 elo now. I concede that. However, I got to 1440 elo because of all luck right?
This is where your logic fails. If you are (by your own words) and mid 1200 elo player, how did you get the 1440? Luck. Sure, there was some skill involved, but you probably got matched with a good team (or matched against a bad team). Because lets face it, if you were that good, you would have been able to stay in 1400s elo. But, because you got lucky during some of the matches, you raised to an elo higher than you should have been.

If that is true, cant the opposite be true as well? This game is a balance of luck and skill. Luck in who your teammates and enemy are and skill in how you play it based on that luck. The reason elo hell exists, is because at the lower elos, luck is a much greater factor in the game than skill.

Youshroom

12-27-2012

Then you forgot the main component to what I said. I knew if I said that some people would use it against me -_-.

I barely touched 1440 elo and now im 1250 elo. People who complain about elo hell are the people who are in 800 elo, not just briefly touch it and bounce back up to 1100 elo. I know your skill is the deciding factor in the long run over hundreds of game, as it always balances up to your deserved elo range.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

If anything his brief spike proves there is no elo hell. If it was easier in the 1400s he would not have fallen back down to his current elo. Luck has no real place in determining your true elo. After enough games you will be where you belong.

sepetaiya

12-28-2012

thats exactly it, it depends on the luck with exactly how good your teamates are whether you have enough personal skill to get a win out of that particular game or not. and each game would therefore require a different personal skill level to win (depending on teamates)

Selcopa

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swooshter View Post
This is where your logic fails. If you are (by your own words) and mid 1200 elo player, how did you get the 1440? Luck. Sure, there was some skill involved, but you probably got matched with a good team (or matched against a bad team). Because lets face it, if you were that good, you would have been able to stay in 1400s elo. But, because you got lucky during some of the matches, you raised to an elo higher than you should have been.

If that is true, cant the opposite be true as well? This game is a balance of luck and skill. Luck in who your teammates and enemy are and skill in how you play it based on that luck. The reason elo hell exists, is because at the lower elos, luck is a much greater factor in the game than skill.
Nobody denies in the short term that you can get a lucky win streak or lucky losing streak.

The definition of elo hell is that you cannot get out of it, not that its a temporary setback but that its a core flaw to the system and no amount of skill can get you out of it. It simply is not elo hell if you can get out of it.

If people were just saying "Oh im not actually stuck here Im going to get out its just a temporary setback and im just here to be a whiny little girl about my 'misfortune'" then nobody would care. However every comes in here with this ridiculous notion that they are not the problem, that everyone but themselves is what is holding them back.

Once you believe its possible to 'get out' of elo hell by anything other than luck, be it skill, duo queuing, fotm champs, you no longer believe in the real definition of elo hell. You are just wasting time complaining on the forums when you should be getting better So we don't have to deal with your sh!t

Rockaqt

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youshroom View Post
I
Please, enlighten me elo hell believers. Where does my logic fail?
K, L2 Carry harder. It's kids like you that make stupid mistakes and throw games especially if your tanking that much. I've been playing lol since mid S2 Got gold last season and im pushing plat this season... So uh, elo hell? Yeah I started out around 800 last season pulled my head out of my ass got 1550 then this season im at 1829 atm... It's not that hard. Mistakes throw games. Control your team. Act as a leader. Scream at them if theyre doing something stupid. Simple enough. If you cant do those things. Enjoy staying below 1600 cause I know i sure didnt enjoy being there.

Youshroom

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockaqt View Post
K, L2 Carry harder. It's kids like you that make stupid mistakes and throw games especially if your tanking that much. I've been playing lol since mid S2 Got gold last season and im pushing plat this season... So uh, elo hell? Yeah I started out around 800 last season pulled my head out of my ass got 1550 then this season im at 1829 atm... It's not that hard. Mistakes throw games. Control your team. Act as a leader. Scream at them if theyre doing something stupid. Simple enough. If you cant do those things. Enjoy staying below 1600 cause I know i sure didnt enjoy being there.
While the "L2 Carry harder" is such a simplified answer, I have no idea why you're directing that comment at me. I'm the one syaing elo hell doesnt truly exist.

EnvisageX

12-29-2012

This post is hilarious for a bunch of reasons. One we have good old Selcopa chiming in again, no one is caring about the definition it is a place you can get out of. You can get out of it, I dont even think people would complain about ELO except for the fact of the quality of games you find.

So if I carry a game, yes last week I played and put together a 9 game winning streak. I carried every game hard. So I'm all happy like yesssss finally get out of this ****. But here's the problem not every team I carried for was that great. Some were just down right awful. So those players get free ELO in theory this makes it harder for the next person who has to play with the same people. After that streak I had a 5 game loss streak did everything I could to win the game. But when you have people just giving up cause the bottom lane support wants to feed graves 9 kills in 10 minutes. Your SOL. Or people jacking lanes that don't even have a clue of what they should be doing well you might as well consider it a loss. I already knew I was going to loose those games.

Also the soft ELO reset was a freaking joke. Riot knows the have to much invested in these "pro" players. I would have loved to seen the first week with everyone reset to 1200. But nahhh lets soft reset it. In any sport when after a season ends do teams or even people not get set back to 0. I'm sorry, it was a joke. There wasn't even a point in doing the soft reset.

Again the main complaint and my complaint is simply this the quality of games are horrid at these ELO's. So yeah it exists can you get out yes. But it is a pain in the ass like someone said before. A pro player dodge'd the games he knew he was going to loose.

So yes make a smurf account if your that great, Don't dodge a game. Make it to 1900. You won't that quickly. I don't see it riot knew it thats why there was no real reset of ELO just a joke of this soft reset. I'd love to see the really good players in games that low in solo que not duo'ing. In the pool of all the people at the 900 to 1200 range I would bet they do well but not as well as everyone thinks. If it would have been the case riot would have just reset everyone to 1200 at the beginning of the season.

sepetaiya

12-29-2012

Envisage knows what hes talking about. Elo hell exists, but you can get out with luck with teamates. high elo players just got lucky with a soft reset so dont have to be put back into 1200 like they should have been.

if you do not dodge trolls it doesnt matter how good you are, many games in elo hell are -impossible- to 'carry'

Shesocold

12-31-2012

So much fighting for solo top only players in Elo hell it's disgusting. Honestly I'be spent 15 minutes! Trying to find a ranked match where people wouldn't dodge last second after not getting top.